Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

How to buy an Xbox game as a Gift?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
john10001
2 Lemon pips

How to buy an Xbox game as a Gift?

Postby john10001 » July 10th, 2019, 11:32 pm

Does anyone know how I buy an Xbox game as a gift?

I did buy a physical copy but then found out the consoles don't take them anymore and are digital download only.

If I go on the Xbox UK website and find a game that has the option to buy as a gift will I get some sort of code I can give instead that they enter on their Xbox to get the game? Is that how it now works?

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: How to buy an Xbox game as a Gift?

Postby Itsallaguess » July 11th, 2019, 4:48 am

john10001 wrote:
Does anyone know how I buy an Xbox game as a gift?

I did buy a physical copy but then found out the consoles don't take them anymore and are digital download only.

If I go on the Xbox UK website and find a game that has the option to buy as a gift will I get some sort of code I can give instead that they enter on their Xbox to get the game? Is that how it now works?

That's often the cheapest method, yes.

Be aware though, that there are very often cheaper methods of buying the game codes than using the official XBOX UK website...

I've used CD-Keys a number of times over the years, for various Xbox One and also Windows software offers, and I can recommend them as an option if they have the game that you're looking for (they also have good Xbox Live membership offers periodically too...) -

https://www.cdkeys.com/

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Does anyone know?”