Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Interactive Investor

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
peter666

Interactive Investor

Postby peter666 » December 11th, 2017, 10:21 am

have "upgraded" their website. You now need to create a login but all this generates is a system error. Anyone had any luck with this?

stevensfo
Lemon Slice

Re: Interactive Investor

Postby stevensfo » December 11th, 2017, 10:25 am

I updated my details, new password etc last week and had no problem logging in today.

However, I really don't like the new look. Much harder to see everything at a glance. Why oh why do people always have to change things????

Steve

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » December 11th, 2017, 10:36 am

stevensfo wrote:Why oh why do people always have to change things????

Your loss is a gain for the ex TD users, as the "new" website is just a re-skinned version of the TD Direct one.

PitBullCH

Postby PitBullCH » December 11th, 2017, 10:45 am

Can't reset my password as they were never able previously to store my (non-UK) mobile number, and I've been waiting for their helpline to pick up now for 35 minutes - not impressed.

peter666

Postby peter666 » December 11th, 2017, 10:59 am

OK - managed to log in now - but can't find any transaction history to check dividends recently credited

syrio
2 Lemon pips

Postby syrio » December 11th, 2017, 12:41 pm

There isn't any transaction history in the new website.

I think I read that historical transactions would be available in PDF. No idea where that might be though.

Site works ok for me so far. Not that I've done anything other than log in to have a look and check things.

Seems very hard to navigate to my actual account pages, I can't see how to get straight to my ISA, SIPP or trading account. I have to go to the overview page, then select from there.

I don't like the way they show shares, funds and cash separately in each account. i.e. you can't see them all together.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » December 11th, 2017, 2:35 pm

I'll second syrio.

I preferred the log in style of the old ii site.

I would very much like to see the per account cash balance on the overview page. At the moment the overview page gives me total cash but then I have to clickfest through n accounts to find out where it is.

Ditto for seeing shares, funds, cash on one page for any given account.

Clicking any given ticker is taking me to a blank page right now.

I cannot switch between accounts except by going through the overview page. This doubles the journey length.

Losing my historical data from the online platform is less than ideal. That's a serious fail.

The font size is set too large. Need a way of reducing it to see more on a screen.

5/10 so far.

Maybe the TD folks like it but a backwards step from my perspective.

Hope somebody in the iii software team is taking the time to read the feedback .........

regards, dspp

robbelg
2 Lemon pips

Postby robbelg » December 11th, 2017, 3:00 pm

dspp wrote:
I cannot switch between accounts except by going through the overview page. This doubles the journey length.

When you are viewing the details of one account (shares, transactions, whatever) at the top of the page where it tell you the account name and number there is a blue box with a down arrow, click on this for a drop down list of your accounts which will swap you to the same view of your other account(s)

Longtime TD user - I don't like the new colours

Rob

syrio
2 Lemon pips

Postby syrio » December 11th, 2017, 3:09 pm

dspp wrote:I would very much like to see the per account cash balance on the overview page. At the moment the overview page gives me total cash but then I have to clickfest through n accounts to find out where it is.

I'll second that.

dspp wrote:Losing my historical data from the online platform is less than ideal. That's a serious fail.

Agree on this one. They didn't really indicated it very clearly in advance. It's happened to me before with Selftrade, for some reason nobody can be bothered importing historical data into a new system.

dspp wrote:The font size is set too large. Need a way of reducing it to see more on a screen.

There is a View Options menu (the eye symbol next to XRAY) where you can select a Condensed view, and also select what stock name / ticker information is shown. Might help you a bit.

It is a huge waste of space on my 24 inch display, very nearly half the screen is taken up before it manages to display the details of the first stock in my portfolio. And that is with Condensed View on.

BBLSP1
Lemon Pip

Postby BBLSP1 » December 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm

I presume the new login password requirement is for existing ii customers? I am a former TD customer and at present can login with my existing password - No real change other than the badge at the top.

I also do not like constant change, but with familiarity everything can be found on the TD menus.

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » December 11th, 2017, 4:14 pm

dspp wrote:I would very much like to see the per account cash balance on the overview page. At the moment the overview page gives me total cash but then I have to clickfest through n accounts to find out where it is.

click portfolio, then cash balance. That shows balances for each account, but not as a single column.

I suppose the design of the site inherits the feature that at one time you had separate logins for each account. Longstanding TD users got used to managing the taxed account separately from the ISA account or SIPP account.

TedSwippet
Lemon Slice

Postby TedSwippet » December 11th, 2017, 6:21 pm

syrio wrote:
dspp wrote:Losing my historical data from the online platform is less than ideal. That's a serious fail.

Agree on this one. They didn't really indicated it very clearly in advance. It's happened to me before with Selftrade, for some reason nobody can be bothered importing historical data into a new system.

Interactive Investor have reportedly indicated that they expect to migrate historical account data later this week.

Meanwhile, old statements and other docs are available if you go to 'account' > 'document history' and then make the appropriate incantations with the menus on this page.

TedSwippet
Lemon Slice

Postby TedSwippet » December 11th, 2017, 6:37 pm

dspp wrote:The font size is set too large. Need a way of reducing it to see more on a screen.

I suspect this site, like many these days, is targeted at the smartphone users with their itty-bitty little screens, not those of us with macho monitors (such as my 11inch chromebook!).

As already noted by syrio, switching to the 'condensed view' make the whole thing look less SHOUTY on a real computer. If that's insufficient you can usually shrink (or grow) the page's rendering in the browser, for example Chrome or Firefox zoom options.

syrio
2 Lemon pips

Postby syrio » December 11th, 2017, 7:18 pm

I found the II statement on historic transactions that mentions PDF copies here:

http://www.iii.co.uk/future-of-ii/getting-set-up

It says there will be PDF copies of the following

recent contract notes
tax certificates
statement of transactions for each year

And also that you won't be able to get excel versions of your (presumably historic) portfolio info after the 8th December.

I managed to find my PDF copies by

going to account menu -> document history

Select Document Type: Migrated Documents

Enter the date range eg 1/1/1970 to 11/12/2017

GPhelan

Postby GPhelan » December 11th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Hi,
Have just done the same logon / lookaround as others.

What about Reinvestments? The main view does not have a flag to indicate the reinvestment status, which old III had. The Portfolio/Dividend reinvestment menu item brings up a screen showing reinvestment status, with all tick boxes blank, so it looks as if you have to specify these again.
However for me MUCH MORE SIGNIFICANT is that the list of reinvest-able objects is limited to shares ( ITs in my case ). No funds (OEICS) appear in the list. I hope that I have misread this screen because there was nothing in the preliminary material to say that OEICS will cease to be reinvested.

Indeed the 'Getting Set Up' document says that "The majority of Regular Investments and Dividend Reinvestments will continue to be available but a small amount won't. We'll tell you if you are affected". I received no communication.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 14th, 2017, 3:26 pm

I think it's awful. I can't find my way around at all. One needs to be psychic or have endless time, which I don't, to click on all possibilities. I tried to print out my p/f today and it came out totally different from what was on the screen initially: not in alphabetical order, in a strange print, and focussing on the epics rather than the name of the company. All takes up far too much time and I don't want to have to spend ages hunting for a particular share which might be anywhere in the list. Were we told initially that we would be switched to the TD website? I have been too preoccupied with other matters to pay much attention but I thought it was only charges that were changing; can't make sense of those either. I seem to have only been charged £6 commission on shares I bought today.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » December 14th, 2017, 5:14 pm

GPhelan wrote:Hi,
Have just done the same logon / lookaround as others........
However for me MUCH MORE SIGNIFICANT is that the list of reinvest-able objects is limited to shares ( ITs in my case ). No funds (OEICS) appear in the list. I hope that I have misread this screen because there was nothing in the preliminary material to say that OEICS will cease to be reinvested.

Indeed the 'Getting Set Up' document says that "The majority of Regular Investments and Dividend Reinvestments will continue to be available but a small amount won't. We'll tell you if you are affected". I received no communication.

I have a variety of Vanguard index trackers in mine (VUKE, VERX, etc) and they show up OK. Does this help ?

dspp

TedSwippet
Lemon Slice

Postby TedSwippet » December 14th, 2017, 7:48 pm

Bouleversee wrote:I think it's awful. I can't find my way around at all.

Personally I find it reasonably straightforward. It doesn't seem any more convoluted than any other platform site I use.

Bouleversee wrote:I seem to have only been charged £6 commission on shares I bought today.

From email sent round by Interactive Investor a couple of days ago:
A little thank you
We realise a change of trading platform can be unsettling and as a thank you for your patience, all customers who have moved platform over the weekend will be able to trade at our frequent trader rate from 11 December until the end of the month.

Dod101
Lemon Quarter

Postby Dod101 » December 14th, 2017, 7:53 pm

As an ex TD user I have no difficulty with it and you can go back to the old font and layout if you want, at least I can. Transactions can be found on the top left hand button if I remember correctly. It just needs a bit of familiarity.

Dod

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 15th, 2017, 12:02 am

TedSwippet wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:I think it's awful. I can't find my way around at all.

Personally I find it reasonably straightforward. It doesn't seem any more convoluted than any other platform site I use.

Bouleversee wrote:I seem to have only been charged £6 commission on shares I bought today.

From email sent round by Interactive Investor a couple of days ago:
A little thank you
We realise a change of trading platform can be unsettling and as a thank you for your patience, all customers who have moved platform over the weekend will be able to trade at our frequent trader rate from 11 December until the end of the month.

I don't seem to have received that message. So if you have a £10 credit, do you keep £4 of it?

I haven't had problems finding my way round other platforms and I found the ii one so much quicker to use than this TD one. And why should you not be able print out the portfolio in the order it appears when you are viewing instead of just randomly listed in an unappealing font? I don't have any opportunity to stick with that so far as I am aware. Admittedly, at 81 I have not been brought up with computers and find it more difficult to pick up tech stuff.

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”