Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

NHS Patient Access vs new NHS App?

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: NHS Patient Access vs new NHS App?

Postby AF62 » May 16th, 2021, 6:35 pm

absolutezero wrote:The NHS app now has a section called 'Check your Covid-19 vaccine record'.
That's your vaccine passport by another name.
But it does say 'This service cannot be used to prove your vaccine status for international travel. This service allows you to view details of the vaccinations you have had'.

The 'envy of the world' NHS strikes again. :lol:

The ‘check your COVID-19 vaccine record’ section in the NHS app on my phone doesn’t have that caveat about not using for international travel.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 16th, 2021, 7:15 pm

Fake Covid vaccine and test certificate market is growing, researchers say

The Guardian

More than 1,200 vendors operating in the UK and worldwide, offering false documents for as little as £25

"A hidden pandemic market advertising fake vaccine and test certificates for as little as £25 has grown exponentially, with more than 1,200 vendors in the UK and worldwide, researchers have found."

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » May 17th, 2021, 12:05 am

XFool wrote:"A hidden pandemic market advertising fake vaccine and test certificates for as little as £25 has grown exponentially, with more than 1,200 vendors in the UK and worldwide, researchers have found."

Is it just me who gets exasperated by the lamentably widespread misuse of "exponentially"?

(I'm not remotely surprised by the headline telling us something that would obviously happen is indeed happening).

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 17th, 2021, 10:36 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:
XFool wrote:"A hidden pandemic market advertising fake vaccine and test certificates for as little as £25 has grown exponentially, with more than 1,200 vendors in the UK and worldwide, researchers have found."

Is it just me who gets exasperated by the lamentably widespread misuse of "exponentially"?

You are unlikely to be very unique in this respect. :)

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » May 17th, 2021, 11:23 am

AF62 wrote:
absolutezero wrote:The NHS app now has a section called 'Check your Covid-19 vaccine record'.
But it does say 'This service cannot be used to prove your vaccine status for international travel. This service allows you to view details of the vaccinations you have had'.

The ‘check your COVID-19 vaccine record’ section in the NHS app on my phone doesn’t have that caveat about not using for international travel.

It does. You just haven't spotted it yet.
Click through to the FAQs.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » May 17th, 2021, 2:28 pm

absolutezero wrote:
AF62 wrote:

The NHS app has updated again.

The top item is “Share your COVID-19 status, View and share proof of your COVID-19 status for travel”

Clicking on that you have to agree to share your NHS login information with NHS COVID-19 Vaccination Status, and it gives details of the information it will use (NHS number, DOB, name, email address, mobile phone number).

The FAQs say that “the service can be used to demonstrate your COVID-19 vaccination status for the purpose of international travel.

At the end of the process you get a QR code which you can display on the phone or download a copy or email a copy.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » May 17th, 2021, 3:40 pm

AF62 wrote:
absolutezero wrote:
AF62 wrote:

The top item is “Share your COVID-19 status, View and share proof of your COVID-19 status for travel”

Clicking on that you have to agree to share your NHS login information with NHS COVID-19 Vaccination Status, and it gives details of the information it will use (NHS number, DOB, name, email address, mobile phone number).

The FAQs say that “the service can be used to demonstrate your COVID-19 vaccination status for the purpose of international travel.

At the end of the process you get a QR code which you can display on the phone or download a copy or email a copy.

Not on my phone!

John

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » May 17th, 2021, 4:04 pm

redsturgeon wrote:
AF62 wrote:
absolutezero wrote:It does. You just haven't spotted it yet.

Not on my phone!

John

iPhone or Android?

Lemon Slice

Postby 9873210 » May 17th, 2021, 4:16 pm

redsturgeon wrote:

Not on my phone
John[/quote]

Sure you can. Print it out and tape it to the back.
Might need a high quality printer if you have a small phone.

Old phones have no value. I got one for free. I have a discarded iPhone 5S, no longer supported by apple, with no phone plan. I can load .pdf etc. over WiFi and display the image. So far this has been an adequate work around for various business that insist you must have a smart phone to do business with them. It also acts as a passable camera which I use in the shop when disassembling something.

Okay which of those smilies is supposed to indicate humour?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » May 17th, 2021, 7:29 pm

9873210 wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:

Not on my phone
John

Old phones have no value. I got one for free. I have a discarded iPhone 5S, no longer supported by apple, with no phone plan. I can load .pdf etc. over WiFi and display the image. So far this has been an adequate work around for various business that insist you must have a smart phone to do business with them. It also acts as a passable camera which I use in the shop when disassembling something.

Okay which of those smilies is supposed to indicate humour?

I have a recent iPhone but the NHS app is not giving me the options suggested.

When I log in I get the option to view my vaccine record. If I click on that, it tell me the date and batch numbers of my two jabs but that's it no further options.

John

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » May 17th, 2021, 9:50 pm

AF62 wrote:
absolutezero wrote:
AF62 wrote:

LOL!
I don't have that!! I still have the 'not suitable for international travel'.
Maybe it will update itself overnight.

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » May 17th, 2021, 10:06 pm

9873210 wrote:
9873210 wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:

Not on my phone
John

Do bear in mind though that, at least for the QR code generated by my iPhone app, the QR code has an expiry date so you would need to repeat that once a month. The one I generated just now says “Expiration date: 20 June 2021”. Presumably this is a measure to at least reduce the opportunities for fraud. Since these various new features are appearing in my iPhone app without any update to the app itself I suspect the app is basically just a log in to a mobile web site hence I also assume that the Android app shows the same info re time-limited QR codes.

- Julian

Lemon Slice

Postby 9873210 » May 17th, 2021, 11:03 pm

Julian wrote:Do bear in mind though that, at least for the QR code generated by my iPhone app, the QR code has an expiry date so you would need to repeat that once a month. The one I generated just now says “Expiration date: 20 June 2021”. Presumably this is a measure to at least reduce the opportunities for fraud.

I suspect the expiration is also tied to uncertainty about how long immunity lasts and the possibility of break through mutations that would make the vaccine ineffective. If we are going to need booster shots at some point you don't want to issue certificates that are longer than the period to the hypothetical booster.

One month is extremely conservative, but it's long enough that inconvenience of being conservative is minimal. It's also short enough that people won't forget how to do an update. One of my pet peeves is websites that require a login for something only used every five years.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » May 18th, 2021, 9:46 am

absolutezero wrote:I don't have that!! I still have the 'not suitable for international travel'.
Maybe it will update itself overnight.

And it has now updated itself.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » May 18th, 2021, 11:15 am

My Android phone tells me:

Download PDF Copy

Receive an offline copy by Email

That should cover all eventualities.

TJH

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » May 18th, 2021, 4:53 pm

I now have my PDF copy by Email.

Looks fine to me, with a QR code.

TJH

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » May 19th, 2021, 7:11 pm

People in Scotland can now download and print a vaccination status letter. Log in to http://vacs.nhs.scot with the user details in your appointment letter and select Vaccination Status (which has only recently appeared).

Scott.

Pkupp31

Postby Pkupp31 » September 9th, 2021, 10:25 am

AF62 wrote:
stevensfo wrote:Anyone downloaded the app? Is it useful? Any bugs?

What can it do - Order prescriptions, see the status of ordered prescriptions, change the pharmacy where they are sent, book GP appointments, see past GP appointments, see your health record, see hospital referrals, manage organ donation records.

You can (if you and the other person agrees) set up linked accounts so you can do most of the above for the other person.

Is it useful - yes, I can access my health records and do what I need to do from my phone, and all in a proper app with some (to me) reasonable security.

Hi,

I am conducting a study for my dissertation regarding this. Would you be able to help me with more information regarding the app?

If yes, could you please message me on personal chat?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » November 7th, 2021, 5:11 pm

I've just noticed something on my Patient Access account.

As previously reported, COVID vaccination status is displayed in your PA home directory - presumably copied up from the entry under 'Immunisations' for the benefit of access by the NHS App. This record was updated at the time of my second Coronavirus vaccination but, though I had my booster quite some while ago now and this is indeed recorded in 'Immunisations', the entry in my home directory still only displays the original second Coronavirus vaccination record from March this year.

How does this compare with other people's record? And, does the NHS App report booster vaccination status?

I don't use the NHS App myself.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » November 14th, 2023, 3:46 pm

Interesting?

Latest COVID-19 vaccine status now removed from my Home directory on Patient Access. Back to being buried away under 'Immunisations'.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”