Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New HYPTUSS versions 11.52 and b-g

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: New HYPTUSS versions 11.52 and b-g

Postby kiloran » January 11th, 2018, 11:58 am

vrdiver wrote:Downloaded HYPTUS 11.52 (Windows 10 64 bit, Excel MS Office 2010) and migrated data with no problems (actually - super easy - thank you for keeping it that way!)

Updated data and all looks good.

As discussed previously, there is a quirk for Co-op 11% pref shares (Epic=42TE), reporting the price in GBp but stating it's in GBP.

Glad you found a solution. I suspect there's a cleaner way to fix it than hard-coding the Epic. I've added it to my To-Do list and will look at it in an idle(??!!) moment

--kiloran

GN100
2 Lemon pips

Postby GN100 » January 11th, 2018, 2:43 pm

The new version works fine for me, Win10 Pro and Office 2007. Thanks again for all the effort you have all put in to this.
Looking around the new Web Financial Group website can anyone see any useful improvement to us in this face lift/change?

I am getting to the stage with several websites where I really just wish they would leave them alone. Barclays Smart Investor was one of the first (and worst) to start me thinking in this way, TD to II wasn't too bad, then our Yahoo price feed was cut, but I can see they just weren't interested in providing a 'freebie' any more and now Digital Look to Financial Group.

GN

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » January 12th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Thanks guys. Got around to a "vanilla" update yesterday for my Full set of shares. Everything worked fine, all tests completed. As usual had to add MCT but the DL page for that does not give any valid data, but never has so fine with that, I can manually add that info. Nearly had a "heart" attack this morning though when my "associated" spreadsheets were no longer picking up the changed prices form the "vanilla" spreadsheet. Be a good idea to save it back to the right place, :oops:

Thanks itsallaguess for your extra help yesterday, will be updating the VB code later so I can get the forecast information working on other spreasheets.

I hope that there are no more major changes as I would prefer to leave my spreadsheets and coding skills alone and let them run without change... :lol:

Raptor.

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Postby JMN2 » January 12th, 2018, 3:23 pm

vrdiver wrote:...

Crude, but it works. Just remember to keep an eye on 42TE in case it increases in value 100-fold some day :)

Crude? Looks very elegant to me.

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » January 12th, 2018, 5:35 pm

JMN2 wrote:
vrdiver wrote:...

Crude, but it works. Just remember to keep an eye on 42TE in case it increases in value 100-fold some day :)

Crude? Looks very elegant to me.

Crude, as in required a hard-coded Epic that, if they fix the error, will introduce a coding error into my copy of HYPTUS :(

Speaking of fixing, with the positive feedback about contacting support at webfg, I've done just that re 42TE price error (as of 30 seconds ago).

I'll report back any response from them.

VRD

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 12th, 2018, 6:01 pm

vrdiver wrote:
Speaking of fixing, with the positive feedback about contacting support at webfg, I've done just that re 42TE price error (as of 30 seconds ago).

VRD

They may be a bit bemused..... HYPTUSS gets price data from Yahoo, not webfg :oops:

I suspect the problem may be due to an error in our (MY!!!) coding. I have not yet had the time to investigate.

--kiloran

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » January 12th, 2018, 6:10 pm

kiloran wrote:
vrdiver wrote:

VRD

They may be a bit bemused..... HYPTUSS gets price data from Yahoo, not webfg :oops:

I suspect the problem may be due to an error in our (MY!!!) coding. I have not yet had the time to investigate.

--kiloran

Luckily webfg seem to have the same error! https://uk.webfg.com/security/24547088

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 12th, 2018, 7:31 pm

vrdiver wrote:
kiloran wrote:
vrdiver wrote:

VRD

--kiloran

Luckily webfg seem to have the same error! https://uk.webfg.com/security/24547088

Idiots! They have obviously copied my code!

--kiloran

JohnnyCyclops
Lemon Slice

Postby JohnnyCyclops » January 13th, 2018, 9:52 am

New version works fine for me, Windows 10 running MS Office Home and Business 2016.

As a side note, I took advice from this board a few months ago with the last big change and moved all my customisations into a wholly seperate workbook called HYP Summary, and then used =VLOOKUP formulas to pull across the 'live' data from the latest/current HYPTUSS. It's just taken around five minutes to reconnect all the links in my HYP Summary workbook. Previously, manually making the customisation changes directly to the HYPTUSS would take an hour or two. I highly recommend this approach, although setting up the HYP Summary sheet initially still took a couple of hours.

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » January 13th, 2018, 10:23 am

JohnnyCyclops wrote:New version works fine for me, Windows 10 running MS Office Home and Business 2016.

As a side note, I took advice from this board a few months ago with the last big change and moved all my customisations into a wholly seperate workbook called HYP Summary, and then used =VLOOKUP formulas to pull across the 'live' data from the latest/current HYPTUSS. It's just taken around five minutes to reconnect all the links in my HYP Summary workbook. Previously, manually making the customisation changes directly to the HYPTUSS would take an hour or two. I highly recommend this approach, although setting up the HYP Summary sheet initially still took a couple of hours.

Manually changing my version of your "HYP Summary" workbook takes about 10 seconds, using "replace all" to update the new HYPTUS name in the formulae. 9 seconds to press CTRL-H and enter the old / new name, and 1 second to update the sheet. I'd hate to think how long it would take to do it manually, with 1,804 cells being updated at the last count! :lol:

JohnnyCyclops
Lemon Slice

Postby JohnnyCyclops » January 13th, 2018, 10:35 am

vrdiver wrote:
JohnnyCyclops wrote:New version works fine for me, Windows 10 running MS Office Home and Business 2016.

Manually changing my version of your "HYP Summary" workbook takes about 10 seconds, using "replace all" to update the new HYPTUS name in the formulae. 9 seconds to press CTRL-H and enter the old / new name, and 1 second to update the sheet. I'd hate to think how long it would take to do it manually, with 1,804 cells being updated at the last count! :lol:

Most of my five minutes was remembering how to do it. When I setup the HYP Summmary I did try to reference the HYPTUSS filename/C Drive location from a single cell in the HYP Summmary, and have all the =VLOOKUPs reference that, but for some reason it didn't like it, so I coded the filename into the =VLOOKUP formula. It also required one change to the HYPTUSS to add an extra column on the right to repeat the full stock name, because I've setup VLOOKUP to reference from the stock ticker code, and this is column 2 in the HYPTUSS, with full stock name sitting to its left in column 1 and thus not able to reference it in the VLOOKUP.

Dochas

Postby Dochas » January 13th, 2018, 5:22 pm

Thanks Kiloran, I am not sure if I am correctly interpreting the PM but the link in the attachment does not seem to lead me to a solution to the problem.
Dochas

Dochas

Postby Dochas » January 15th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Hi Kiloran
Thanks for the PM. However the additional link does not seem to help me solve the problem with the latest Libre office version (assuming I am actually using the PM correctly).

Dochas

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 15th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Dochas wrote:Hi Kiloran
Thanks for the PM. However the additional link does not seem to help me solve the problem with the latest Libre office version (assuming I am actually using the PM correctly).

Dochas

Very strange, I looked at my Sent PMs and can't see the one I sent you, though clearly you received it.

No matter, NeilW has exactly the same problem and after some tests we can see where the problem occurs. Probably due to a faulty LibreOffice implementation (which I've seen before) and/or a problem processing https on Mac OSx. Investigation is ongoing to find a work-around.

--kiloran

Grumpsimus
2 Lemon pips

Postby Grumpsimus » January 15th, 2018, 7:00 pm

I get exactly the same problem as NeilW, updating share prices works but you just get a row of question marks for the yield.

I an using LibreOffice 5.3.7.2 on a Mac with High Sierra 10.13.2. Wonder if it would be worth changing to Open Office.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re:HYPTUSS versions 11.52 and finding funds

Postby Arborbridge » January 16th, 2018, 8:48 am

I'm having trouble finding the following on webfg.

The funds are ITs, JEMI and JETI - that is, jpmorgan emerging markets income, and jpmorgan european income.
JMG is listed but not the income version, and a few other jp Morgan funds, but not these two AFAIK.

Another missing instrument is the ETF, UK dividend aristocrats. UKDV.

Can anyone else find them?

Arb.

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Re: Re:HYPTUSS versions 11.52 and finding funds

Postby vrdiver » January 16th, 2018, 9:09 am

Arborbridge wrote:I'm having trouble finding the following on webfg.

The funds are ITs, JEMI and JETI - that is, jpmorgan emerging markets income, and jpmorgan european income.
JMG is listed but not the income version, and a few other jp Morgan funds, but not these two AFAIK.

Arb.

JEMI: https://uk.webfg.com/equity/JPMorgan_Gl ... come_Trust
JETI: https://uk.webfg.com/equity/JPMorgan_Eu ... ment_Trust
UKDV: https://uk.webfg.com/etf/SSGA_SPDR_ETFS ... t_UCIT_ETF

I found them the old way, via http://www.digitallook.com/companysearch.cgi?

VRD

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » January 16th, 2018, 9:18 am

vrdiver wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

VRD

Oh, thanks. I must have misunderstood, I hadn't realised the webfg address was related to DL.

Arb.

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » January 16th, 2018, 9:27 am

Arb,
I assume they're still in a state of transition. At some point the DL search will be deactivated.

VRD

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 16th, 2018, 2:31 pm

vrdiver wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:I'm having trouble finding the following on webfg.

Arb.

JEMI: https://uk.webfg.com/equity/JPMorgan_Gl ... come_Trust
JETI: https://uk.webfg.com/equity/JPMorgan_Eu ... ment_Trust
UKDV: https://uk.webfg.com/etf/SSGA_SPDR_ETFS ... t_UCIT_ETF

VRD

I've added these to the Digital Look Data Sheet at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
This will be included in future releases of HYPTUSS

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”