Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Andover Rail Station - very short term parking

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
didds
Lemon Half

Andover Rail Station - very short term parking

Postby didds » February 3rd, 2020, 10:16 am

I have to collect some rail tickets (pre paid etc) from a station prior to us travelling on Friday from Chippenham (to Edinburgh via Bristol return). For ease of timings etc I'd rather collect them prior to Friday than join some queue at Chippenham on Friday morning etc. I'm passing Andover on Wednesday ... (we have no "local" station" - Chipp is the nearest and thats ten miles away etc yadda yadda)

DAK what very short term parking options there are at Andover rail station while I literally pop in for a very few minutes to collect the tickets ? All I can find on line is a car park with a "all day" charge. I'd rather avoid paying anything frankly for what will be a fleeting visit.

???

didds

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: Andover Rail Station - very short term parking

Postby UncleIan » February 3rd, 2020, 11:16 am

A quick play with google maps street view suggests there are some "drop off and pick up" spaces just outside the station car park, and on Station Approach the parking restrictions seem to be 2hr wait no return within two hours, with no indication of "Pay at Meter" or anything. I'd treat "pick up" the same as "picking up some tickets".

Pictures are stamped August 2018 so probably still pretty accurate.

marronier
Lemon Slice

Postby marronier » February 3rd, 2020, 12:20 pm

When I bought pre-paid rail tickets on-line I was able to collect the tickets from any railway station provided I had the transaction code and the debit/credit card that payment was made with.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 3rd, 2020, 12:23 pm

marronier wrote:When I bought pre-paid rail tickets on-line I was able to collect the tickets from any railway station provided I had the transaction code and the debit/credit card that payment was made with.

yes - exactly :-) hence picking up form andover as Im passing rather than eirher risking the timing on Friday morning prior to travel or a specific trip to chippenham just for the tickets - chippenham beign our closest rail station otherwise (10miles each way)

:)

didds

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Postby SalvorHardin » February 3rd, 2020, 12:30 pm

Local supermarkets are usually good places to stop for a while. Do a bit of shopping (enough to get a parking fee refund if they charge one), then walk to the station.

A quick look at Google Maps shows several within about half a mile of the railway station. Scout out the area using Google Street View (it's very useful to have a look on Google Maps and Street View if you're going somewhere you've never been before).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Andover/@51.2116224,-1.4976836,15z

About 200 yards north west of the station (on Charlton Road) there's a Co-Op local store with parking in front for customers.

Nocton
Lemon Slice

Postby Nocton » February 4th, 2020, 9:16 am

Just look at the rail company's web site that manages Andover station. You can also check on Parkopedia for other car parks nearby.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 5th, 2020, 1:47 pm

for posterity... sorted. there is a very short term drop off and pick up area on the station concourese. Free.

didds

Return to “Does anyone know?”