Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Anonymous,MyNameIsUrl,6Tricia,staffordian, for Donating to support the site

Discussing moderation policy

Raise issues with Admin (Stooz, Clariman, Redsturgeon) e.g. alert to something important on the site or ask Admin about a moderation decision. You will be answered, but there is no response time guarantee.
JohnB
Lemon Quarter

Discussing moderation policy

Postby JohnB » September 20th, 2021, 10:13 am

There seems to be no good place to discuss moderation policy on this board. I can understand that arguing about moderation decisions in the main forums could be irritating, though the Rules do not preclude it, but surely Improving the Recipe must cover whether moderation policy is in the best interest of members, but gryffon tells me

Moderation decisions cannot be discussed on "improve the Fool". You can address the admins in Room 101, or email them.
Gryff

Do people think Room 101 is a suitable location, as emails won't get broad visibility.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Discussing moderation policy

Postby redsturgeon » September 20th, 2021, 10:20 am

Moderator Message:
There is no place for general discussion of moderation on TLF. Room 101 is just for specific issues. If you have something you wish to talk about then I'd suggest a PM to Clariman or stooz.

John

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » September 20th, 2021, 10:21 am

You are correct that there is no forum for broad discussion of Moderation. Room 101 is where you can raise a specific issue if you have had no satisfaction from a personal moderation query.

If you want to raise questions or concerns about moderation in general then the only route for that is a PM or email to an Admin I.e. Stooz, Clariman or Redsturgeon.

I suspect you wish to do the latter.

Reminder to all other posters. Room 101 is for a specific user to raise a specific question to admins and we'd only expect admins to reply. Other replies will be deleted.

Clariman

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » September 20th, 2021, 11:23 am

Clariman wrote:If you want to raise questions or concerns about moderation in general then the only route for that is a PM or email to an Admin I.e. Stooz, Clariman or Redsturgeon.

In other words, public discussion of moderation policy is not permitted.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » September 20th, 2021, 11:24 am

Alaric wrote:
Clariman wrote:If you want to raise questions or concerns about moderation in general then the only route for that is a PM or email to an Admin I.e. Stooz, Clariman or Redsturgeon.

In other words, public discussion of moderation policy is not permitted.

Correct. The primary reason for this is to protect our limited band of volunteer moderators. But I want to be clear that more general issues can be raised directly with the Admins who will discuss them.

Return to “Room 101”