Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

New Speculation: CMC Markets

Analysing companies' finances and value from their financial statements using ratios and formulae
Hornblower
Lemon Pip

New Speculation: CMC Markets

Postby Hornblower » July 31st, 2023, 1:10 pm

This one has been on my watchlist for a few months. It's a FTSE 250 company providing online & mobile trading services (Spreadbetting, CFDs). 50%+ of revenue is outside the UK.

CMCX
£1.34 per share
P/E: 9.4
Yield: 5.2%
Mkt Cap: just under £400 million
Divi cover: 2
Very low debt
Decent return on capital and margins.

Profitable company that soared during lock-downs but has come back down to earth (both profits & share price). Share price has crashed 40% in the past year. There's also been a few recent bumps, for example financial director just defected to a rival and there was a large increase in operational costs last year. Hopefully that will translate into higher profits in the years ahead. They are also continuing to add products to their offering, with SIPPS being available soon.

I purchased 1 unit today for my portfolio. Nice starting dividend which I hope to go strongly over time. Small enough to grow for years, or be acquired. With the UK gov slashing private investors capital gains allowance, but favourable tax treatment of 'gambling' I think this company has good tailwinds. It also adds diversification to my (small) portfolio.

Hornblower

Return to “Company Analysis”