Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Jansport Rucksack - Lifetime Guarantee

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
YeeWo
Lemon Slice

Jansport Rucksack - Lifetime Guarantee

Postby YeeWo » May 20th, 2018, 11:48 am

My last JS rucksack burst it's Zip last week. I ordered another one as I literally can't live without. The new rucksack makes much of the "Lifetime Guarantee" offered by the company, so I could of got my old one replaced gratis. In doing a bit of research though it transpires Jansport don't seem to have a UK address for me to post my old rucksack for replacement! Does anybody know how I can locate a UK address for Jansport? I've looked at companies house and googled extensively, nothing. Seems a bit of a silly idea offering a "Lifetime Guarantee" to UK consumers without a reasonable method of availing oneself of it, no?(!).

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Jansport Rucksack - Lifetime Guarantee

Postby Itsallaguess » May 20th, 2018, 11:59 am

YeeWo wrote:
In doing a bit of research though it transpires Jansport don't seem to have a UK address for me to post my old rucksack for replacement!

Does anybody know how I can locate a UK address for Jansport?

I've looked at companies house and googled extensively, nothing.

Seems a bit of a silly idea offering a "Lifetime Guarantee" to UK consumers without a reasonable method of availing oneself of it, no?(!).

They've got a 'Live Chat' option on their customer-service web-page -

https://www.jansport.com/customer-servi ... l#boldchat

If you click on the icon that looks like this (during US week-day opening hours), then it's likely that someone there will be able to help out -

Although do note that on the above 'Contact Us' page, they do have this to say -

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WARRANTY (outside of U.S. and Canada)

Please contact the regional point of purchase directly for customer service and warranty related questions.

Which seems to suggest that the first port of call regarding any non-US warranty-claim would be with the retailer that you bought the original back-pack from....

It's also going to be worth sending their customer-service team an email, to see if there's anything else they might be able to suggest, if you don't get any joy from the original retailer or the 'Live-Chat' option above -

js_customer_services@vfc.com

Good luck with your quest, and of course I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear how you get on with your claim!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 20th, 2018, 12:04 pm

YeeWo wrote:
In doing a bit of research though it transpires Jansport don't seem to have a UK address for me to post my old rucksack for replacement!

Does anybody know how I can locate a UK address for Jansport? I've looked at companies house and googled extensively, nothing.

Also notice that this tweet from 2014, asking the same type of UK-warranty question, actually received an official reply from JanSport, giving a UK-warranty email address to contact, and saying that they'll be able to sort out the issue -

JanSport

‏Verified account @JanSport

Email jansportwarranty_uk@vfc.com and they will be able to help you out. Let us know if you have any problems!

https://twitter.com/AdamGatrell/status/ ... 0370974720

That now actually sounds like the best route to success if it's coming from JanSport themselves....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

YeeWo
Lemon Slice

Postby YeeWo » July 9th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Posted to Germany at the request of vfc (cost £10), zip duly replaced and posted back to me! My JS rucksacks are going to be Triggers Broom over time.......

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » July 10th, 2018, 4:47 am

YeeWo wrote:
Posted to Germany at the request of vfc (cost £10), zip duly replaced and posted back to me!

My JS rucksacks are going to be Triggers Broom over time.......

Great news, and thanks for coming back to let us know YeeWo - it's always nice to hear the outcome of these types of stories, and what great customer-service you've received.

Triggers-broom indeed!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » July 10th, 2018, 5:54 pm

YeeWo wrote:My JS rucksacks are going to be Triggers Broom over time.......
Oh thank you for reminding me of Trigger's broom. :D I remember seeing a piece of aluminium with a numbered plate riveted to it held up on a stand in a space in a hangar at Duxford. The gap had the placard "[xxx] Restoration Project" (or similar).

Chris

Return to “Does anyone know?”