Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

In a jam

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Adhill

In a jam

Postby Adhill » March 18th, 2021, 8:42 am

May have to go safe soon.

Anybody with aviva pensions withprofits? What are they like? I have part of my pension seems to have grown by over 3% pa in 2 years by my estimate , from 2.06p unit to 2.14p but of course hard to then take it out to invest in market when it crashes, which might be sooner than later but I have large percentage of cash in pension at moment losing about 0.15%.

Also I have come across tradestops by tradesmith they claim to give clear indicator of market downturn and when to go to cash. Too good to be true surely but anybody used them?

How much cash should I keep in my pension to invest in downturn or is that just a stupid question? None maybe the answer. Do I go with profits? but then may not have much spare to be able to put in when market crashes and I see all other investments as very risky right now.

Can anone give any insight. Thanks guys.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Re: In a jam

Postby chas49 » March 18th, 2021, 8:55 am

Moderator Message:
I don't think this is really a DAK post, and the title is unlikely to attract readers who know about pensions - I was expecting a question about jam or traffic! Perhaps the OP could consider reposting in a better place (Pensions Practical https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=17) or (How Do I Invest - https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=88)

@OP If you want this post removed, just report it using the ! button

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: In a jam

Postby PinkDalek » March 18th, 2021, 11:32 am

Back story in an earlier post over at “Catastrophe Corner” (where a similar question is asked):

viewtopic.php?p=396602#p396602

Moderator Message:
Thanks for the link - I'll lock this thread, I suggest replies go to the other topic for now (chas49)

Return to “Does anyone know?”