Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

DPD Parcel Delivery

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
wheypat
Lemon Slice

DPD Parcel Delivery

Postby wheypat » May 16th, 2018, 7:55 am

They deliver to me quite a lot. Generally I'm very happy with them.

Yesterday I got a text from them. Your parcel will be delivered between 18:18 and 19:18 tonight. Great, I'll be in.

At 18:06 the door bell rings. It's Scott from DPD. He hands over the parcel, scans it and the sodding scanner makes all kinds of beeping noises. Then he shows it to me. Error, parcel not expected until 18:18. Which means he can't deliver it. It's his last parcel of the day, having had a dream day where everyone was in.

So we both have to stand and wait until 18:18 when he can scan it and deliver it.

So I'm in, the parcel was here but computer says no, you may not receive the parcel.

Bloody computers.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: DPD Parcel Delivery

Postby UncleEbenezer » May 16th, 2018, 8:38 am

Hehe. Very good! If you weren't otherwise occupied, did you invite him in for a cuppa tea?

This one-hour time slot is a huge improvement on delivery as-was not so long ago. But this story looks like excessive micromanagement of the poor sod doing the actual deliveries.

wheypat
Lemon Slice

Postby wheypat » May 16th, 2018, 8:50 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:Hehe. Very good! If you weren't otherwise occupied, did you invite him in for a cuppa tea?

This one-hour time slot is a huge improvement on delivery as-was not so long ago. But this story looks like excessive micromanagement of the poor sod doing the actual deliveries.

I did actually - Scott delivers to me quite often so I'm on more than hello/bye terms with him. We had a tea and biscuit while we waited for the clock to tick down.

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » May 16th, 2018, 8:55 am

wheypat wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:Hehe. Very good! If you weren't otherwise occupied, did you invite him in for a cuppa tea?

I did actually - Scott delivers to me quite often so I'm on more than hello/bye terms with him. We had a tea and biscuit while we waited for the clock to tick down.

That was very kind of you. However, it does give Scott a good reason to rock up early with every delivery for you if he thinks there might be tea and biscuts on offer!

Watis

</cynic>

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » May 16th, 2018, 11:11 am

Watis wrote:
wheypat wrote:

That was very kind of you. However, it does give Scott a good reason to rock up early with every delivery for you if he thinks there might be tea and biscuts on offer!

Watis

</cynic>

Indeed :)

Did he arrive early at several of his previous drops as well? (Could be having lots of tea and biscuits) Or somehow make up 12 minutes after the last one?

Return to “Bitter Lemons”