Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Screws for wall mounting a TV

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Mike88
Lemon Slice

Screws for wall mounting a TV

Postby Mike88 » December 6th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Does anybody know where I can get the screws to fit into the back of a Samsung TV for a wall mounting bracket. The screws supplied with the bracket are too small in diameter. I have tried the ebay supplier but they haven't replied to my emails.

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Re: Screws for wall mounting a TV

Postby Rhyd6 » December 6th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Try googling the type of bracket you have and maybe an alternative supplier would be able to help you. If it mentions the type of screws that should be used you could also try Screwfix. If I remember correctly, there is a special thread on the bracket that we have for our wall mounted samsung.

R6

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » December 6th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Try https://www.nutsandbolts.com if you are looking for a specific measurement / type etc. - I have used a couple of times, but IIRC you may have to buy in bulk / minimum amount.

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Postby jfgw » December 6th, 2017, 5:23 pm

These use standard metric screws. If you look at table 1 here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Disp ... _Interface , you should be able to identify the size of screw you need. Note that you need to add the thickness of the bracket to the lengths shown.

Once you know what you want you could try Screwfix or Toolstation, although you may have trouble getting the right length. Alternatively, search eBay.

Julian F. G. W.

Grumpsimus
2 Lemon pips

Postby Grumpsimus » December 6th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Actually VESA mounts use metric machine screws which most people know as bolts, screws in ordinary usage are normally used on wood etc. These are all standard sizes and widely available.

As already indicated it is normally the length which is hard to find, as the bolts used are fairly short. If you are unable to find the right length there are two ways of overcoming this. Firstly. if they are only slightly too long use a couple of thick washers under the head of the bolts on the bracket. Otherwise buy a bolt which is too long and cut it to size with a hacksaw - it helps if you put a couple of nuts on the bolt, secure it in a vice to make it easier to use the hacksaw and then clean up the cut end with a metal file. Removing the nuts afterwards helps to clean up the end of the bolt.

Sometimes brackets are sold with suitably sized bolts.

Meatyfool
Lemon Slice

Postby Meatyfool » December 7th, 2017, 11:37 am

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Ben there, done that.

Read the questions/reviews if you don't believe me!!!

Meatyfool..

Return to “Does anyone know?”