Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS - modification request

Discussions regarding financial software
torata
Lemon Slice

HYPTUSS - modification request

Postby torata » September 10th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Hi Kiloran and Itsallaguess

Not a pressing request, but could I ask that the "delete share" button deletes the whole row, not just columns A to (maybe) P. (LibreOffice version)
Like others, I am using other columns to extend the functionality and as these cells are not also deleted things immediately become out of kilter. It takes a fair amount of fiddling about to put right as it's not just formulas, but also conditional fomatting etc.
Taking out the whole row seems like it should be a lot 'cleaner'.

Many thanks in advance

torata

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

Postby Itsallaguess » September 10th, 2017, 3:37 pm

torata wrote:

Not a pressing request, but could I ask that the "delete share" button deletes the whole row, not just columns A to (maybe) P. (LibreOffice version)

Like others, I am using other columns to extend the functionality and as these cells are not also deleted things immediately become out of kilter. It takes a fair amount of fiddling about to put right as it's not just formulas, but also conditional fomatting etc.

Many thanks in advance

<Smug mode>

The Excel version already removes the entire row when deleting a share from the portfolio.

</Smug mode>

:O)

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 11th, 2017, 10:01 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
torata wrote:

Many thanks in advance

<Smug mode>

The Excel version already removes the entire row when deleting a share from the portfolio.

</Smug mode>

:O)

Itsallaguess

<That's me put in my place mode>
Doh!
When I built the LibreOffice version, I didn't want to make any assumptions about what users might do over to the right of the portfolio area, so I only deleted the portfolio area. Our illustrious leader clearly doesn't care about what users might do, so his Excel version autocratically deletes the whole row.
I think it's important to keep the Excel and LibreOffice versions as similar as possible, so unless I get a flood of complaints, I'll modify the LibreOffice version to match Excel. Good timing, we've got a new update to release imminently, but it got delayed due to a LibreOffice bug, and then further delayed by my being 300 miles from home to attend a funeral later today. I'll try to add this change and publish the new versions this coming weekend.
</That's put me in my place mode>

<smug mode>
At least my football team won at the weekend :D
</smug mode>

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 11th, 2017, 4:07 pm

kiloran wrote:
...clearly doesn't care about what users might do, so his Excel version autocratically deletes the whole row.

Autocratic?

I've been called worse....:)

Anyhow, it seems that the OP has fully endorsed my approach, I'll have you know, and is utilising the tool in exactly the way I imagined people would.....it's called 'Design-intent validation' where I come from.....always nice to see..... :)

kiloran wrote:
<smug mode>
At least my football team won at the weekend :D
</smug mode>

Did I miss something? Weren't they all still on the international break?

The cricket did well though, I see! :)

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 11th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:it's called 'Design-intent validation' where I come from.....always nice to see..... :)

Itsallaguess

That's frighteningly close to marketing-speak (I should know, I used to work in marketing). We'll have none of that kind of talk here.

--kiloran

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » September 13th, 2017, 12:29 am

kiloran wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:it's called 'Design-intent validation' where I come from.....always nice to see..... :)

Itsallaguess

That's frighteningly close to marketing-speak (I should know, I used to work in marketing). We'll have none of that kind of talk here.

--kiloran

Crikey, what have I done :)

But anyway, thanks for taking my request into account.

torata

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » December 2nd, 2017, 1:03 am

Hello Killoran and Itsall

I noticed that b-f.ods does not take out the whole row when deleting a share, but only up to column Q
(Please note that I insert a number of columns in front of the greyed out 'reserved' columns, to use of my own calculations)

If you could take a look at it, that would be great.

torata

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 2nd, 2017, 10:39 am

torata wrote:Hello Killoran and Itsall

I noticed that b-f.ods does not take out the whole row when deleting a share, but only up to column Q
(Please note that I insert a number of columns in front of the greyed out 'reserved' columns, to use of my own calculations)

torata

Many apologies, Torata. I did plan on making this change (it's on my to-do list), but it got lost in the chaos of the Yahoo changes and my need to work on a family bereavement. I'll be away until the middle of next week, so I'll work on it when I get back.

--kiloran

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » December 4th, 2017, 10:27 am

kiloran wrote:

torata

Many apologies, Torata. I did plan on making this change (it's on my to-do list), but it got lost in the chaos of the Yahoo changes and my need to work on a family bereavement. I'll be away until the middle of next week, so I'll work on it when I get back.

--kiloran

In the meantime, is it OK to just select and delete the whole row myself?
I'm worried it will mess up the macros and I won't notice.

Torata

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » December 4th, 2017, 1:07 pm

@torata.

Should be fine. I have a modified HYPTUSS that tracks shares by "portfolio" and I regularly cut or copy lines with no problem.

Raptor.

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » December 5th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Raptor wrote:@torata.

Should be fine. I have a modified HYPTUSS that tracks shares by "portfolio" and I regularly cut or copy lines with no problem.

Raptor.

Good to hear. Thanks Raptor

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 8th, 2017, 8:57 pm

torata

Torata, I've now updated the OpenOffice/LibreOffice version to b-f-1 http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
The only change is that the Delete Share button now deletes the entire row on the High Yield Portfolio and Watchlist sheets, instead of deleting data in specific columns. This matches the functionality of the Excel version.

There is no other change in functionality, so anyone who does not need this change has no need to update.

Sorry it took so long to implement this

--kiloran

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » December 9th, 2017, 1:32 am

Thank you. And please don't apologize for taking time.
torata

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”