Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Electricity supply downloads

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Arfer

Electricity supply downloads

Postby Arfer » October 15th, 2019, 5:08 pm

We have electric underfloor heating in view of our advancing age. We also have Heatmiser thermostats which can be programmed from my PC.

I can download information from Owl Intuition to my PC in order to analyse usage in CSV format into Excel. It has, however, been some 20 years since I left the world of work and Excel is not what it used to be!

Firstly when heating elements are switched on there seems to be a considerable surge in use which drops back. For example there is only one element operating at the moment, it comes on at 6:20 AM at 15 kW for a minute or two and then drops down to 4.5 kW. I know I can stagger on and off times to make sure that only one peak load exists at any one time, but I would like to be able to turn the downloaded CSV information to a reasonable graphic format in Excel.

For this I need to presumably generate a macro which would be a list of commands and the downloaded data could be then introduced to the macro and the graphic output made visible swiftly, without errors and in a matter of moments.

Is that a resource on the net which I can use to create this macro? I am using Excel from office 365.

BusyBumbleBee
Lemon Slice

Re: Electricity supply downloads

Postby BusyBumbleBee » October 15th, 2019, 6:11 pm

Silly question - Have you asked OWL? - they are usually pretty helpful. If not use Google to learn how to create graphs. Microsoft provide lots of ''how to' videos.'

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 15th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Arfer wrote:
Is that a resource on the net which I can use to create this macro? I am using Excel from office 365.

You might not need anything as complicated as a full-blown 'macro'.

Are you able to post a couple of days worth of data here, as I'm fairly sure that between us we'll be able to help out.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

modellingman
Lemon Slice

Postby modellingman » October 16th, 2019, 12:11 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
Arfer wrote:

You might not need anything as complicated as a full-blown 'macro'.

Are you able to post a couple of days worth of data here, as I'm fairly sure that between us we'll be able to help out.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Agree entirely. Like any analysis, its really about understanding what data you actually have available and what sort of questions you are trying to answer. The first of these is resolved by posting some data and the second by providing some insight into why you think the graphs will be of interest to you. I suspect costs and levels of comfort are probably going to feature somewhere along the line.

Return to “Does anyone know?”