Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

How Long Are Financial And Health Power Of Attorneys Taking To Register?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
tlf67482
2 Lemon pips

How Long Are Financial And Health Power Of Attorneys Taking To Register?

Postby tlf67482 » November 24th, 2023, 9:14 am

DAK how long it is currently taking the Office of the Public Guardian to register Financial and/or Health power of attorney forms?

Thanks

newlyretired
2 Lemon pips

Re: How Long Are Financial And Health Power Of Attorneys Taking To Register?

Postby newlyretired » November 24th, 2023, 11:10 am

There was a recent thread about this on the Legal Issues board:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40664

For Financial LPAs it's currently about 3 months from submission.

newlyretired

RockRabbit
Lemon Slice

Postby RockRabbit » November 24th, 2023, 11:17 am

tlf67482 wrote:DAK how long it is currently taking the Office of the Public Guardian to register Financial and/or Health power of attorney forms?

Thanks

I received mine in Nov 2023 - took 6 months from submission.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » November 24th, 2023, 11:59 am

tlf67482 wrote:DAK how long it is currently taking the Office of the Public Guardian to register Financial and/or Health power of attorney forms?

Thanks

Between 3 and 6 months I would say, based on recent experience. A big change from pre covid when it took about three weeks.

tlf67482
2 Lemon pips

Postby tlf67482 » November 24th, 2023, 3:16 pm

Thanks for all the replies. For reference this is England POA.

The public guardian website does say approximately 20 weeks but wanted an idea if in reality it could be quicker.

A solicitor has arranged at our end and they will be getting the original when it is registered does anyone know if the public guardian office also lets the donor and attorneys know when:

1) they receive it
2) they actually send the registration (or whatever it is) to the solicitors?

Both the finance and health applications were basic no special instructions and no people to notify just a donor, solicitor as the certificate provider and a couple of attorneys.

Thanks

RockRabbit
Lemon Slice

Postby RockRabbit » November 24th, 2023, 5:58 pm

tlf67482 wrote:Thanks for all the replies. For reference this is England POA.

The public guardian website does say approximately 20 weeks but wanted an idea if in reality it could be quicker.

A solicitor has arranged at our end and they will be getting the original when it is registered does anyone know if the public guardian office also lets the donor and attorneys know when:

1) they receive it
2) they actually send the registration (or whatever it is) to the solicitors?

Both the finance and health applications were basic no special instructions and no people to notify just a donor, solicitor as the certificate provider and a couple of attorneys.

Thanks

We (donors/attorneys) didn't get any notification from OPG (England) when they received applications from our solicitor. But we (and solicitor) both received separate notification from the OPG about the likely POA registration date approx. 2 months before the registered POAs were sent to our solicitor. When the POAs were sent to solicitor we received directly from OPG separate notification (multiple in fact to both donors and attorneys for both types of POAs). BTW, looking back at my records it was 5 months for us between sending off and receiving registered POA not 6 and some of that delay was caused by our dreadful postal service.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » November 24th, 2023, 7:03 pm

Nearly 6 months my most recent experience

tlf67482
2 Lemon pips

Postby tlf67482 » November 24th, 2023, 7:37 pm

RockRabbit wrote:But we (and solicitor) both received separate notification from the OPG about the likely POA registration date approx.

Great thanks for information - was notification via postal letter as I do not think my relations (the donors) would have used an email address on the form?

RockRabbit
Lemon Slice

Postby RockRabbit » November 25th, 2023, 10:57 am

tlf67482 wrote:
RockRabbit wrote:But we (and solicitor) both received separate notification from the OPG about the likely POA registration date approx.

Great thanks for information - was notification via postal letter as I do not think my relations (the donors) would have used an email address on the form?

Everything for donors and attorneys was via postal letter with OPG. The notifcation received from OPG regarding likely POA registration date differed slightly for the health and financial POAs but we received several letters, some to donors, some to attorneys (6 in total).

The notice from OPG that registered POA had been sent to our solicitor resulted in us receiving 8 letters on one day from OPG as we are both attorneys and donors for health and financial POA. To be honest it got a bit confusing! (ie 2x2x2 letters). We didn't provide an email address so I'm not sure what OPG communication situation is if you do.

NB. If you have 'backup' attorneys, they do not receive any correspondence from OPG AFAIK.

newlyretired
2 Lemon pips

Postby newlyretired » November 25th, 2023, 1:30 pm

RockRabbit wrote:We didn't provide an email address so I'm not sure what OPG communication situation is if you do.

I did provide an email address. I (eventually) received confirmation of receipt of the LPA application by email, but all of the notifications to attorneys etc. came by post. I'm still awaiting receipt of the LPAs, I assume that they come by post.

newlyretired

Return to “Does anyone know?”