Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Frozen Accounts (maybe)

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
TahiPanasDua
Lemon Slice

Frozen Accounts (maybe)

Postby TahiPanasDua » September 25th, 2022, 1:51 pm

Moderator Message:
Moved here from banking board. Shadow left there.

We currently bank mainly with HSBC UK but have legacy accounts with HSBC Hong Kong and HSBC Expat. We don't use the HK accounts which only hold about £6k. There is no problem with the UK or Expat accounts.

For many months we have been unable to access HSBC HK. Many (expensive) phone calls and online chats later we are no further forward. We were given multiple useless explanations and pieces of advice on "chat". A temporary relief came out of the blue when we unlocked some minor frozen accounts. We were told that all the accounts had been frozen, and they were seemingly unlocked for a week or so then clamped shut again.

Has anyone had a similar experience? HSBC comes out of this very badly. Their "chat" service is useless and the Premier hotline staff seem to know nothing of any relevance.

For the record, when trying to access HK direct, we get a frozen "log Out" page and when we try to logon via HSBC UK, we get only a buffering symbol.

Thanks for any observations.

TP2

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Frozen Accounts (maybe)

Postby Dod101 » September 25th, 2022, 3:17 pm

The only observation I can make is that when I had a similar situation with a US Dollar account held in New York, I appealed to the Investor Relations fellow at an AGM of HSBC Holdings. It worked because I then got a call from New York to sort out the problem. I think you will find his details in the Annual Report if you want to try this route. (or PM me) It will probably help if you are a shareholder in HSBC Holdings!

Dod

TahiPanasDua
Lemon Slice

Re: Frozen Accounts (maybe)

Postby TahiPanasDua » September 25th, 2022, 3:29 pm

Dod101 wrote:The only observation I can make is that when I had a similar situation with a US Dollar account held in New York, I appealed to the Investor Relations fellow at an AGM of HSBC Holdings. It worked because I then got a call from New York to sort out the problem. I think you will find his details in the Annual Report if you want to try this route. (or PM me) It will probably help if you are a shareholder in HSBC Holdings!

Dod

Thanks Dod.

I will try something like that. Of course, such extreme measures should not be necessary.

I am an HSBC shareholder.

Cheers,

TP2.

Return to “Does anyone know?”