Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

New user - contacting a moderator?

Raise issues with Admin (Stooz, Clariman, Redsturgeon) e.g. alert to something important on the site or ask Admin about a moderation decision. You will be answered, but there is no response time guarantee.
ocpaul20

New user - contacting a moderator?

Postby ocpaul20 » September 5th, 2018, 9:31 am

I am a new user so I cannot send any messages yet.

So, how do I contact someone to ask a question about where to post a query I have? It would be useful to have some kind of email contact or maybe an ability to selectively contact a moderator perhaps?

Thanks
Paul

redsturgeon
Lemon Quarter

Re: New user - contacting a moderator?

Postby redsturgeon » September 5th, 2018, 9:39 am

ocpaul20 wrote:I am a new user so I cannot send any messages yet.

So, how do I contact someone to ask a question about where to post a query I have? It would be useful to have some kind of email contact or maybe an ability to selectively contact a moderator perhaps?

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

I am a moderator here, what would you like to know?

John

PinkDalek
Lemon Quarter

Postby PinkDalek » September 5th, 2018, 9:43 am

ocpaul20 wrote:I am a new user so I cannot send any messages yet.

I've reported you post (using the ! button), such that a Moderator or Admin may be alerted to the last sentence in your post.

If you describe what your query concerns, someone reading this board might be able to point you in the right direction.

ocpaul20

Postby ocpaul20 » September 5th, 2018, 10:03 am

OK, thanks.

I am having an 'issue' with the Ombudsman after a complaint about a WOL policy started with AXA => Friends Life => and now Aviva and I want to know if what I think/assume is correct and whether others think they are being unreasonable in their handling of the case.

So I wanted to ask where I should post about it?

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » September 5th, 2018, 10:18 am

ocpaul20 wrote:So I wanted to ask where I should post about it?

"Does anyone know" could be a starting point.

There's no specific "Life Assurance" board. If the query is Investment related, "Other Investing" is also possible.

PinkDalek
Lemon Quarter

Postby PinkDalek » September 5th, 2018, 10:37 am

ocpaul20 wrote:I am having an 'issue' with the Ombudsman after a complaint about a WOL policy started with AXA => Friends Life => and now Aviva and I want to know if what I think/assume is correct and whether others think they are being unreasonable in their handling of the case.

As said, there isn't a precise board that fits but others have mentioned the Ombudsman over at Retirement Investing (inc FIRE) viewforum.php?f=30 and Pensions - Practical Problems viewforum.php?f=17 although neither is an exact fit.

More generally, if you ask a question on the wrong board, it is possible for the Moderators to move it, should that be deemed necessary.

ocpaul20

Postby ocpaul20 » September 5th, 2018, 10:46 am

OK. Thanks guys.

Return to “Room 101”