Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Primary Health Properties (PHP)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
shetland
Lemon Pip

Re: Primary Health Properties (PHP)

Postby shetland » June 26th, 2020, 10:27 pm

I recently sold PHP, very reluctantly. It had been one of my best performers but the premium had reached 45% and couldn’t see the price rising much in the future. It is an excellent sector of the market but the requirement to distribute 90% of profits as dividends means that it can only grow by issuing more share.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » June 27th, 2020, 1:07 am

shetland wrote:I recently sold PHP, very reluctantly. It had been one of my best performers but the premium had reached 45% and couldn’t see the price rising much in the future. It is an excellent sector of the market but the requirement to distribute 90% of profits as dividends means that it can only grow by issuing more share.

I like the income. I mentioned the need to keep raising capital in my earlier post and that is of course a negative. So what are you buying. I see you are intending to sell SSE as well.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 2nd, 2020, 7:15 am

Acquisition

Primary Health Properties PLC ("PHP" or the "Group"), one of the UK's leading investors in modern primary healthcare facilities, announces that, further to its announcement on 11 May 2020 of the acquisition of a portfolio of medical centres, it has today completed on the acquisition of the last of the conditional purchases referred to in that announcement, for a price of £3.6 million. This completes the purchase of the entire portfolio of 22 properties.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/primary-h ... 00027698R/

shetland
Lemon Pip

Postby shetland » July 4th, 2020, 6:58 pm

Dod101 wrote:
shetland wrote:I recently sold PHP, very reluctantly. It had been one of my best performers but the premium had reached 45% and couldn’t see the price rising much in the future. It is an excellent sector of the market but the requirement to distribute 90% of profits as dividends means that it can only grow by issuing more share.

I like the income. I mentioned the need to keep raising capital in my earlier post and that is of course a negative. So what are you buying. I see you are intending to sell SSE as well.

Dod

I am moving to a portfolio of global IT’s and funds with satellites in those areas I want to be overweight such as Asia Pacific, Healthcare. We have no need for income as we have good final salary pensions.

shetland
Lemon Pip

Postby shetland » July 4th, 2020, 7:03 pm

Dod101 wrote:

Dod

I am moving to a portfolio of global IT’s and funds with satellites in those areas I want to be overweight such as Asia Pacific, Healthcare. We have no need for income as we have good final salary pensions.

If you are looking income have you considered Chesnara. They have increased their dividend in year for the last 15 years and now yield 7%. I still hold them.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 4th, 2020, 7:18 pm

shetland wrote:I am moving to a portfolio of global IT’s and funds with satellites in those areas I want to be overweight such as Asia Pacific, Healthcare. We have no need for income as we have good final salary pensions.

If you are looking income have you considered Chesnara. They have increased their dividend in year for the last 15 years and now yield 7%. I still hold them.

Treasure your final salary pensions. I hold Chesnara and also Phoenix Holdings. Phoenix has been a little better on the capital front but suffers (or at least the shareholders suffer) from dilution with the various deals they have been making using their shares to some extent.

Dod

shetland
Lemon Pip

Postby shetland » July 6th, 2020, 10:22 pm

Dod101 wrote:
shetland wrote:I am moving to a portfolio of global IT’s and funds with satellites in those areas I want to be overweight such as Asia Pacific, Healthcare. We have no need for income as we have good final salary pensions.

Treasure your final salary pensions. I hold Chesnara and also Phoenix Holdings. Phoenix has been a little better on the capital front but suffers (or at least the shareholders suffer) from dilution with the various deals they have been making using their shares to some extent.

Dod

What is your view of Chesnara ?

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 6th, 2020, 10:43 pm

shetland wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

Dod

What is your view of Chesnara ?

Well for me the dividend is good and that is more important to me than the share price which has been doing nothing for some time. Chesnara lacks bulk to do deals and simply adds small bits and pieces to its open book. Maybe the management is too cautious but I think it needs a good sized deal. In the zombie market new deals are important because by definition the closed books are reducing all the time. However I am happy with the dividends and they are especially at the moment very important. Only my thoughts though so do not take them as gospel.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 9th, 2020, 7:33 am

H1 Trading Update

Earnings and dividend growth

· Adjusted EPRA earnings per share increased by 7.1% to 3.0 pence (30 June 2019: 2.8 pence)

· Average uplift of 2.2% per annum on rent reviews completed in the period, continuing the positive trend in rental growth (FY 2019: 1.9%; FY 2018: 1.4%)

· Additional annualised rental income of £0.9 million or 0.7%, on a like-for-like basis, from rent reviews and asset management projects (FY 2019: £1.9 million or 1.5%; FY 2018: £1.3 million or 1.8%)

· Contracted annualised rent roll increased by 4.4% to £133.3 million (31 December 2019: £127.7 million)

· Portfolio of 22 purpose-built medical centres acquired for £54 million with good asset management opportunities

· Four forward funded developments acquired in the period with a net development cost of £27 million at Arklow, Ireland, Banagher, Ireland, Epsom, Surrey and Llanbradach, Wales

· Two quarterly dividends totalling 2.95p per share distributed in the period and third quarterly dividend of 1.475p per share declared, payable on 21 August 2020, equivalent to 5.9p on an annualised basis and a 5.4% increase over the 2019 dividend per share representing the Company's 24th consecutive year of dividend growth

· The Company intends to make a further dividend payment in November 2020 and maintain its strategy of paying a progressive dividend, in equal quarterly instalments, covered by underlying earnings in each financial year

https://www.investegate.co.uk/primary-h ... 00064589S/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 9th, 2020, 7:43 am

Proposed Placing

Highlights

- Proposed Placing to raise approximately £120 million of gross proceeds

- The tragic associated impact of COVID-19 brings the ongoing requirement to cater for NHS surge capacity ever more starkly into focus. The Board believe this, combined with the demands of an ageing and growing population for healthcare, strongly underpins the need for modern, integrated and local primary healthcare facilities to continue to help relieve pressures placed on hospitals and A&E departments.

- Proceeds will be used to fund continued portfolio growth through acquisition and forward funded developments and to finance asset management projects totalling c.£128m

o Short-term estimated pipeline of £92 million of active acquisition and development opportunities across UK and Ireland

o Active management of existing assets to create additional value with estimated capex on projects in FY20 and FY21 of c.£36m

- Proposed Placing helps to maintain an appropriate loan to value % (LTV) in the short-term reducing the 30 June 2020 ratio by around 5.0% from 45.8% to c.41% on a pro-forma basis

- Placing Shares will not rank for the third quarterly interim dividend of 1.475p per share declared on 25 June 2020 and payable on 21 August 2020 to shareholders on the register on 3 July 2020 but will rank for all future dividends declared. The Company intends to make a further interim dividend payment in November 2020 and maintain its strategy of paying a progressive dividend, in equal quarterly instalments, covered by underlying earnings in each financial year

https://www.investegate.co.uk/primary-h ... 01064593S/

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 9th, 2020, 11:40 am

Good news on the dividend front but another placing! Once again we are going to be diluted. I wish they would have a proper rights issue although I can see from the company point of view the benefit of a placing.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 29th, 2020, 7:19 am

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » August 9th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Article in the Telegraph today - interview with chief exec/ founder of PHP.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... -spending/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 1st, 2020, 7:10 am

Interim Dividend Declaration

The Company announces that the fourth quarterly interim dividend in 2020 of 1.475 pence per ordinary share of 12.5 pence each will be paid on 20 November 2020 to shareholders on the register on 9 October 2020. The dividend will comprise a Property Income Distribution (PID) of 1.0 pence per share and an ordinary dividend of 0.475 pence per share. The Company will be offering a scrip alternative with this dividend.

Ex Div 8 Oct 20.

Div paid 20 Nov 20

https://www.investegate.co.uk/primary-h ... 00076711A/

Also posted on HYP Practical Board.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 10th, 2020, 8:55 am

Proposed acquisition & management internalisation

The Board of PHP (the "Board") announces that it has entered into a conditional share purchase agreement, subject to shareholder approval, to internalise the Company's management function (the "Internalisation") by acquiring Nexus Tradeco Holdings Limited which is the holding company of its longstanding external property adviser Nexus Tradeco Limited and certain subsidiaries, including Nexus's primary care development business (together "Nexus") (the "Acquisition"). PHP has agreed to acquire the entire issued ordinary share capital of Nexus Tradeco Holdings Limited for a total consideration of £33.1 million (subject to a completion net assets adjustment), made up of £16.55 million payable in cash and £16.55 million satisfied by the issue of 11,485,080(1) new ordinary shares of 12.5 pence each in the share capital of PHP at a price of 144.1 pence per share.

The Board believes that there are a number of compelling financial and strategic benefits of the Acquisition, as the Internalisation is expected to result in immediate and longer-term Adjusted EPRA EPS enhancement, with some minor one-off EPRA NAV dilution. The Board further believes that the Internalisation will:

· Secure a structure that is more appropriate to a UK-REIT of the scale of PHP which will broaden interest in the investment community, reduce costs and improve Shareholder returns;

· Help to secure the continuity of the well-regarded and experienced Nexus management team; including the services of Harry Hyman as CEO of PHP from completion of the Acquisition, consistent with the commitments he made at the time of the MedicX merger; and

· Enhance management succession for the Group for the longer-term.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/primary-h ... 00071425I/

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » December 10th, 2020, 10:21 am

idpickering wrote:Proposed acquisition & management internalisation

I'm not a holder, but that's a sizeable related party acquisition. Not saying there is anything untoward, and there is the opportunity to vote, but whilst the RNS says the Board is happy and is expected to be in the interests of all shareholders, it remains the case the 100% owner of the acquired business is the significant shareholder in the acquirer. He will be partly paid in new equity which is trading towards the lowest price the shares have been all year, compared to the wider market which has recently rallied 20% or so.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » December 10th, 2020, 11:17 am

dealtn wrote:

I'm not a holder, but that's a sizeable related party acquisition. Not saying there is anything untoward, and there is the opportunity to vote, but whilst the RNS says the Board is happy and is expected to be in the interests of all shareholders, it remains the case the 100% owner of the acquired business is the significant shareholder in the acquirer. He will be partly paid in new equity which is trading towards the lowest price the shares have been all year, compared to the wider market which has recently rallied 20% or so.

So let me get this right.
Harry Hyman is on the board of PHP.
Harry Hyman owns 100% of this company that PHP is buying (which also just so happens to perform an admin function for PHP).
PHP will create the best part of £17million of new shares and bung him a similar amount in cash.
Hyman will then also become CEO of PHP.

If they were desperate to secure Hyman's services then just give him a contract and pay him like normal.

Is there a funny smell here?

I've been hovering over the sell button on PHP for a while. Wondering if I should now click it.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 10th, 2020, 11:28 am

absolutezero wrote:
dealtn wrote:

Harry Hyman owns 100% of this company that PHP is buying (which also just so happens to perform an admin function for PHP).
PHP will create the best part of £17million of new shares and bung him a similar amount in cash.

If they were desperate to secure Hyman's services then just give him a contract and pay him like normal.

I've been hovering over the sell button on PHP for a while. Wondering if I should now click it.

An interesting take on this absolutezero. I don't detect a funny smell. I hold PHP, and am glad of the weakness in the share price currently, as I intend buying more of their shares soon. ;)

Ian.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » December 10th, 2020, 11:35 am

idpickering wrote:
absolutezero wrote:
dealtn wrote:

An interesting take on this absolutezero. I don't detect a funny smell. I hold PHP, and am glad of the weakness in the share price currently, as I intend buying more of their shares soon. ;)

Ian.

It's not my take - all that was in the RNS!
I'm not sure what's going on here.
It looks like a normal and above board business deal but does it have a funny smell to it?

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 10th, 2020, 11:43 am

Goodness, is that fish I can smell?

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”