Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

January 23rd

Strangeness abounds. No question too obscure
Bink333
Lemon Slice

January 23rd

Postby Bink333 » January 23rd, 2018, 12:52 pm

Dear CBB Widdy Voters.

Today, as you may or may not have noticed is January 23rd. Our dear friends at wikisubscribes would like you to note that this date is slightly more likely to fall on a Monday, Wednesday or Saturday (58 in 400 years each) than on Thursday or Friday (57), and slightly less likely to occur on a Tuesday or Sunday (56).

Today being a Tuesday, therefore makes it a quite remarkable Tuesday, for reasons that many might not have remarked upon and probably still won't.

On this date in 1973 Nixon announced a peace accord with Vietnam. This was very different from the Honda Accord which was first assembled in 1976. The key difference was that you could drive a Honda Accord, albeit not very quickly. The tenth generation of the Honda Accord was unveiled on the 14th July 2017 which was Bastille Day, the anniversary of the French Revolution dating back to 1789.

And that, dear reader, is how the Honda Accord became a direct link between the end of the Vietnam war and the French Revolution.

This has been me, Bink 333 with "Rare Tuesday Facts"

Tune in next rare Tuesday, for some more rare facts.

And now it's over to the News with Salmon Dalekki...

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Re: January 23rd

Postby CryptoPlankton » January 23rd, 2018, 6:38 pm

What a marvellous post to mark this auspicious day - not a blue Monday or medium Wednesday, but a rare Tuesday exceptionally well done.

I actually owned a Honda Accord once upon a time. The most memorable thing about it (apart from the horn playing "La Marseillaise", which has finally been explained thanks to you) was that the sunroof was electric, but the windows were manual - I'm still struggling to come to terms with this after all these years.

I'm pretty sure it's the only car I ever sold on a Tuesday...

MrCPFG
Lemon Pip

Postby MrCPFG » March 2nd, 2018, 11:39 am

I read it on a Friday. Today in fact. Does that make difference?

Fascinating to note that Crypto owned an Accord. I once owned a Civic, and loved it. Everything in it was electric, except the engine, which was petrol. Cornered like a go-kart, apparently.

MrCPFG

MrCPFG
Lemon Pip

Postby MrCPFG » March 2nd, 2018, 11:40 am

Bink333 wrote:
And now it's over to the News with Salmon Dalekki...

So, the fish course is now reading the news? Now that's evolution for you...

MrCPFG

Return to “Land of Off Topic Posts”