Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Coronavirus - General Chat - No statistics

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Julian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Coronavirus - General Chat - No statistics

Postby Julian » April 12th, 2024, 12:22 pm

Mike4 wrote:
Lootman wrote:You are "just starting" to go into shops again?

Seriously?

The only place I see people wearing masks now is on crowded tube trains, and even then most do not.

I always imagine the occasional person wearing a mask has some ghastly disease and is wearing the mask as a courtesy to people nearby. So I steer well clear of them.

The other possibility is that the person wearing the mask is immunocompromised in some way (chemo, transplant, some other auto-immune condition etc). Your reaction is still valid in that case though, albeit for the mask-wearer's benefit rather than yours.

I confess that it is sufficiently rare to see people wearing a mask now that when I do see it my instinctive reaction (that does me no credit) is to think it slightly odd but then my reasoning kicks in a fraction of a second later and I remind myself that there are a number of good reasons for someone to really need to still wear a mask.

- Julian

P.S. Loved the meme about the plague.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » April 25th, 2024, 11:17 am

Yesterday both of us received the Spring Booster vaccination for those over 75. I have a sore arm if I lift it above my shoulder. From past experience this should disappear in a couple of days. The vaccine was Spikevax XBB.1.5 - which I was told was the same as that used for the Autumn vaccination. (Previously called Moderna)
We also had mild Covid infections before Christmas (possible source? - workmen in and about the house for several weeks)
The vaccination centre is not particularly easy to get to (two bus journeys for a few miles ) - however we are still driving, so it is not a problem. I wonder how many oldies are put off by this journey.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » April 25th, 2024, 11:37 am

I also had my booster (Spikevax) yesterday early morning. Initially little side effects but since last night very painful arm with headache and muscular pains. I do not remember having such a painful reaction previously - maybe memory loss given over 75.

T7

Steveam
Lemon Slice

Postby Steveam » April 25th, 2024, 1:02 pm

I’m not eligible for the booster (approaching 75, other health conditions but nothing dramatic) having checked with both the GP and the vaccination centre.

I’ve decided to have the vaccination privately - £65 - at a local pharmacy. Booked for Saturday.

Best wishes,

Steve

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » April 25th, 2024, 2:45 pm

scotia wrote:Yesterday both of us received the Spring Booster vaccination for those over 75. I have a sore arm if I lift it above my shoulder. From past experience this should disappear in a couple of days. The vaccine was Spikevax XBB.1.5 - which I was told was the same as that used for the Autumn vaccination. (Previously called Moderna)
We also had mild Covid infections before Christmas (possible source? - workmen in and about the house for several weeks)
The vaccination centre is not particularly easy to get to (two bus journeys for a few miles ) - however we are still driving, so it is not a problem. I wonder how many oldies are put off by this journey.

Community Transport may be the solution for them. Ours is 6 miles away and the bus would involve a half mile walk from home. Closer near the centre. I shall drive, but for someone less mobile without their own transport, our Community Transport will do door to door at a small cost. (Disclosure - I'm a Trustee of our local Community Transport CIC).

TJH

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » April 26th, 2024, 10:00 pm

tjh290633 wrote:
scotia wrote:Yesterday both of us received the Spring Booster vaccination for those over 75. I have a sore arm if I lift it above my shoulder. From past experience this should disappear in a couple of days. The vaccine was Spikevax XBB.1.5 - which I was told was the same as that used for the Autumn vaccination. (Previously called Moderna)

Community Transport may be the solution for them. Ours is 6 miles away and the bus would involve a half mile walk from home. Closer near the centre. I shall drive, but for someone less mobile without their own transport, our Community Transport will do door to door at a small cost. (Disclosure - I'm a Trustee of our local Community Transport CIC).

TJH

Interesting - currently we are both driving, so we are not aware of such Community Transport Schemes. We should check this out for possible future needs. Although I fear such a scheme would not take me up a dirt road and through a ford to the fishing loch. But if I got there, we have a boat for accompanied wheelchair anglers :)

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”