Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Google Finance Watchlists

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Maylix
2 Lemon pips

Google Finance Watchlists

Postby Maylix » June 20th, 2019, 1:55 am

DAK how the watchlists in Google finance are organised? I have a list of about 15 stocks, but there doesn't seem to be any logic to the order of the stocks in the list. They're not alphabetical, or anything else I can see. And is it possible to change the order to e.g. alphabetical or by descending order of daily change?
TIA
Maylix

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Google Finance Watchlists

Postby kiloran » June 20th, 2019, 8:53 am

As far as I can see, they are in the order in which they are added. Can't see any way to change this.

You can construct a more personalised watchlist using a Google Docs spreadsheet. See the first part of the document at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... price.html

--kiloran

Maylix
2 Lemon pips

Postby Maylix » June 20th, 2019, 1:55 pm

kiloran wrote:As far as I can see, they are in the order in which they are added. Can't see any way to change this.

You can construct a more personalised watchlist using a Google Docs spreadsheet. See the first part of the document at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... price.html

--kiloran

Thanks for the reply Kiloran. I will check out that document and hopefully will be able to set up my own watchlist.
Maylix

Maylix
2 Lemon pips

Postby Maylix » July 5th, 2019, 4:47 pm

Update, in case anyone comes across this thread in a future search: Just discovered Yahoo Finance which allows you to set up a watchlist/portfolio which you can reorder as you want, as well as being able to sort on e.g. % change on day. Additionally, the Yahoo Finance portfolio allows you to track the individual performance of multiple lots of the same share, and gives you annualised performance for the specific lots as well, something I've been looking for for a long time. Very useful.
Maylix

Return to “Does anyone know?”