Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Be grateful

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
88V8
Lemon Half

Re: Be grateful

Postby 88V8 » April 26th, 2021, 12:47 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:....I find myself getting cross with others who have not had to face the same issues but still don't seem happy with their life. ...They have something which is just so unimaginable for me. Good health.

I do see what you mean.

Unfortunately one easily comes to take things for granted. Health, wealth, happiness.
I remember a comment long ago that gratitude is not a sustainable emotion.

V8

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » April 26th, 2021, 1:03 pm

88V8 wrote:
AsleepInYorkshire wrote:....I find myself getting cross with others who have not had to face the same issues but still don't seem happy with their life. ...They have something which is just so unimaginable for me. Good health.

I do see what you mean.

Unfortunately one easily comes to take things for granted. Health, wealth, happiness.
I remember a comment long ago that gratitude is not a sustainable emotion.

V8

You are correct. I am not suggesting others are the source of the problem. It's me that needs to understand that they are blissfully ignorant. However, it's not easy to describe how frustrating it is to hear someone complaining about nothing. And again I accept that's my problem.

And there are times when I am not grateful ... I'm human too :)

AiY

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » April 26th, 2021, 1:25 pm

Dod101 wrote:There has been an awful lot of doomsters on these Boards

Actually there are only a few but they post a lot on the subject, so it appears that the amount of doom is far more than actually exists in the general public. I could name the handful of Lemons but I won't as you know who the usual suspects are anyway.

In my general interactions with people I find that they are content with how the UK has taken a leading role in vaccinations, and that they believe that the variable data-driven response to the virus is superior to that of most other countries.

They also understand that the risk is low of becoming seriously ill or dying at this stage, and they feel good about continuing to relax restrictions.

As someone else noted above, there are people who just enjoy being gloomy and they seem to invest a lot of time and energy in propagating that here. But I believe that most people see through that, and remain confident and optimistic that the worst is well behind us.

mark88man
2 Lemon pips

Postby mark88man » April 26th, 2021, 1:49 pm

AiY makes a good point. But I think learning lessons and being honest are not the same as being gloomy

Certainly I agree now is a time for being less gloomy, and 2 evenings on the trot set outside with friends, and with beer, distanced but within the glow of various warmth producing devices, has been enormously de-gloomifying

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » April 26th, 2021, 2:42 pm

mark88man wrote:AiY makes a good point. But I think learning lessons and being honest are not the same as being gloomy

Certainly I agree now is a time for being less gloomy, and 2 evenings on the trot set outside with friends, and with beer, distanced but within the glow of various warmth producing devices, has been enormously de-gloomifying

Hmm ... I'm aware that some of us have recently lost loved ones. I won't mention names as I don't wish to intrude. But during lockdown loneliness will have had a huge impact on many more than it originally did. And I'm close friends with loneliness ... having done it for far too long. I completely agree that we should be open to learn the lessons of the pandemic but only if they don't come at the expense of any individual. That would be wrong at any level in my humble opinion.

Glad to hear you are shaking off the covid cobwebs. No harm in busting a gut and getting out there again though :lol:

AiY

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”