Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Pfizer Booster for Delta

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
daveh
Lemon Quarter

Re: Pfizer Booster for Delta

Postby daveh » November 13th, 2021, 11:01 pm

I'm also in Scotland and have had two AZN jags. On both occasions (at P&J Live/TECA/AECC) I was given a handout about the vaccine but no card or other info as in England, but I have downloaded the Scottish NHS app that gives details of the vaccines I've received and a QR code for getting into nightclubs etc. which was remarkably easy.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » November 14th, 2021, 7:50 am

9873210 wrote:
Lootman wrote:And since a foreign country has no obligation to accept or recognise an NHS app, then a paper record of any booster dose can be important. The online record is merely a "nice to have".

It's a complicated situation.

Of course a foreign country also has no obligation to accept or recognize or accept an NHS vaccination card. Some places require proof of vaccination to be secure and tied to a proof of identity.

As you say it's complicated and it's probably best to have both

True but in practice there is reciprocity amongst most pairs of developed countries such that, for example, the US recognises a UK vaccination card and the UK recognises a US vaccination card. They even look fairly similar. If you visit the US you have to have the card; nobody there will know anything about the NHS app, although they might nod, smile and let it pass.

As such your card becomes as important a document as your passport, and woe betide you if you lose it. I have photocopies and phone photographs of mine, but would still not feel confident without the original, which I keep in my passport where it fits nicely.

swill453 wrote:
Dod101 wrote:In my part of Scotland I had the Astrazeneca leaflet given to me when I had my initial vaccines in the early part of this year (both at my doctor's surgery) Then a few weeks ago I had my booster jab at a community clinic. It was Pfizer and again I was given a leaflet about it.

OTOH I know nothing of a 'vaccination passport'.

So without learning about, and getting, the passport, you have no evidence of your vaccination.

But then most of us don't actually need proof.

Most who travel overseas will need proof. There are a number of countries where you need to show proof to get into a restaurant, bar or other public building. In California you even need to show proof to go inside a Starbucks (to drink in, but not to get a takeaway, oddly).

In some ways the UK is the odd one out, in having relatively few requirements to show proof.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » November 14th, 2021, 9:57 am

daveh wrote:I'm also in Scotland and have had two AZN jags. On both occasions (at P&J Live/TECA/AECC) I was given a handout about the vaccine but no card or other info as in England, but I have downloaded the Scottish NHS app that gives details of the vaccines I've received and a QR code for getting into nightclubs etc. which was remarkably easy.

Not being funny but maybe being dim. Which was remarkably easy, getting into nightclubs or getting the Scottish NHS app? If the latter then maybe I should take a look.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » November 14th, 2021, 4:54 pm

Dod101 wrote:
daveh wrote:I'm also in Scotland and have had two AZN jags. On both occasions (at P&J Live/TECA/AECC) I was given a handout about the vaccine but no card or other info as in England, but I have downloaded the Scottish NHS app that gives details of the vaccines I've received and a QR code for getting into nightclubs etc. which was remarkably easy.

Not being funny but maybe being dim. Which was remarkably easy, getting into nightclubs or getting the Scottish NHS app? If the latter then maybe I should take a look.

The NHS app. I haven't been in a night club this century. I downloaded the app to my phone. It asked me to take a photo of a photo ID ( I chose my driving licence) and a selfie. It then compared the selfie to the photo ID said that me was me provided more info on my address etc that I had to confirm, set up a pin etc and then it was live giving details of my two jags or a QR code, (you could switch between them). I was impressed how well it worked.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » November 14th, 2021, 5:38 pm

daveh wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

The NHS app. I haven't been in a night club this century. I downloaded the app to my phone. It asked me to take a photo of a photo ID ( I chose my driving licence) and a selfie. It then compared the selfie to the photo ID said that me was me provided more info on my address etc that I had to confirm, set up a pin etc and then it was live giving details of my two jags or a QR code, (you could switch between them). I was impressed how well it worked.

Thanks for that detail. I will try it myself and see how I get on.

Dod

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”