Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Games Workshop (GAW)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
dealtn
Lemon Half

Re: Games Workshop (GAW)

Postby dealtn » November 8th, 2020, 6:53 pm

JamesMuenchen wrote: Expect a big pop on Monday.

Good company. But.

Rather naughtily this was released at 2-08pm (ie. whilst the market was open) on Friday afternoon. The shares promptly rallied (or popped) about 7%. I'm not sure you should expect much reaction on Monday.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/games-wor ... 08205608E/

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » November 8th, 2020, 7:19 pm

dealtn wrote:[Rather naughtily this was released at 2-08pm (ie. whilst the market was open) on Friday afternoon. The shares promptly rallied (or popped) about 7%. I'm not sure you should expect much reaction on Monday.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/games-workshop-group/rns/trading-statement/202011061408205608E/

Noted at the time this end via https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/GAW/trading-statement/14747364, where they make the release time obvious Released 14:08:20 06 November 2020.

Thanks to your link, I've learnt something new, which I would imagine was well known to many here. Using the URL wrap function above, I see the numbers at investegate do disclose the time of release, namely within 202011061408205608E. I hope I remember next time I look at an RNS at investegate!

JamesMuenchen
Lemon Slice

Postby JamesMuenchen » November 8th, 2020, 7:29 pm

dealtn wrote:
JamesMuenchen wrote: Expect a big pop on Monday.

Good company. But.

Rather naughtily this was released at 2-08pm (ie. whilst the market was open) on Friday afternoon. The shares promptly rallied (or popped) about 7%. I'm not sure you should expect much reaction on Monday.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/games-wor ... 08205608E/

Yes, it was late on a Friday. Hence, I don't think it was fully digested.

Last years EPS was 219. Consensus EPS forecast was 246. They're at about 200 for H1 already. I think that will result in more than a single-digit rise once it sinks in. (I've seen some holders on Twitter confused that it was the FY result, it's that high)

We'll see.

JamesMuenchen
Lemon Slice

Postby JamesMuenchen » November 9th, 2020, 3:51 pm

Well, I called that one wrong :)

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » November 9th, 2020, 4:05 pm

JamesMuenchen wrote:Well, I called that one wrong :)

I don't think so (apart from the move being on Friday afternoon).

You couldn't know that the vaccine news would be released today, and that past beneficiaries, that would expect to continue to benefit further, would give back some of their gains as artificial Covid demand potentially wanes.

It's still a good company.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 31st, 2021, 12:55 pm

https://www.investegate.co.uk/games-wor ... 00055266G/

This is was unsurprisingly good. Meet with all my forecasts. Who here is still buying? I topsliced at the beginning of the year @12000p. Then added a little later @10200p.

I'm seriously considering adding more at possibly just below 11000p. But alas they are my biggest holding, so I'm already a tad overweight.

Matt

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » July 31st, 2021, 5:02 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:https://www.investegate.co.uk/games-workshop-group--gaw-/rns/annual-financial-report/202107270700055266G/

This is was unsurprisingly good. Meet with all my forecasts. Who here is still buying? I topsliced at the beginning of the year @12000p. Then added a little later @10200p.

I'm seriously considering adding more at possibly just below 11000p. But alas they are my biggest holding, so I'm already a tad overweight.

Matt

I did well last year with GAW in and out with a very satisfying surplus so thinking of trying to do something similar again.

As far as being overweight is concerned there are dogs that I am overweight on so wouldn't be to concerned about this share.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » August 1st, 2021, 5:51 am

Stan wrote:
TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:https://www.investegate.co.uk/games-workshop-group--gaw-/rns/annual-financial-report/202107270700055266G/

Matt

I did well last year with GAW in and out with a very satisfying surplus so thinking of trying to do something similar again.

As far as being overweight is concerned there are dogs that I am overweight on so wouldn't be to concerned about this share.

Thanks, I know what you mean.

I need to spend some time reading AR2021 and seeing if I believe that they'll continue their 30-40% pa growth. Then as we all know they'll be definitely good value around the 110-115 range.

Matt

Pendrainllwyn
Lemon Slice

Postby Pendrainllwyn » August 4th, 2021, 12:37 am

I finally purchased Games Workshop this week. It had been on my watchlist for some time. It offers a quirky product that I don't have any interest in but the company ticks my boxes; for example a high ROE, earnings growth and growing book value per share, high gross and operating profit margins, a conservative balance sheet and a global company with 77% of revenues coming from overseas. A modest dividend yield is welcome too. The financial reports are a good read. They are very clear about who they are are and what their priorities are. For example, from their recent annual report

"We believe shareholder value is created, primarily, by not destroying it. We have no intention to acquire other companies, nor to dispose of any of those we own. We return our surplus cash to our owners and try to do so in ever increasing amounts. A 'working cash buffer' of three months' worth of working capital requirement has been set aside along with six months' worth of future capital spend and tax payments before deciding how much cash is truly surplus for the purpose of declaring dividends."

Seems like a shareholder friendly company to me. It's also operating in a very different arena than my other holdings. Baillie Gifford are holders so I am in good company for now. No idea what the share price will do in the short-term but I am a long term investor and are happy to tuck these away.

Pendrainllwyn

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » October 29th, 2021, 1:18 pm

SP dropped 7% today .

DAK why that may be ?

:?:

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » October 29th, 2021, 1:49 pm

jackdaww wrote:.

SP dropped 7% today .

DAK why that may be ?

https://www.sharecast.com/news/broker-r ... 29864.html
Concerns over
1 Exchange rate
2. Transportation costs
3. A mention of some discontent with the Warhammer fan base.

Personally, I put it down to " gravity" ...it has been going up in price so much that sooner or later there comes a correction ...which may or may not be permanent.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » October 29th, 2021, 3:50 pm

monabri wrote:
jackdaww wrote:.

SP dropped 7% today .

DAK why that may be ?

https://www.sharecast.com/news/broker-r ... 29864.html
Concerns over
1 Exchange rate
2. Transportation costs
3. A mention of some discontent with the Warhammer fan base.

Personally, I put it down to " gravity" ...it has been going up in price so much that sooner or later there comes a correction ...which may or may not be permanent.

=============================

thanks

i usually buy around this price .

:)

richreduk

Postby richreduk » January 27th, 2022, 2:17 pm

https://www.panini.co.uk/shp_gbr_en/blog/panini-and-games-workshop-announce-new-partnership

"Panini UK Ltd today announced a new partnership with Games Workshop to create a range of Warhammer collectables, with 2022 launches for both stickers and trading cards. It’s time to fight for the future of humanity across a vicious, war-torn galaxy! Prepare for battle with Panini’s first new launch, Warhammer 40,000: Warriors of the Emperor Sticker Collection.

A mighty collection of 204 stickers and 50 Hero Cards, with a buildable box and a double-sided pull-out Space Marines Armoury poster which allows collectors to delve deeper into the 41st Millennium where, driven by war and assaulted by the foul forces of Chaos... Xenos, Daemon and Traitors emerge from the darkness to prey upon the Imperium. The armies of the Emperor rise up to grind these vile enemies to dust with their armoured boots. Inside the sticker album, collectors can honour the Ultramarines, the Dark Angels, the Space Wolves, the Blood Angels and the Sisters of Battle – the supreme and devoted warriors who live each day in endless warfare. All who know Warhammer know… in the grim darkness of the future, there is only war… and this is the sticker collection to bring that war to life!"

Price continues to slide for no readily apparent reason I can see - divi's are on track to beat last year, higher interest rates shouldn't be a threat with virtually no borrowing, royalties going up each time they are reported - if I wasn't so overweight here, I'd be adding some more myself.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » January 28th, 2022, 2:48 pm

topped up again today at 7750.

:idea:

richreduk

Postby richreduk » December 16th, 2022, 7:23 am

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... v/15760989

"Games Workshop Group PLC

("Games Workshop" or the "Company")

Agreement in principle to develop film and television productions

Games Workshop is pleased to announce that it has reached an agreement in principle with Amazon Content Services LLC, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., ("Amazon") for Amazon to develop Games Workshop's intellectual property into film and television productions and for Games Workshop to grant Amazon associated merchandising rights.

In advance of contracts being entered into, Amazon will be commencing certain development activities (such as holding preliminary discussions with writers) in order to facilitate the project. It is intended that rights will initially be granted to develop the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Whilst the parties have reached agreement on material commercial terms, the project is wholly dependent on and subject to contracts being agreed and entered into, which the parties are working towards.

The Company makes no change to its forecast for the period ended May 2023.

A further announcement will be made in due course."

Many a slip twixt cup and lip and all that, but this could be one of the most exciting developments for the company/ brand. Potentially huge exposure, let alone royalties and licencing fees.

Pendrainllwyn
Lemon Slice

Postby Pendrainllwyn » December 16th, 2022, 11:47 am

Most welcome news. GAW have had their challenges of late but it's a good business. Shares still look good value to me despite the bounce today. Will keep holding.

Pendrainllwyn

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Postby SalvorHardin » July 27th, 2023, 8:50 am

Ian Livingstone was on BBC Radio 5's "Wake Up to Money" this morning (just before 6am) talking about Games Workshop, Warhammer and gaming in general. He was quite bullish about the future.

Link below, interview starts at 48 minutes 35 seconds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001p119

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » July 27th, 2023, 9:38 am

SalvorHardin wrote:Ian Livingstone was on BBC Radio 5's "Wake Up to Money" this morning (just before 6am) talking about Games Workshop, Warhammer and gaming in general. He was quite bullish about the future.

I was somewhat surprised to see Dividendmax puts GAW on around a 4.4% yield. Looking back a few months at the share price, it seems the ship has sailed. Well done to anyone who bought a while ago at well below the current share price.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » July 27th, 2023, 9:54 am

BullDog wrote:
SalvorHardin wrote:Ian Livingstone was on BBC Radio 5's "Wake Up to Money" this morning (just before 6am) talking about Games Workshop, Warhammer and gaming in general. He was quite bullish about the future.

I was somewhat surprised to see Dividendmax puts GAW on around a 4.4% yield. Looking back a few months at the share price, it seems the ship has sailed. Well done to anyone who bought a while ago at well below the current share price.

One of my largest holdings through multi bagging. Fantastic company with unbelievable margins and great “tell it like it is” management who treat the staff really well. A long term core holding for me. Forward yield is around 3.7% although company has a history of returning excess cash as specials.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » July 27th, 2023, 10:23 am

FWIW my younger son works in the games industry and I mentioned GAW to him about 6 months ago. He was impressed and positive about their business model, particularly the 'collectables' side of the business. That's just one perspective of course.

RC

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”