Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

United Utilities Group (UU.)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
daveh
Lemon Quarter

United Utilities Group (UU.)

Postby daveh » March 26th, 2019, 8:14 am

Has released a trading statement:
http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.as ... 9392T&fe=1

Group revenue is expected to be higher than last year, largely reflecting our allowed regulatory revenue changes.
Underlying operating profit for 2018/19 is expected to be higher than 2017/18. Underlying infrastructure renewals expenditure (IRE) in the second half of the year is expected to be broadly consistent with the first half of the year.

Reported operating profit will be impacted by costs relating to the exceptional period of dry weather in the summer of 2018, guaranteed minimum pension (GMP) equalisation and restructuring within the business. To provide a more representative view of business performance, operating costs associated with these items will be excluded from the underlying profit measures. These adjusted items are expected to total £52 million for the full year, of which £29 million was recognised in the first half.

The RPI inflation that is applied to the group's index-linked debt is lower than last year and we therefore expect the underlying net finance expense for 2018/19 to be around £45 million lower than 2017/18.

That's quite a big drop in finance expenses due to a fall in RPI - of course it could go the otherway if inflation rises and is clearly indicative of the amount of debt held by the company.

Walrus
Lemon Slice

Re: United Utilities GRP (UU.)

Postby Walrus » March 26th, 2019, 8:30 am

daveh wrote:Has released a trading statement:
http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.as ... 9392T&fe=1

Group revenue is expected to be higher than last year, largely reflecting our allowed regulatory revenue changes.
Underlying operating profit for 2018/19 is expected to be higher than 2017/18. Underlying infrastructure renewals expenditure (IRE) in the second half of the year is expected to be broadly consistent with the first half of the year.

Reported operating profit will be impacted by costs relating to the exceptional period of dry weather in the summer of 2018, guaranteed minimum pension (GMP) equalisation and restructuring within the business. To provide a more representative view of business performance, operating costs associated with these items will be excluded from the underlying profit measures. These adjusted items are expected to total £52 million for the full year, of which £29 million was recognised in the first half.

The RPI inflation that is applied to the group's index-linked debt is lower than last year and we therefore expect the underlying net finance expense for 2018/19 to be around £45 million lower than 2017/18.

That's quite a big drop in finance expenses due to a fall in RPI - of course it could go the otherway if inflation rises and is clearly indicative of the amount of debt held by the company.

I actually sold out of this last week. Like the company but has been bid up levels I think look expensive esp with the risks of the next regulatory period. I think a 4.2 percent yield isn't really covering the risks I'm running so cut it out. Redeployed into an infrastructure tracker.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 26th, 2019, 10:20 am

I hold these in my HYP, and shall continue doing so. Steady as she goes is fine by me.

Ian.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » March 26th, 2019, 12:55 pm

idpickering wrote:I hold these in my HYP, and shall continue doing so. Steady as she goes is fine by me.

Ian.

Same here, no plans to sell, but not one I plan to top up though. More from worries about theft or appropriation by a labour government than regulatory worries. It seems to be one of the better run water companies, but, like most utilities is heavily indebted and there are regulatory worries.
has performed reasonably well for me, showing gains of 148% over my ownership, but most of that is from the dividends thrown off, the share price is only up 35%. I first bought in 2000 and it is one of my shares that has produced more in dividends than I paid for the holding.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 26th, 2019, 1:00 pm

daveh wrote:
idpickering wrote:I hold these in my HYP, and shall continue doing so. Steady as she goes is fine by me.

Ian.

Same here, no plans to sell, but not one I plan to top up though. More from worries about theft or appropriation by a labour government than regulatory worries. It seems to be one of the better run water companies, but, like most utilities is heavily indebted and there are regulatory worries.
has performed reasonably well for me, showing gains of 148% over my ownership, but most of that is from the dividends thrown off, the share price is only up 35%. I first bought in 2000 and it is one of my shares that has produced more in dividends than I paid for the holding.

Quite a successful purchase for you then daveh. My returns are less than yours, but then I've not held them as long as you. Like you, I have no plans of buying more, due pretty much to the matters you mentioned.

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: United Utilities Group (UU.)

Postby idpickering » May 23rd, 2019, 7:14 am

Mentallurgist

Postby Mentallurgist » July 26th, 2019, 3:18 pm

'Cumbria’s water provider United Utilities has secured a new accreditation for paying the right amount of corporation tax.

The company has received the Fair Tax Mark – an independent certification scheme which recognises organisations that demonstrate they are paying the right amount of corporation tax in the right place, at the right time.

United Utilities made improvements to their tax notes in their financial statements – which were supplemented with a detailed tax report setting out plainly what tax they pay and why in both the UK and overseas – to secure the mark'

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/17797756 ... editation/

I hold United Utilities (UU) and Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE), who are also mentioned in the article.

They could probably get away with paying less corporation tax - but this is the responsible behaviour I like to see.

A.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » September 25th, 2019, 7:05 am

UNITED UTILITIES TRADING UPDATE

United Utilities announces the following trading update ahead of its interim results on 20 November 2019.

Current trading is in line with the group's expectations for the six months ending 30 September 2019.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 00025280N/

Chat here please.

Ian.

blobby
2 Lemon pips

Postby blobby » September 25th, 2019, 10:18 am

Hmm, looks OK on the face of it but it seems unusually full of management speak.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 20th, 2019, 7:16 am

Interims here; https://www.unitedutilities.com/globala ... -clean.pdf

Also posted on HYP Practical for HYPer chat.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 13th, 2020, 4:42 pm

United Utilities key corporate dates;

https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 00156344Z/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 29th, 2020, 7:03 am

United Utilities accepting FD and Dividend Policy

https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 00032186B/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 25th, 2020, 4:52 pm

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 25th, 2020, 7:07 am

UNITED UTILITIES TRADING UPDATE

United Utilities announces the following trading update ahead of its full year results on 22 May 2020.

Current trading is in line with the group's expectations for the year ending 31 March 2020.

A high performing company

We end AMP6 as a high performing company having delivered sustainable improvements in service, resilience and efficiency for customers over the last 10 years. Customers are always at the heart of everything we do and our innovative systems thinking approach has been fundamental to the transformation of our operational performance. We expect to deliver further improvements in AMP7 and beyond.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 00054549H/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 22nd, 2020, 7:17 am

Finals here; https://www.unitedutilities.com/globala ... 5-2020.pdf

Also posted on HYP Practical Board.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » September 24th, 2020, 7:08 am

Trading Statement

United Utilities announces the following trading update ahead of its half year results on 25 November 2020.

Current trading is in line with the group's expectations for the six months ending 30 September 2020.

COVID-19

Our focus throughout the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be on supporting customers in the provision of essential services whilst protecting our colleagues. Throughout the pandemic, we have continued to supply drinking water, take away wastewater and carry out essential repairs for over 3 million households in the North West. We have also acted swiftly to support customers who are struggling to pay their bills through our extensive financial assistance schemes. Increasing numbers of vulnerable customers are being supported through our Priority Services scheme.

Operational performance

Operational performance in the first half of the year is on track against our AMP7 plan, notwithstanding the pandemic, and we continue to target net outcome delivery incentive (ODI) outperformance for the full year 2020/21.

We have been able to accelerate our capital expenditure profile for AMP7 (compared with the assumed profile in the final determination) to deliver benefits earlier than would otherwise be the case, as was successfully achieved in AMP6.

Strong environment, social and governance (ESG) credentials

Earlier in September, we were pleased to be recognised for our approach to sustainability: we are one of only eight UK listed companies to be included in the Global Challenges Index (GCX) that recognises the top 50 companies worldwide for their approach to sustainability; and we achieved 11th position in EcoAct's FTSE100 leaderboard for how we report our sustainability performance. Also in the month, we launched an investor guide1 to our long-standing commitment to ESG, detailing key achievements to date and our ambitions for the future.

Financials

Cash collection from our household customer base has been consistent with the targets that we set before the COVID-19 pandemic. Although we anticipate bad debt may increase as government support schemes come to an end, we secured early agreement during the pandemic to extend our social tariff and this, combined with our extensive range of financial assistance schemes, underpins our confidence in the adequacy of the provision we made at the March 2020 year end.

Group revenue is expected to be lower than the first half of last year, largely reflecting our allowed regulatory revenue changes and lower consumption from businesses as a result of COVID-19, partly offset by higher consumption from households. Overall, the net reduction in revenue in the first half of the year is expected to be around 5 per cent.

Underlying operating profit for the first half of 2020/21 is expected to be lower than the first half of 2019/20 largely reflecting the lower revenue and an anticipated moderate increase in infrastructure renewals expenditure (IRE).

https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 00029314Z/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 25th, 2020, 7:22 am

HALF YEAR RESULTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2020

Here; https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 00073735G/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 6th, 2021, 4:34 pm

United Utilities key corporate dates

https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 02388203K/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 3rd, 2021, 10:41 am

Sale of stake in Tallinn Water (AS Tallinna Vesi)

United Utilities today announces that it has agreed to sell its last remaining non-regulated international business activity. The company's 35.3 per cent stake in Tallinn Water (AS Tallinna Vesi) is being sold to a consortium led by its existing partner, the City of Tallinn, for a cash consideration of EUR 100.26 million. United Utilities became the Estonian company's major shareholder when it was privatised in 2001 and a key partner in delivering an investment programme to upgrade the city's fresh water supplies, sewage pumping stations and sludge treatment facilities.

Simon Gardiner, Company Secretary, and the representative of United Utilities and the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of AS Tallinna Vesi, said "United Utilities is grateful for the City of Tallinn's trust and opportunity to be a partner in delivering essential water services for more than 20 years. We have always tried to repay this trust by working hard to improve every aspect of this service for our customers in Tallinn and we believe that the company has truly succeeded at this. While United Utilities has played its part, this would not have been possible without the skill and efforts of the dedicated employees of the company. My special thanks go to them and, in particular, to the management board whose guidance and leadership have been exceptional".

Completion of the transaction is expected by April 2021, subject to the approval of the governing body of the City of Tallinn and merger control consent from the Competition Authority in Estonia. Proceeds of the sale will support United Utilities in taking further steps to improve services for customers and communities in the north west of England, helping to drive a green recovery for the region.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 16288501N/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 25th, 2021, 7:26 am

United Utilities Trading Update

United Utilities announces the following trading update ahead of its full year results on 27 May 2021.

Current trading is in line with the group's expectations for the year ending 31 March 2021.

Performing strongly

We have continued to perform strongly during the Covid-19 pandemic and to deliver excellent operational performance. We are on track to record our lowest ever level of leakage and the interruptions to water supply our customers experience has more than halved in the last 12 months. Our performance in relation to serious pollution incidents is the best in the sector with zero incidents for two consecutive years and we are on track to achieve the industry leading four star rating with the Environment Agency in its annual assessment for 2020.

As a result of our excellent performance for customers and the environment, we expect to achieve a reward of up to £20 million against our customer outcome delivery incentives (ODIs) for this year.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/united-ut ... 00054096T/

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”