Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK)

Postby idpickering » July 19th, 2022, 7:05 am

Completion of GSK Share Consolidation.

GSK plc (LSE/NYSE: GSK) is pleased to announce that further to the Circular and Notice of General Meeting published by GSK on 1 June 2022, and following the announcements of 6 July 2022 that shareholder approval was granted at the GSK General Meeting and of 18 July 2022 that GSK has completed the demerger of the Consumer Healthcare business from the GSK Group to form Haleon, the consolidation of GSK shares (the "GSK Share Consolidation") will become effective at 8.00 a.m. tomorrow (Tuesday 19 July 2022).

Admission of GSK's new ordinary shares to the premium listing segment of the Official List of the Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA") and to trading on the London Stock Exchange's Main Market for listed securities will take place at 8.00 a.m. tomorrow.

Further information on key dates in relation to the GSK Share Consolidation is set out at the end of this announcement ("Expected Timetable of Principal Events") and can also be found in the Circular to Shareholders published on 1 June 2022. The Circular is available on GSK's website at http://www.gsk.com/demerger .

As at the record time of 8.00 p.m. (UK) on Monday 18 July 2022, the GSK Share Consolidation applied a ratio of:

4 new ordinary shares for every 5 existing ordinary shares.

Fractional entitlements

Unless a holding of existing ordinary shares at the record time was exactly divisible by the denominator in the consolidation ratio, a shareholder will have a fractional entitlement to a new ordinary share. Fractional entitlements that have arisen from the GSK Share Consolidation will be aggregated and the resulting new ordinary shares will be sold in the open market, as soon as practicable, at the best price reasonably obtainable, and the net proceeds will be paid to each relevant shareholder according to his or her entitlement.

Total number of voting rights

Following the Issuance and the GSK Share Consolidation, and in accordance with the requirements of the FCA's Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rule 5.6.1A, GSK hereby notifies the market that GSK's issued share capital as at 8.00 am on Tuesday 19 July 2022 will consist of 4,311,276,836 ordinary shares of 31¼ pence each (including 243,924,760 ordinary shares held in treasury). Therefore, the total number of voting rights in GSK as at 19 July 2022 is 4,067,352,076.

The above figure may be used by shareholders and others with notification obligations as their denominator for the calculations by which they will determine if they are required to notify their interest in, or a change to their interest in, the GSK Group under the FCA's Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules. Notifications may be sent to company.secretary@gsk.com .

Dividends

GSK has previously stated that it expected to declare a 27p per share dividend for the first half of 2022, a 22p per share dividend for the second half of 2022 and a 45p per share dividend for 2023, but that these targeted dividends per share would increase in step with the GSK Share Consolidation to maintain the same aggregate dividend pay-out in absolute Pound Sterling terms. Accordingly, using the consolidation ratio, GSK's expected dividend for the second quarter of 2022 converts to 16.25p per new ordinary share (taking into account the dividend of 14p per share paid for the first quarter of 2022), the expected dividend for the second half of 2022 converts to 27.5p per new ordinary share and the expected dividend for 2023 converts to 56.25p per new ordinary share. GSK expects to publish its results for the second quarter of 2022 on Wednesday 27 July 2022 which will confirm the dividend to be declared for that quarter.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/gsk-plc-- ... 00048878S/

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 27th, 2022, 7:13 am

Second quarter 2022

Highlights
Strong commercial execution across Specialty Medicines, Vaccines and General Medicines drives doubledigit sales growth
• Total sales: £6.9 billion +19% AER, +13% CER, excluding COVID-19 solutions +16% AER, +10% CER
- Specialty Medicines £2.7 billion +44% AER, +35% CER; HIV +14% AER, +7% CER; Oncology +29% AER,
+23% CER; Immuno-inflammation and other specialty +32% AER +24% CER; COVID-19 solutions (Xevudy)
sales £0.5 billion
- Vaccines £1.7 billion +9% AER, +3% CER; Shingrix £731 million >100% AER, >100% CER
- General Medicines £2.5 billion +5% AER, +2% CER
Continued cost discipline supports delivery of improved adjusted operating margin
• Total continuing operating margin 16%. Total EPS 20.8p -40% AER, -53% CER; Total continuing EPS 17.5p
-42% AER, -58% CER; primarily reflecting increased contingent consideration charges driven by exchange rates
and adverse comparison due to a credit for the revaluation of deferred tax in Q2 2021
• Adjusted operating margin 29%. Adjusted operating profit growth +22% AER, +7% CER. The impact on growth
from lower margin COVID-19 solutions was approximately -16% AER, -14% CER
• Adjusted EPS 34.7p +23% AER, +6% CER. The impact on growth from lower margin COVID-19 solutions was
approximately -20% AER, -18% CER
• Q2 2022 continuing cash generated from operations £1.6 billion. Free cash flow £0.3 billion
Strengthening late-stage R&D pipeline with positive data read-outs and strategic business development
• US FDA approval for Priorix (MMR vaccine); Vocabria plus rilpivirine approval in Japan for HIV; Cervarix approval
in China for cancer-causing human papillomavirus
• Positive phase III high-level results for respiratory syncytial virus vaccine candidate in older adults. Full results to
be presented at an upcoming scientific meeting with regulatory submissions anticipated in H2 2022
• Proposed acquisition of Affinivax provides access to next-generation phase II 24-valent pneumococcal vaccine
candidate and innovative MAPSTM technology
• Promising phase IIb interim data presented for bepirovirsen, a potential new treatment for chronic hepatitis B.
Phase III monotherapy trial is anticipated to start in H1 2023
• Completed acquisition of Sierra Oncology on 1 July 2022. Data from momelotinib’s MOMENTUM phase III trial
presented at 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting; results showed a statistically significant and clinically meaningful
benefit on symptoms, splenic response, and anaemia. NDA submitted to the US FDA
• Phase III data readouts expected in H2 2022: pentavalent (MenABCWY) meningitis vaccine candidate, otilimab
in rheumatoid arthritis, Jemperli in 1L endometrial cancer, and Blenrep in 3L multiple myeloma
Improving revenues and margin support confidence in full-year outlooks
• Expect 2022 sales growth of between 6% to 8% (previously 5% to 7%) and Adjusted operating profit growth of
between 13% to 15% (previously 12% to 14%); both at CER. Adjusted EPS expected to grow by around 1%
lower than operating profit. 2022 guidance excludes any contribution from COVID-19 solutions
• Dividend of 16.25p/share (13p before Share Consolidation) declared for Q2 2022. No change to expected
dividend of 61.25p/share (49p before Share Consolidation) for FY 2022

And later;

Returns to shareholders
Quarterly dividends
The Board has declared a second dividend for 2022 of 16.25p per share (Q2 2021: 23.75p per share)
retrospectively adjusted for the Share Consolidation.
On 23 June 2021, at the new GSK Investor Update, GSK set out that from 2022 a progressive dividend policy
will be implemented guided by a 40 to 60 percent pay-out ratio through the investment cycle. The dividend
policy, the total expected cash distribution, and the respective dividend pay-out ratios for GSK remain
unchanged.
GSK has previously stated that it expected to declare a 27p per share dividend for the first half of 2022, a
22p per share dividend for the second half of 2022 and a 45p per share dividend for 2023, but that these
targeted dividends per share would increase in step with the Share Consolidation to maintain the same
aggregate dividend pay-out in absolute Pound Sterling terms. Accordingly, using the consolidation ratio,
GSK’s expected dividend for the second quarter of 2022 converts to 16.25p per new ordinary share. The
expected dividend for the second half of 2022 converts to 27.5p per new ordinary share and the expected
dividend for 2023 converts to 56.5p per new ordinary share, rounded-up from 56.25p.
Payment of dividends
The equivalent interim dividend receivable by ADR holders will be calculated based on the exchange rate on
4 October 2022. An annual fee of $0.03 per ADS (or $0.0075 per ADS per quarter) is charged by the
Depositary. The ex-dividend date will be 18 August 2022, with a record date of 19 August 2022 and a payment

https://www.gsk.com/media/9386/q2-2022- ... cement.pdf

Ian.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 27th, 2022, 8:18 am

A general thanks for all these results this morning Ian, not just for GSK but for all of them.

Dod

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 27th, 2022, 8:41 am

Ex dividend 18-Aug-22
Paid 06-Oct-22
Dividend 16.25p

(The pay date text had dropped off the end of the update above so I've mentioned it here).

I thought the results quite positive and I would have thought the market would have responded a bit more enthusiastically!

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 27th, 2022, 9:29 am

monabri wrote:Ex dividend 18-Aug-22
Paid 06-Oct-22
Dividend 16.25p

(The pay date text had dropped off the end of the update above so I've mentioned it here).

I thought the results quite positive and I would have thought the market would have responded a bit more enthusiastically!

I think we need to give the new entity six months or a year on its own and then see how things are going. So many adjustments in these numbers that I found it difficult to make too much of them.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 27th, 2022, 12:37 pm

Dod101 wrote:A general thanks for all these results this morning Ian, not just for GSK but for all of them.

Dod

Thank you Dod. You, and the rest of our gang are most welcome. It took me an hour though lol. I shall settle down and have a read of them,

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 27th, 2022, 12:39 pm

Paid 06-Oct-22
Dividend 16.25p

Thanks for your input. Tbh I was losing the will to live with there being so many reports this morning, and might’ve just zapped through them because of that. :D

Ian.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 27th, 2022, 1:23 pm

idpickering wrote:
Paid 06-Oct-22
Dividend 16.25p

Thanks for your input. Tbh I was losing the will to live with there being so many reports this morning, and might’ve just zapped through them because of that. :D

Ian.

A pleasure! Thanks for the updates.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » July 28th, 2022, 11:47 am

Those of us who hold the shares in certificated form dating from way back in my case, have not received any communication confirming the demerger and effective date nor any new certificates to enable trading. It seems we won't get them till early August.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 28th, 2022, 11:52 am

Bouleversee wrote:Those of us who hold the shares in certificated form dating from way back in my case, have not received any communication confirming the demerger and effective date nor any new certificates to enable trading. It seems we won't get them till early August.

Early August is next week.

Dod

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » July 28th, 2022, 12:32 pm

Dod101 wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:Those of us who hold the shares in certificated form dating from way back in my case, have not received any communication confirming the demerger and effective date nor any new certificates to enable trading. It seems we won't get them till early August.

Early August is next week.

Dod

Yes, even I am aware of that, Dod, though time passes remarkably quickly. It just seems odd to me that trading in the new shares started on July 20 before some of us had received them and we still don't know how early in August that will be. I want to transfer mine to my ISA via dealing acct. which will delay things further though not a big deal in either meaning.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » August 3rd, 2022, 4:21 pm

I've now received my GSK share certificate but the Haleon one is to follow. There was also a transfer form to enable transfer to their nominee account which contained the world "Mandatory" which gave the impression one could only transfer to them which, of course, can't be the case. I shall either hang on to the certificate or more likely transfer to my online broker and hence into my ISA if I can ever work out the cgt situation. Is that covered anywhere on TLF?

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » August 3rd, 2022, 4:53 pm

Bouleversee wrote: if I can ever work out the cgt situation. Is that covered anywhere on TLF?

The links to the "official" apportionment of the base cost before the demerger are in one or more of the threads discussing GSK.

But here's the link
https://www.gsk.com/media/9366/demerger ... -group.pdf

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » August 3rd, 2022, 5:04 pm

Bless you, Alaric! That will be a great help.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » August 11th, 2022, 4:05 pm

GSK, Haleon, Sanofi slump amid Zantac litigation woes.

Shares in GlaxoSmithKline, Haleon and Sanofi tumbled on Thursday amid concerns about legal proceedings related to Glaxo's former blockbuster heartburn drug Zantac.

The US Food and Drug Administration ordered GSK to take Zantac off the market in 2019 amid worries about the levels of contaminant N-nitrosodimethylamine found in the drug, which has been linked to an increased risk of cancer.

Litigation is due to begin later this month over the detection of the probable carcinogen found in Zantac. GSK is facing several lawsuits in the US, Canada and Israel related to the substance found in Ranitidine, which is marketed as Zantac.

https://www.lse.co.uk/news/gsk-haleon-s ... 5yd5d.html

And from The Times;

GSK and Haleon hit by investor fears over Zantac lawsuits

Investor concerns about a potential billion-dollar liability from legal proceedings related to a former GSK blockbuster drug has caused a sell-off in its shares and those of Haleon, its newly demerged consumer healthcare business.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gsk- ... -6hrd530ln

I'm guessing that's why GSK is down 8.7% as I type?

Ian.
Last edited by idpickering on August 11th, 2022, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » August 11th, 2022, 4:14 pm

idpickering wrote:GSK, Haleon, Sanofi slump amid Zantac litigation woes.

Shares in GlaxoSmithKline, Haleon and Sanofi tumbled on Thursday amid concerns about legal proceedings related to Glaxo's former blockbuster heartburn drug Zantac.

The US Food and Drug Administration ordered GSK to take Zantac off the market in 2019 amid worries about the levels of contaminant N-nitrosodimethylamine found in the drug, which has been linked to an increased risk of cancer.

Litigation is due to begin later this month over the detection of the probable carcinogen found in Zantac. GSK is facing several lawsuits in the US, Canada and Israel related to the substance found in Ranitidine, which is marketed as Zantac.

Ian.

There's some discussion here - link below. Initially HLN was marked down quite heavily earlier on..hence the discussion started on that thread.

viewtopic.php?p=521547#p521547

Simoan posted a link which is well worth a read..

https://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/ne ... -link-hold

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » August 11th, 2022, 4:30 pm

monabri wrote:

Ian.

There's some discussion here - link below. Initially HLN was marked down quite heavily earlier on..hence the discussion started on that thread.

Thanks for that. I was aware of this and just wanted to bring this matter to our GSK investors hereabouts.

Ian.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » August 11th, 2022, 5:56 pm

monabri wrote:

Ian.

Strange price reaction to this news. Looks like the fickle finger of fate is pointing at GSK which closed down 10%. Sanofi, Pfizer and Haleon down between 3-5%. Not that anyone knows any more than we do at this stage!

Newroad
Lemon Quarter

Postby Newroad » August 11th, 2022, 6:40 pm

Hmm.

GSK is currently next on my buy list. Trying to figure the entry point will be interesting (read: "problematic").

Any thoughts on timing appreciated - noting there is risk both doing something and nothing?

Regards, Newroad

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » August 12th, 2022, 7:07 am

Statement: Zantac (ranitidine) litigation.

· FDA and EMA have concluded there is no evidence of a causal association between ranitidine therapy and the development of cancer.

· Substantial scientific evidence supports FDA/EMA conclusion.

· Plaintiff litigation inconsistent with the scientific consensus, GSK will vigorously defend all claims.

In response to recent speculative commentary regarding U.S. Zantac litigation , GSK plc (LSE/NYSE: GSK) today issued the following statement regarding Zantac (ranitidine) and N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA).

There have been no material developments to what has been previously disclosed.

GSK, independent cancer researchers, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, and the European Medicines Agency, have all undertaken extensive reviews of available data and conducted numerous investigations into this issue since 2019.

Based on these investigations and experiments, GSK, the FDA, and the EMA have all independently concluded that there is no evidence of a causal association between ranitidine therapy and the development of cancer in patients.

· In November 2019, the FDA determined that levels of NDMA in ranitidine products are similar to levels in common foods like grilled and smoked meats, and that it would conduct tests to fully understand if ranitidine forms NDMA in the human body.

· In September 2020, the EMA's comprehensive review of epidemiological and post marketing data concluded there is "no evidence of a causal association between ranitidine therapy and the development of cancer in patients."

· In June 2021, the FDA reported that its testing did not support that ranitidine is converted to NDMA in a general, healthy population, and after reviewing the epidemiological studies found that "…no consistent signals emerged across studies, and studies with comparison to active controls found no association between ranitidine and overall or specific cancer risk."

These conclusions pertain to all forms of cancer, including but not limited to bladder, breast, colorectal, esophageal, kidney, liver, lung, pancreatic, prostate, and stomach. Even epidemiologic experts hired by the Multi-District Litigation (MDL) Plaintiffs' Steering Committee concluded in their expert reports that the "evidence was not sufficient to support an opinion that use of ranitidine can cause breast, prostate, kidney, lung, or colorectal cancer."

Full item here;

https://www.investegate.co.uk/gsk-plc-- ... 00047855V/

Ian.

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”