Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

What now

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Lemon Quarter

Re: What now

Postby 9873210 » April 8th, 2023, 8:11 pm

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » April 9th, 2023, 8:30 am

XFool wrote:What Dr. Angelique Coetzee Actually Said About Omicron Variant

Snopes

So yes, history is indeed being rewritten. As usual...

Seeing as you are actually chose not to quote him, despite your line
What Dr. Angelique Coetzee Actually Said About Omicron Variant

here is the summary words of what he actually said

So what we are seeing clinically in South Africa and remember, I’m at the epicentre, that’s where I’m practising, is extremely mild. For us that’s mild cases. We haven’t admitted anyone. I spoke to other colleagues of mine, the same picture.

What history exactly are claiming is being rewritten (as usual)? The claim appears to be Omicron was relatively low risk, and those nearest it in South Africa were aware, yet having difficulty convincing others, particularly in the West, of that. Your link, and Dr Coetzee's comments appear to bear that out.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 9th, 2023, 9:09 am

More future history?

South African Heart Association
20 March 2023

SARS-CoV-2 VACCINATION AND CARDIAC HEALTH

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtNpYXKXsAAlK1r?format=jpg&name=medium

"It has come to the attention of the South African Heart Association... Dr Aseem Malhotra..."

Um...

oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Postby oldapple » April 9th, 2023, 11:10 am

It isn’t just one individual Dr who takes the view that vaccine damage has occurred.
From the Australian government:

https://www.health.gov.au/our-work/covi ... -australia

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 9th, 2023, 1:57 pm

...But that is old news. Rare, well known and long factored into vaccine programmes.

The sort of stuff that Dr Aseem Malhotra, and others of like mind are pushing, is all part of the Internet false information spreading and alternate reality.

Can people please try to be more discriminating?

oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Postby oldapple » April 9th, 2023, 2:21 pm

Check out why AZ vaccine has been withdrawn in UK:

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsuppo ... id-vaccine

Updated January 2023

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 9th, 2023, 2:34 pm

...Why?

What is new there? (It has been withdrawn largely because it is believed the newer vaccines will be more effective)

NB. "Study shows risk of blood clots is far greater from coronavirus than the vaccine"

oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Postby oldapple » April 9th, 2023, 4:25 pm

Yes, the official narrative is that the AZ vaccine was removed as other vaccines are deemed safer, but (as your use of the word ‘largely’ implies) there is another reason which you omit - it was dangerous and indeed fatal some cases.

https://www.science.org/content/article ... er-becomes

‘The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine can, in very rare cases, cause a disorder characterized by dangerous blood clots and low platelet counts. In Europe, at least 222 suspected cases have been reported among 34 million people who have received their first dose of the vaccine. More than 30 have died.

"Causality is more of a journey to certainty than a binary decision," says Anthony Cox, an expert on pharmacovigilance at the University of Birmingham. But faced with accumulating cases, the European Medicines Agency (EMA), which had been careful not to point fingers, acknowledged on 7 April "a probable causal association" between the syndrome and the vaccine, recently named Vaxzevria.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » April 9th, 2023, 5:19 pm

oldapple wrote:... there is another reason which you omit - it was dangerous and indeed fatal some cases.

...among 34 million people who have received their first dose of the vaccine. More than 30 have died.

I fail to see that kind of perspective as rational to be honest. Odds of a million to one and that is considered sufficiently dangerous. I wonder how such people get out of bed in the morning.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » April 9th, 2023, 5:23 pm

dealtn wrote:
oldapple wrote:... there is another reason which you omit - it was dangerous and indeed fatal some cases.

...among 34 million people who have received their first dose of the vaccine. More than 30 have died.

I fail to see that kind of perspective as rational to be honest. Odds of a million to one and that is considered sufficiently dangerous. I wonder how such people get out of bed in the morning.

That is literally a "one in a million" chance.

That said I avoided the AZN vaccine more because I thought the Pfizer jabs were superior. And the US FDA never approved the AZN vaccine.

So far I have had 3 Pfizer jabs and 2 Moderna jabs.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 9th, 2023, 5:37 pm

oldapple wrote:Yes, the official narrative is that the AZ vaccine was removed as other vaccines are deemed safer, but (as your use of the word ‘largely’ implies) there is another reason which you omit - it was dangerous and indeed fatal some cases.

https://www.science.org/content/article ... er-becomes

‘The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine can, in very rare cases, cause a disorder characterized by dangerous blood clots and low platelet counts. In Europe, at least 222 suspected cases have been reported among 34 million people who have received their first dose of the vaccine. More than 30 have died.

You seem to me to be trying to make some point. I have no idea what that point could be.

Hard choices emerge as link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare clotting disorder becomes clearer

Science

Some scientists suggest halving the dose might reduce risks and help protect more people from COVID-19
11 APR 2021

Yes. News from 11 April 2021, two years go. I remember all this from the time, it was well publicised and reported on two years ago! We all know about it. It was a rare side effect ("222 suspected cases reported among 34 million people").

Is your point that all medicines can have harmful side effects? Yes they can. So do diseases.
Is your point that all vaccines can have harmful side effects? Yes they can. So do diseases.
Is your point that the AstraZeneca vaccine can have harmful side effects? Yes it can. So does COVID-19. It can be fatal.

This is all known.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » April 11th, 2023, 2:06 pm

Covid-19 no longer a leading cause of death in England and Wales

https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/national/23447625.covid-19-no-longer-leading-cause-death-england-wales/

Covid-19 has dropped out of the top five leading causes of death in England and Wales for the first time since the start of the pandemic, figures show.

"Coronavirus was recorded as the main cause of death for 22,454 people in 2022, or 3.9% of all deaths registered, making it the sixth leading cause overall.

In both 2020 and 2021 Covid-19 was the leading cause of death, with 73,766 deaths (12.1% of the total) and 67,350 (11.5%) respectively.
"

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 29th, 2023, 9:05 am

We desperately need a government who will say it: Britain is still reeling from Covid

The Guardian

Pupil absence is soaring. Long-term sickness is hammering the workforce. Yet some senior Tories expend all their energy on defending Boris Johnson

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » May 29th, 2023, 9:17 am

XFool wrote:We desperately need a government who will say it: Britain is still reeling from Covid

The Guardian

Pupil absence is soaring. Long-term sickness is hammering the workforce. Yet some senior Tories expend all their energy on defending Boris Johnson

What would be your solution to the continued presence of an endemic illness that solves absence and long term sickness that doesn't have alternative negatives?

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » May 29th, 2023, 9:58 am

XFool wrote:We desperately need a government who will say it: Britain is still reeling from Covid

The Guardian

The word "Overreaction" is missing from the end of the article title.

Those of you who supported the restrictions now have to accept responsibility for your support and the consequences (the "ghost children" and the mental health issues) created, as highlighted in the article. Your support of the overreaction has done more long-term overall damage to the nations health and well-being than Covid would ever have done!

You have to accept that you were gullible and allowed yourself to be hoodwinked by the disinformation spread by the "experts" and the government. It won't fix the issues created but it may stop the stupidity being repeated in the future.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 29th, 2023, 10:10 am

Ashfordian wrote:

The word "Overreaction" is missing from the end of the article title.

Those of you who supported the restrictions now have to accept responsibility for your support and the consequences (the "ghost children" and the mental health issues) created, as highlighted in the article. Your support of the overreaction has done more long-term overall damage to the nations health and well-being than Covid would ever have done!

And you know this, how?

Ashfordian wrote:You have to accept that you were gullible and allowed yourself to be hoodwinked by the disinformation spread by the "experts" and the government. It won't fix the issues created but it may stop the stupidity being repeated in the future.

I don't accept I was "gullible and... hoodwinked by the disinformation spread by the "experts" ". (Note the 'statutory' quotes! "So called experts" is another well worn usage.)

Nor do I have any intention of being hoodwinked by self appointed "experts". ;)

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » May 29th, 2023, 10:46 am

XFool wrote:
Ashfordian wrote:The word "Overreaction" is missing from the end of the article title.

And you know this, how?

Ashfordian wrote:You have to accept that you were gullible and allowed yourself to be hoodwinked by the disinformation spread by the "experts" and the government. It won't fix the issues created but it may stop the stupidity being repeated in the future.

I don't accept I was "gullible and... hoodwinked by the disinformation spread by the "experts" ". (Note the 'statutory' quotes! "So called experts" is another well worn usage.)

Nor do I have any intention of being hoodwinked by self appointed "experts". ;)

Different folk do anger differently.
None of Covid was nice
But if you're going to run your health service at above capacity it seems better to have as few dead folk as possible?
Which meant restrictions....
The only alternative was not giving a fig, and I know there are plenty that didn't; but I've yet to meet one that wasn't thick, or ignorant ("as long as I'm fine") scum.

You can't ignore a pandemic - but choosing to politicise the response to it seems counterproductive

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » May 29th, 2023, 1:28 pm

XFool wrote:
Ashfordian wrote:The word "Overreaction" is missing from the end of the article title.

And you know this, how?

Read the article you linked to. It tells you the number of children's lives ruined by our Covid overreaction. Additionally, it hints at the mental health effects from the Covid overreaction. 2m with "self diagnosed long Covid". More likely the fear managed response has caused life affecting mental damage to the hypochondriacs of the UK, as well as giving the feckless in this country another excuse to suck on the teat of the taxpayer. They should ask those "suffering" from "long Covid" and unable to work because of it if they are self employed. I suspect the number is very, very, low! ;)

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”