Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit Card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,BusyBumbleBee,88V8,Anonymous,6Tricia, for Donating to support the site

Moderators fiddling

Raise issues with Admin (Stooz, Clariman, Redsturgeon) e.g. alert to something important on the site or ask Admin about a moderation decision. You will be answered, but there is no response time guarantee.
melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: Moderators fiddling

Postby melonfool » December 6th, 2018, 10:22 pm

If people feel they need to write long posts to be understood and to get across what they wish to say that is an entirely different matter - the issue here was only the embedded quotes which are not helpful.

It's quite rude to take the thread off onto your personal grievance, which you mention frequently - maybe start your own thread about it since you feel so strongly that you mention it at every passing opportunity.

Mel

Lootman
Lemon Half

Postby Lootman » December 6th, 2018, 10:53 pm

melonfool wrote:If people feel they need to write long posts to be understood and to get across what they wish to say that is an entirely different matter - the issue here was only the embedded quotes which are not helpful.

It's quite rude to take the thread off onto your personal grievance

Actually what is "quite rude" is negatively responding to someone without quoting them in the hope that they won't notice.

You were the one who raised the topic of long posts being a source of problems with your "War and Peace" analogy. And you were right before you were wrong - if people were succinct then there would be no problem with excessively long re-quotes.

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » December 6th, 2018, 11:43 pm

I made a somewhat negative reply to this post, suggesting that IFAs and other advisers deserved their poor reputation.

Despite thanks from an ex-moderator, the post seems to have been deleted.

viewtopic.php?p=185118#p185074

Moderator Message:
off-topic on this thread. Please start a separate thread if necessary (chas49)

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » December 7th, 2018, 10:46 am

Lootman wrote:
melonfool wrote:If people feel they need to write long posts to be understood and to get across what they wish to say that is an entirely different matter - the issue here was only the embedded quotes which are not helpful.

It's quite rude to take the thread off onto your personal grievance

Actually what is "quite rude" is negatively responding to someone without quoting them in the hope that they won't notice.

You were the one who raised the topic of long posts being a source of problems with your "War and Peace" analogy. And you were right before you were wrong - if people were succinct then there would be no problem with excessively long re-quotes.

There's really no need to assign motive to me that doesn't exist. I didn't do it so you wouldn't notice, it never crossed my mind (how could I even know what notifications you have activated?). I did it to avoid the irony of quoting in a thread about how annoying quoting is.

The War and Peace comment was tongue in cheek. I have no problem with long posts, that's your issue not mine. But the post in question was almost entirely quotes, the new material was about three lines. A different kettle of fish.

If people want to talk about long posts in general they should start a new thread somewhere else.

Mel

Moderator Message:
Yes - please take the general discussion of long posts etc to another thread, and not in Room 101 please. Room 101 is not for general discussion but is meant to be reserved for bringing issues to the attention of admins (chas49)

Return to “Room 101”