Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,Steffers0,Anonymous,CryptoPlankton,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

Should these posts stay in the company news or move to PD?

Raise issues with Admin (Stooz, Clariman, Redsturgeon) e.g. alert to something important on the site or ask Admin about a moderation decision. You will be answered, but there is no response time guarantee.
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Should these posts stay in the company news or move to PD?

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 8th, 2019, 5:05 pm

The posts in between
viewtopic.php?p=256323#p256323

and
viewtopic.php?p=256615#p256615

I reported the first using the correct channel, and the moderator who dealt with the report, ignored me. Now we have a couple of pages of a derailed ULVR news forum thread.

:roll:

Itsallaguess
Lemon Quarter

Re: Should these posts stay in the company news or move to PD?

Postby Itsallaguess » October 8th, 2019, 5:13 pm

Moderator Message:
Topic moved to Room 101 - Please read the 'Room 101' guidelines here - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=13513 - Itsallaguess
Last edited by Itsallaguess on October 8th, 2019, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoyofBricks8
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBricks8 » October 8th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Goodness. If it moves to Polite Discussions I shall have to subscribe to see replies, which I dont really want to do. I dont think we strayed off topic at all: When dealing with a global company bent on improving the environment, sometimes the discussion gets, well, global. And environmental. Its kinda inevitable.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 8th, 2019, 5:49 pm

JoyofBricks8 wrote:Goodness. If it moves to Polite Discussions I shall have to subscribe to see replies, which I dont really want to do. I dont think we strayed off topic at all: When dealing with a global company bent on improving the environment, sometimes the discussion gets, well, global. And environmental. Its kinda inevitable.

I thought the news board was for sharing news. Which I'd originally done in sharing the statements I'd heard on R4. However after your OP the thread then descended predictably into discussions about the green movement, and thermodynamics of manufacture.

If the admins and mods of TLF are happy with that then fine, they have far more ownership "rights" than me. It really is their call.

Matt

JoyofBricks8
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBricks8 » October 8th, 2019, 5:56 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
JoyofBricks8 wrote:Goodness. If it moves to Polite Discussions I shall have to subscribe to see replies, which I dont really want to do. I dont think we strayed off topic at all: When dealing with a global company bent on improving the environment, sometimes the discussion gets, well, global. And environmental. Its kinda inevitable.

I thought the news board was for sharing news. Which I'd originally done in sharing the statements I'd heard on R4. However after your OP the thread then descended predictably into discussions about the green movement, and thermodynamics of manufacture.

If the admins and mods of TLF are happy with that then fine, they have far more ownership "rights" than me. It really is their call.

Matt

Every single one of my posts talked specifically about Unilever and its peculiar stance and its business model. How was any of it off topic?

I submit that you didnt like the content and opinions expressed and are trying to bury it on a private board as you dont agree with it, leaving only your original post without the critical discussion that followed.

Censorship in other words.

I mean your own initial post was not even an RNS for goodness sake. If we are to be strict, that wasnt significant news as it wasnt RNS-ed.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 8th, 2019, 6:07 pm

JoyofBricks8 wrote:
TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:

Matt

Every single one of my posts talked specifically about Unilever and its peculiar stance and its business model. How was any of it off topic?

I submit that you didnt like the content and opinions expressed and are trying to bury it on a private board as you dont agree with it.

Censorship in other words.

Dont be silly. Firstly I'm a member of PD, it only takes a few mouse clicks. Secondly you are entitled to your opinions and I have no reservations to either discussing or completely ignoring them, at some point in time.

Whether the "management" have issue with the placement is their call. Perhaps they aren't. TBH after my initial report, which prior to IAAGs interaction was in the BB, I really find myself with zero emotional attachment to the result (of my initial report).

Matt

JoyofBricks8
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBricks8 » October 8th, 2019, 6:10 pm

I am not a member of PD, and have no desire to deal with the disagreeable denizens therein. I fail to see why we should have to discuss a FTSE100 business there.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Quarter

Postby Itsallaguess » October 8th, 2019, 6:33 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
TBH after my initial report, which prior to IAAGs interaction was in the BB, I really find myself with zero emotional attachment to the result (of my initial report).

Just to be clear Matt, this topic that I moved from The Biscuit Bar wasn't your 'initial report'.

You've said yourself in the first post on this thread that your initial report was when you reported a post on the news board, and that report looks to have been closed by a moderator with no action. That is by no means a unique event, as many reports are closed in a similar 'unactioned' way....

If you want to question that decision, then this is the place to do that, and hopefully, Stooz, Clariman, or John will be along soon to give their view.

For clarity, I should add that the only involvement that I've had with this issue is to move this topic from The Biscuit Bar to this more appropriate board.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » October 8th, 2019, 6:48 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:The posts in between

and

I reported the first using the correct channel, and the moderator who dealt with the report, ignored me. Now we have a couple of pages of a derailed ULVR news forum thread.

The way I see it is that the board is to "Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions."

Once the latest information has been posted there why shouldn't people discuss it?

Chris

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 9th, 2019, 7:35 am

csearle wrote:
TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:The posts in between

and

The way I see it is that the board is to "Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions."

Once the latest information has been posted there why shouldn't people discuss it?

Chris

Ok, fair enough.

It's worth noting however, that when you closed my report of this post report without action, I then posted this reply to JoB, with the concluding suggestion:

Anyway why don't you create a new topic to discuss thermodynamics and manufacturing processes should you feel the need to discuss the scientific minutiae some more?

Interestingly, I received 3 thanks for that post. So I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to how TLF community perceived the redirection of a supposedly tight news board into a discussion of thermodynamics, world population size, toxic masculinity, and the recent demonstrations in London.

All the best,
Matt

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » October 9th, 2019, 10:54 am

Moderator Message:
It appears that this discussion has answered the question why it was moved here and by whom, and the original issue has been discussed with both points of view politely expressed (thanks). Are we happy that this has been resolved/explained or is there anything that Admin needs to address or consider further?

I will lock the topic later today unless anyone feels strongly that action or discussion is still required.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 9th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Clariman wrote:
Moderator Message:
It appears that this discussion has answered the question why it was moved here and by whom, and the original issue has been discussed with both points of view politely expressed (thanks). Are we happy that this has been resolved/explained or is there anything that Admin needs to address or consider further?

I will lock the topic later today unless anyone feels strongly that action or discussion is still required.

If you are happy with things Clariman, then I am too. Like I said earlier, I have zero emotional capital as to how this place is run.

I've learnt the hard way that if I should ever hear interesting newsworthy topics vis-a-vis FTSE100 firms on R4 on my daily commute again, to keep them to myself, and not consume myself in finding online citations to share on TLF. It would only represent a complete waste of my time, to have the essence of the reported item's impact subverted by those interested in propagating their own tangential narratives.

thanks Matt

JoyofBricks8
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBricks8 » October 9th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Thanks moderators, feel free to lock this particular tangential discussion thread. It didnt affect the price of Unilever today one way or the other, so thats something good at least.

Return to “Room 101”