Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Dominos Pizza and the price of flour

Analysing companies' finances and value from their financial statements using ratios and formulae
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Re: Dominos Pizza and the price of flour

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » April 30th, 2022, 11:03 am

ADrunkenMarcus wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens as regards their German interests.

So do LON:DOM own these German interests, or does the Australian venture which Westmoreland mentioned?

thanks Matt

westmoreland9

Postby westmoreland9 » April 30th, 2022, 8:13 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
ADrunkenMarcus wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens as regards their German interests.

So do LON:DOM own these German interests, or does the Australian venture which Westmoreland mentioned?

thanks Matt

DOM is a 33% shareholder IIRC. there is a put / call option based on a fixed multiple of ebitda which i believe domino's australia can exercise for around £100m at the moment. i expect that would be paid back in a special dividend and / or buybacks.

DOM should be able to grow to about 1600 stores which is about 35% growth. they have a long term record of positive store level growth, and a combination of dividends and share buybacks should see to a solid investment performance over the medium term.

the days of explosive growth are behind it, but if you can get it on a 3% dividend yield, i think that's reasonable value given the predictability and stability of earnings growth.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » May 1st, 2022, 11:28 am

westmoreland9 wrote:
TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:

thanks Matt

DOM is a 33% shareholder IIRC. there is a put / call option based on a fixed multiple of ebitda which i believe domino's australia can exercise for around £100m at the moment. i expect that would be paid back in a special dividend and / or buybacks.

DOM should be able to grow to about 1600 stores which is about 35% growth. they have a long term record of positive store level growth, and a combination of dividends and share buybacks should see to a solid investment performance over the medium term.

the days of explosive growth are behind it, but if you can get it on a 3% dividend yield, i think that's reasonable value given the predictability and stability of earnings growth.

Yes. I'm in agreement here. Currently on about 2.81% DY according to google.

ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Quarter

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » May 1st, 2022, 11:56 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Yes. I'm in agreement here. Currently on about 2.81% DY according to google.

It's about 3 percent on a forward basis, using the estimated 10.4p a share dividend for 2022 and the 347p closing share price. The dividend growth from Domino's is such that, if the estimated 12.1p dividend for 2024 materialises, I will be getting a 10.5 percent nominal dividend yield on the shares I bought in 2010.

Best wishes

Mark.

westmoreland9

Postby westmoreland9 » May 15th, 2022, 9:17 pm

here's food for thought. domino's pizza enterprises (Australia listed), who own the master franchise to a number of markets, aus, japan, and many in europe, are down 45% YTD. on earnings measures, the shares are considerably more expensive than DPG, but they are far more capable operators with a track record of delivering excellent growth in all their markets. as i said before, they also turned the german operation around after DPG screwed it up.

they believe they can double store count in the next 8 years or so, and they tend to deliver on their ambitions. dividend yield is currently around 2.5% compared to around 3% with DPG.

Return to “Company Analysis”