Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Covid: South Africa variant found in Hampshire village

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Covid: South Africa variant found in Hampshire village

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » February 13th, 2021, 8:34 pm

Surge Testing in Specific Areas Only

Anyone aged 16 or over in Bramley, near Basingstoke, will be subjected to surge testing from next week.

Additional tests will also be held in Middlesbrough and Walsall following recent discoveries of the variant first identified in South Africa.

... Simon Bryant, Hampshire County Council's director of public health, said: "I appreciate that this news may be worrying but it's really important to understand that the risk of transmission from this single case is considered to be very low."

I'll not try to discuss the obvious dichotomy of Simon Bryant's comments.

AiY

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Covid: South Africa variant found in Hampshire village

Postby Mike4 » February 13th, 2021, 8:39 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:Surge Testing in Specific Areas Only

Anyone aged 16 or over in Bramley, near Basingstoke, will be subjected to surge testing from next week.

Additional tests will also be held in Middlesbrough and Walsall following recent discoveries of the variant first identified in South Africa.

... Simon Bryant, Hampshire County Council's director of public health, said: "I appreciate that this news may be worrying but it's really important to understand that the risk of transmission from this single case is considered to be very low."

I'll not try to discuss the obvious dichotomy of Simon Bryant's comments.

AiY

Bramley Hampshire, noted for its large army site and population?

Probably an obvious connection. I wonder if army personnel returning to the UK are subject to any quarantining or enforcement of such.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”