Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

CLIG City of London Investment Group

Analysing companies' finances and value from their financial statements using ratios and formulae
yieldhog
Lemon Slice

CLIG City of London Investment Group

Postby yieldhog » September 8th, 2023, 3:33 pm

I first bought this over 10-years ago at a price of 274p and topped up later. It was the high dividend and apparently solid company that attracted my attention. Over subsequent years it rose to over 500p while paying very high dividends year after year. In 2021 I decided to take my profit because I was slimming down my SIPP portfolio and take a more hands off approach.

It's quite a small company (About £195m market cap. Annual yield is currently about 8.4% and the next dividend pays out 22p in October (x/d 28/9) which alone yields 5.6% at the current price. Last figure for dividend cover was 1.34%. Current mid market price is 390p.

I opened a small position in my SIPP because I felt it has a bit of potential to return to the highs around 600p reached in 2021.
Has anyone else on this board owned or still own CLIG and delved a little deeper into the company's financial well-being and prospects?

Y

rhys
Lemon Pip

Re: CLIG City of London Investment Group

Postby rhys » September 9th, 2023, 6:16 pm

I continue to hold in ISA. It's been a steady dividend payer. If it ever hits 350p I'll be buying more, assuming no bad news.

Hardman & Co release research notes on CLIG up to seven times per year.

https://hardmanandco.com/research/corpo ... margins-2/

88V8
Lemon Half

Re: CLIG City of London Investment Group

Postby 88V8 » September 9th, 2023, 8:15 pm

yieldhog wrote:Has anyone else on this board owned or still own CLIG and delved a little deeper into the company's financial well-being and prospects?

Held since 2014.
Recommended by Paulypilot... remember?
Never delved.

Returns to a degree flattered by the weak Pound.

2017 blog by Roger Lawson here with a little background.

George Karpus retired in July, significance of this is that he held/holds 31% of the shares following the merger of CLIG and Karpus.

May be changes ahead.

V8

Return to “Company Analysis”