Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

IWeb's New research webpage

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

IWeb's New research webpage

Postby Bouleversee » June 4th, 2018, 7:17 pm

IMO the new websites or web pages recently introduced on most platforms are not as good as the old ones, IWeb's research page in particular does not have anything like as much information readily available on it and I don't trust the information which is given. It certainly varies from other websites. For example, Persimmon is showing as having a yield of 0% although it will be paying 110p p.s. in July, as is shown. In some cases it says dividend cover is 0 or N/A and I noticed today that the stats. for RPC were completely different from those given on HL's site and another I looked at. I couldn't find any analysts comments, trade histories, RNS reports and various things which were on IWeb's old research page. Added to the fact that it logs you out while you are looking at the research page on the basis that you are not using your account (even if you are going back and forth between that and
your portfolio page) it is driving me to despair. I gather they have switched from Digitallook to Morningstar but that seems to have made things worse rather than better.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: IWeb's New research webpage

Postby Bouleversee » June 11th, 2018, 11:31 pm

I have just gone on to IWeb's research page for WH Smith and found the information to be up the creek. For a start, they say the bid price is 2236p and the offer price is 1927p which is ridiculous, especially when they say the day's high is 2062. (HL says bid/offer are 2026/2028). What is the point of having a research page if they can't get the figures right?

They've also removed everything but the book cost for my Fenner shares; presumably the takeover has now gone through but I don't see any evidence of the cash having been received into my account. Hopeless.

nmdhqbc
2 Lemon pips

Postby nmdhqbc » June 12th, 2018, 6:47 am

Seems like there's an epidemic of brokers destroying their websites for no reason. Idiots.

BobGe
2 Lemon pips

Postby BobGe » June 15th, 2018, 2:10 am

Bouleversee wrote:I have just gone on to IWeb's research page for WH Smith and found the information to be up the creek. For a start, they say the bid price is 2236p and the offer price is 1927p which is ridiculous, especially when they say the day's high is 2062. (HL says bid/offer are 2026/2028). What is the point of having a research page if they can't get the figures right?

I think some of this data is being fed by Digital Look*, who have switched their own DL pages to the WFG ones, a very great deal of which are screwed up and they are clearly not interested in doing anything about it. iWeb (HSDL) are probably only interested in getting a data feed for the sake of it (in the most part)** as it's not something they make any money from, so likely they don't care either.

* It's not clear of HSDL what is coming from DL and what is coming from Morningstar - there was an ambiguous statement last time I looked.
** Feeds could also be used to provide other functionality (Tradeplan functions perhaps?), which makes one wonder...

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » June 15th, 2018, 8:38 am

I have been told twice that the information comes from Morningstar now. Used to be Digitallook.

mc2fool
Lemon Quarter

Postby mc2fool » June 15th, 2018, 10:50 am

Bouleversee wrote:I have been told twice that the information comes from Morningstar now. Used to be Digitallook.

Or you could just see what it says at the bottom of every single page on the site...

WebfinancialGroup

The information contained within this website is provided by Web Financial Group, a parent company of Digital Look, unless otherwise stated. The information is not intended to be advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any of the shares, companies or investment vehicles mentioned, nor is it information meant to be a research recommendation.

This is a solution powered by Digital Look Ltd incorporating their prices, data, news, charts, fundamentals and investor tools on this site. Terms and Conditions Prices and trades are provided by Web Financial Group and are delayed by at least 15 minutes.

MORNINGSTAR

The investments’ operational and portfolio data on this website is sourced by Morningstar and is believed to be correct, but cannot be guaranteed. You should check any information you rely upon to make an investment decision to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information. Any views and opinions made by Morningstar do not represent those of IWeb.

https://www.markets.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk/

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » June 15th, 2018, 11:18 am

I'm obviously not very bright because it is still not clear to me who is responsible for what. I was quoting what two of their staff had told me when I was complaining about the errors and omissions on the research pages when I was checking out my holdings. So if we cannot rely on their being accurate, there is no much point in looking at them? Where can we get totally reliable figures?

BobGe
2 Lemon pips

Postby BobGe » June 16th, 2018, 11:52 pm

Bouleversee wrote:I'm obviously not very bright...

I'm assuming mc2's post was 'tongue in cheek'
So if we cannot rely on their being accurate, there is no much point in looking at them?

Quite so.
Where can we get totally reliable figures?

I've not tried it extensively but this was proposed elsewhere. You may like to give it a look.
https://uk.investing.com/

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » June 17th, 2018, 11:24 am

Thanks. Will do.

mc2fool
Lemon Quarter

Postby mc2fool » June 17th, 2018, 12:57 pm

BobGe wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:I'm obviously not very bright...

I'm assuming mc2's post was 'tongue in cheek'

Uh? Not at all. My post was to point out that what she'd "been told twice" doesn't match up with what it actually says on their website, which I'd take as the authoritative source on the matter.

If you look at the whole sentence in her reply, "I'm obviously not very bright because it is still not clear to me who is responsible for what", it seems clear that her self-deprecation refers to the information on the IWeb site on the matter, rather than to my having referred her to it.

@Bouleversee, the way I read it is that:

Digital Look/Web Financial Group provides most of the market information, i.e. that that is "external" to the company itself -- prices, data, news, charts & trades -- whereas...

Morningstar provides the "internal" information -- investments’ operational and portfolio data -- like what shares ETFs, ITs & funds hold, their OCF, premiums/discounts, etc, all of which, of course, only applies to collective investments

(The exception being fundamentals, which is an "internal" but is provided by DL/WFG).

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » June 17th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Yes, I agree that is what it looks like but then their staff don't know what they are talking about because they told me that they had switched from Digitallook and now all the information on the research pages is supplied by Morningstar.

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”