Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

TSB switch for £75 each by 4pm tomorrow - five places only

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

TSB switch for £75 each by 4pm tomorrow - five places only

Postby Pipsmum » April 8th, 2018, 5:07 pm

I've got a link for up to five people to be able to make an account switch by tomorrow at 4pm deadline for a free £75 each if successful. None of my family or buddies want it. If you've got a spare account for such switching then this one is a good one. PM me if you want the right link. I can give it to the first five. Don't take it if you won't use it because someone else will.

TSB is a useful account anyway that pays 3% interest on a current balance, plus two available monthly fiver rewards. One for 2xDD's and one for 20 card uses. Equates to about 11% if used well.

Moderator Message:
Redsturgeon: In the spirit of full disclosure, can we ask you to state if you make any gain if people sign up to this?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: TSB switch for £75 each by 4pm tomorrow - five places only

Postby redsturgeon » April 10th, 2018, 9:41 am

There are several similar/better offers available to switch to First Direct, M&S or Halifax. Offering up to £185.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banki ... unts#bonus

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » April 10th, 2018, 9:47 am

Pipsmum wrote:TSB is a useful account anyway that pays 3% interest on a current balance

Only on up to £1500. About 50p a week more than you'd get in a savings account.

Scott.

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » April 10th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Pipsmum wrote:I've got a link for up to five people to be able to make an account switch by tomorrow at 4pm deadline for a free £75 each if successful. None of my family or buddies want it. If you've got a spare account for such switching then this one is a good one. PM me if you want the right link. I can give it to the first five. Don't take it if you won't use it because someone else will.

TSB is a useful account anyway that pays 3% interest on a current balance, plus two available monthly fiver rewards. One for 2xDD's and one for 20 card uses. Equates to about 11% if used well.

Moderator Message:
Redsturgeon: In the spirit of full disclosure, can we ask you to state if you make any gain if people sign up to this?

As per the OP's text (quoted above with my bold/underline), the offer is £75 each (£75 for the OP, £75 for the new customer), hence the need to pm for the relevant link.

A quick google will find offers for mainstream accounts paying £125 - £150, so I suggest DYOR.

VRD

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 10th, 2018, 1:08 pm

vrdiver wrote:
Pipsmum wrote:
I've got a link for up to five people to be able to make an account switch by tomorrow at 4pm deadline for a free £75 each if successful. None of my family or buddies want it. If you've got a spare account for such switching then this one is a good one. PM me if you want the right link. I can give it to the first five. Don't take it if you won't use it because someone else will.

Moderator Message:

As per the OP's text (quoted above with my bold/underline), the offer is £75 each (£75 for the OP, £75 for the new customer), hence the need to pm for the relevant link.

A quick google will find offers for mainstream accounts paying £125 - £150, so I suggest DYOR.

Well I personally think that the '£75 each' is ambiguous enough in relation to the earlier part of the sentence, which says 'for up to five people', that we could easily be confused as to exactly what the 'each' means here, and it's that ambiguity that's likely to cause issues when people think to post these types of offers....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » April 10th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
vrdiver wrote:

Well I personally think that the '£75 each' is ambiguous enough in relation to the earlier part of the sentence, which says 'for up to five people', that we could easily be confused as to exactly what the 'each' means here, and it's that ambiguity that's likely to cause issues when people think to post these types of offers....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Fair enough. And for the avoidance of doubt, my reference to the £125 - £150 offers would be for a single person, switching directly, not a double payment to both the new and existing customers!

VRD

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » April 10th, 2018, 5:45 pm

I remember on the snoozing forum the occasional offer came up via private accounts rather than from a public link, and people offered them to others on the board. This offer was not the best it seems, but better than nothing. For the record, yes it was gain as £75 each for each person both ways and I should have said so more clearly. I did it in a rush before going out. I had to go and look after my mum which took longer than expected, therefore didn't see further messages, so it was just as well nobody wanted it anyway. No offence meant to anyone or this forum.

Also purely for the record, it is a good account to look at anyway, offering not just the 3% up to £1500 but also two flat fivers per month for each of two easy criteria, being 2 x DD and 20 spends on the card. Both easily achieved in a month without much trouble, making £120 a year on top of the 3% for doing diddly fiddly.
Last edited by Pipsmum on April 10th, 2018, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”