Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

British Airways - contacting chairman

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
zico
Lemon Quarter

British Airways - contacting chairman

Postby zico » April 10th, 2024, 11:17 pm

DAK how I might try to contact the chairman directly?
(Of course, I know any message won't get directly to him, but I've received some extraordinarily shambolic service from BA, and would like to escalate it in some other form than their standard complaints procedure.)

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: British Airways - contacting chairman

Postby mc2fool » April 10th, 2024, 11:26 pm

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » April 10th, 2024, 11:26 pm

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » April 11th, 2024, 4:13 pm

Ooh, come on, don't tease us like that, how did BA screw up?

I was loyal for many years to BA, even working myself up to Gold status for 4 years, which comes with some decent perks, such as Firstwing check-in and use of the First class lounge at LHR T5 even if flying in economy. But I have let that lapse now for a variety of reasons, including some mistakes, although nothing that serious.

To get service equivalent to Business class on one of the better airlines you have to fly First on BA. It is probably the worst F of any airline that offers it. BA A380s still have those ying-yang seats in business class where you have to stare at a stranger.

As for complaining I usually just call the help number. The operators are empowered to throw some Avios miles at you. I have received 10,000 or 15,000 for a material problem. But I am curious how BA handles a really big problem, say being bumped off a flight or downgraded to cattle class.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » April 11th, 2024, 9:05 pm

Lootman wrote:Ooh, come on, don't tease us like that, how did BA screw up?

Moderator Message:
Not on DAK please though (chas49)

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » April 11th, 2024, 9:26 pm

A tangential observation but I suspect the CEO of any company of any size will have a team of staff screening incoming emails. Only emails that really must be dealt with by the CEO and no-one else will reach the eyes of the actual CEO, I suspect.

Any reply the OP gets will almost certainly be from someone whose job it is to intercept and deal with incoming complaints, albeit deal with them effectively.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » April 11th, 2024, 9:31 pm

Mike4 wrote:A tangential observation but I suspect the CEO of any company of any size will have a team of staff screening incoming emails. Only emails that really must be dealt with by the CEO and no-one else will reach the eyes of the actual CEO, I suspect.

Any reply the OP gets will almost certainly be from someone whose job it is to intercept and deal with incoming complaints, albeit deal with them effectively.

Yes, the one time I ran a complaint all the way up the chain of command to the CEO (it was Natwest not BA) I got a reply conceding my point from the head of PR. I assume that part of his job was to protect the big cheese from dealing with the nuts and bolts of the business, so that he could focus on strategic vision. Or something.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » April 11th, 2024, 10:04 pm

Lootman wrote:
Mike4 wrote:A tangential observation but I suspect the CEO of any company of any size will have a team of staff screening incoming emails. Only emails that really must be dealt with by the CEO and no-one else will reach the eyes of the actual CEO, I suspect.

Yes, the one time I ran a complaint all the way up the chain of command to the CEO (it was Natwest not BA) I got a reply conceding my point from the head of PR. I assume that part of his job was to protect the big cheese from dealing with the nuts and bolts of the business, so that he could focus on strategic vision. Or something.

Surely "Big Cheese" would not have been his job title, it would have been "Head Honcho".

Or maybe that should be for the Chairman...

Return to “Does anyone know?”