Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,Steffers0,Anonymous,CryptoPlankton,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

Halma interims

General discussions about growth strategies which focus primarily on investing for capital growth
77ss
Lemon Slice

Halma interims

Postby 77ss » November 19th, 2019, 10:11 am

This board doesn't seem to be getting much attention. Personally I might be more interested in a Total Return board.

However, I think Halma qualifies as a growth share. Sub 1% yield and capital growth of 55% so far this calendar year.

Today's interims looked good to me, and the market seems to agree (up 11% so far today).

https://www.investegate.co.uk/halma-plc ... 00068162T/

I keep having to pinch myself with this share - can its fine run continue? The underlying approach of many small
bolt-ons is interesting - no dangerous nonsense with 'transformative' deals. I am wondering whether other companies which grow in the same way might be worth looking at.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Halma interims

Postby Bouleversee » November 19th, 2019, 2:39 pm

One of the companies I had thought of buying but never got round to doing so. Pity. Probably too late now.

JamesMuenchen
Lemon Slice

Postby JamesMuenchen » November 19th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Bouleversee wrote:One of the companies I had thought of buying but never got round to doing so. Pity. Probably too late now.

I first bought into it after a write-up by ValueMargin (IIRC) on TMF listing companies with long records of high CAGR, he listed HLMA as averaging 17.2% CAGR 1969-2012. Since then the SP has quadrupled or so.

It is never too late.

torata
2 Lemon pips

Postby torata » November 20th, 2019, 5:01 am

JamesMuenchen wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:One of the companies I had thought of buying but never got round to doing so. Pity. Probably too late now.

I first bought into it after a write-up by ValueMargin (IIRC) on TMF listing companies with long records of high CAGR, he listed HLMA as averaging 17.2% CAGR 1969-2012. Since then the SP has quadrupled or so.

It is never too late.

Although FT Lex is not positive at the moment, with it being on a multiple of 36 compared to average of 24 over the last 5 years.

torata

Google: "Halma: health warning"

77ss
Lemon Slice

Postby 77ss » November 20th, 2019, 3:32 pm

torata wrote:
JamesMuenchen wrote:

It is never too late.

Although FT Lex is not positive at the moment, with it being on a multiple of 36 compared to average of 24 over the last 5 years.

torata

Google: "Halma: health warning"

On the other hand, today's Tempus says BUY!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/halm ... -pwgmt66p3

Behind a pay wall I expect - like FT Lex.

The Tempus article gives an overview of the business, providing a starting point for those thinking about the company.

Personally, I share the 'never too late' attitude of JamesMuenchen

DYOR of course.

Return to “Growth Strategies”