Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

How to deal with Amazon

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Stonge
Lemon Slice

How to deal with Amazon

Postby Stonge » December 18th, 2019, 8:14 pm

I ordered some books for a relative for Christmas.

According to amazon they were delivered on 4th December.

However my relative never received them.

I can find nowhere on the Amazon website where I can dispute non-delivery and ask for replacements.

Is this the latest ploy for making more profit? Claim to have delivered and actually not bother.

The bigger question though is what happens when we become totally dependent on these huge monopolies? They will have huge power over us with the threat of being blacklisted from their services.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: How to deal with Amazon

Postby Itsallaguess » December 18th, 2019, 8:30 pm

Stonge wrote:
I can find nowhere on the Amazon website where I can dispute non-delivery and ask for replacements.

Sign into your Amazon account, and then click on the URL below which will take you to one of their 'Contact Us' pages, where you will see a button on the left marked as such -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us/

Click on the 'Start Chatting' button and an Amazon operator will soon appear who will be able to help with your issue.

Alternatively, you can use the 'Call Me' option that you'll see to the right of the above button, where Amazon will call you back on the phone within a couple of minutes, if you'd prefer some help that way instead.

Stonge wrote:
Is this the latest ploy for making more profit? Claim to have delivered and actually not bother.

The bigger question though is what happens when we become totally dependent on these huge monopolies? They will have huge power over us with the threat of being blacklisted from their services.

We're talking about Christmas deliveries here, and given the huge numbers of deliveries that Amazon are likely to make over the period then there are bound to be a few issues with some deliveries.

I try to allow for a mishap or two when dealing with any company, and very much prefer to judge a company on how they respond to those mishaps, and I've always found Amazon to be absolutely superb when these issues have happened to me in the past.

I hope you'll have a similar experience using one of the above options to help sort your issue out, and I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the case....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » December 18th, 2019, 9:16 pm

I always get Amazon stuff delivered to the local collection point which is about 100 yards from where I live, no issues over goods being signed for by neighbours or 'phantom' deliveries that way. My flat developments FB group page is a constant stream of missing Amazon (+ other courier) delivery complaints.

Maroochydore
Lemon Slice

Postby Maroochydore » December 18th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
Click on the 'Start Chatting' button and an Amazon operator will soon appear who will be able to help with your issue.

Alternatively, you can use the 'Call Me' option that you'll see to the right of the above button, where Amazon will call you back on the phone within a couple of minutes, if you'd prefer some help that way instead.
Itsallaguess

From experience I would use the Start Chatting option.

I've used the Call Me option a couple of times and whilst they call back very quickly both times it has been their Philippines (I think) call centre. The girls are very pleasant but I find them embarrassingly difficult to understand. After saying "Sorry, can you repeat that slowly" a few times, I was the one embarrassed, I don't know about them.

Howard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howard » December 18th, 2019, 10:31 pm

I buy a lot from Amazon (generally small items) and, very occasionally, there has been a problem with a delivery. The last time was a year ago when a courier delivered a projector screen to an address 50 miles away and separately the projector stand was broken on arrival. I had a laugh with their customer service advisor about the distant delivery and he fixed a quick replacement to be delivered before Christmas. And the projector stand was also speedily replaced.

It would be very surprising if they didn't sort your problem out very quickly. They are so dominant because their service is generally excellent. Hope you find that this is the case.

regards

Howard

paullidd
2 Lemon pips

Postby paullidd » December 19th, 2019, 8:00 am

I have used the 'call me' option before and had speedy and satisfactory response with apologies that actually sounded sincere.

Paul

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » December 19th, 2019, 9:10 am

Ditto. I used the Call Me option the other week, and a real live person called me within three seconds. Thirty seconds later they'd offered a refund.

The hard part is finding out that it's the Call Me option that you want! Most people would be looking for an online way of getting a delivery problem sorted, and there isn't one. In an age when we complain so much about voicemail jails and websites that go round in circles, Amazon's real-human-being approach seems rather commendable.

BJ

Stonge
Lemon Slice

Postby Stonge » December 19th, 2019, 9:56 am

Thanks Itsallaguess, without your help I would have got nowhere and given up.

After using your link and then going round in circles several times I eventually managed to get a Call Me request.

A person called me (not English) who was difficult to understand but eventually we managed to sort out the delivery of replacement items.

So hopefully it will eventually work out OK.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » December 19th, 2019, 10:17 am

is the above only for amazon sales themselves - does it include amazon sellers eg separate from amazon but use amazon as their marketplace?

cheers

didds

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » December 19th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Stonge wrote:
After using your link and then going round in circles several times I eventually managed to get a Call Me request.

Great news Stonge, and thanks for coming back and letting us know you found a resolution that you were happy with.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » December 20th, 2019, 7:30 am

Infrasonic wrote:I always get Amazon stuff delivered to the local collection point which is about 100 yards from where I live, no issues over goods being signed for by neighbours or 'phantom' deliveries that way. My flat developments FB group page is a constant stream of missing Amazon (+ other courier) delivery complaints.

I will use an Amazon locker when I can for those very reasons; although I have noticed you can't use it for certain items or if the item is too large.

However I did experience one problem recently where an order of two items shipped separately. The first item shipped fine and I collected it, but the second was delayed. After about a week or so I received notifications it had shipped, and then a few days later (which is quite an unusually long delay) I received notification it had finally arrived in the locker.

So off to the locker I go, open it up with the code they sent me and... the locker was empty!

Now that was an interesting discussion with Amazon.

Fortunately it was only a 1p sim card that I had ordered to take a £19.99 item to £20 so I wasn't that bothered, but it seemed more the principle that you could potentially lose out if the system considered something delivered when it had not been.

tikunetih
Lemon Slice

Postby tikunetih » December 20th, 2019, 8:23 am

didds wrote:is the above only for amazon sales themselves - does it include amazon sellers eg separate from amazon but use amazon as their marketplace?

cheers

didds

If you look at 'Your Orders', those sold by 3rd parties will show a 'Problem with order' button alongside, which leads to some 'What went wrong?' options.

Using this, I recently obtained a refund from Amazon for a seller who didn't fulfill my order, although there was a "safety in numbers" aspect which may have helped, with other very recent purchasers all stating the same problem (ie. formerly reliable seller went rogue / did a runner).

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » December 20th, 2019, 10:45 am

I had a parcel delivered a couple of days ago - very beat-up box, but the item was fine. Unfortunately there were supposed to be two (different) products delivered in the same box, but the smaller one had (presumably) fallen out of the Amazon packaging which was ripped.

I tried to report my missing item on-line, but as others have noted, that's not how Amazon do it. A google search turned up lots of people complaining that Amazon was ripping them off etc. but one search result did suggest using the Amazon Assistant with its contact customer service feature.

A quick chat with what appeared to be an automated robot interface to ascertain which category my problem was and I was connected to a real person. 30 seconds later and I'd had an offer of a full refund.

My only complaint with an otherwise very good service is that the contact us feature is buried, rather than being on the home page, but I can understand they want to reduce the number of calls from people that don't have a problem but just want to ask a question that could be answered by browsing etc.

I'll repeat the same link that IAAG posted earlier - very useful to have should you need it!

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

VRD

Return to “Does anyone know?”