Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Carillion boss for HS2

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Carillion boss for HS2

Postby Bouleversee » August 10th, 2018, 9:47 am

(May not be the most appropriate board; feel free to move)

An article in this morning's Times says that the former head of UK infrastructure at Carillion has secured a top job on the High Speed Two rail link between B'ham and London. Mark Davies will run a joint venture of Balfour Beatty and Vinci, the French company that won the £2.5bn contract to build the northern end of the first phases of HS2 from Warwickshire into B'ham.

Heaven help us.

Time to sell my ailing Balfour Beatty shares then?

Crazbe7
2 Lemon pips

Re: Carillion boss for HS2

Postby Crazbe7 » August 10th, 2018, 11:03 am

Perhaps this will ease your concerns.

Mark is a Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers, with over 30 years’ experience in the Rail, Highways, Water and Nuclear sectors. He began his career with Henry Boot Engineering, spending 17 years at Birse Civils (now Balfour Beatty) before joining Alfred McAlpine. When that business was acquired by Carillion in 2008, he assumed a number of business leadership roles, culminating in his most recent role as Managing Director of Carillion’s UK Infrastructure business.

He is known to Balfour Beatty through recent JVs at Manchester Smart Motorway, A14 and Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.

Half year results out next week for Balfour Beatty.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » August 10th, 2018, 11:27 am

I somehow think that Bouleversee's fears will not be allayed.....10 years at "C"...plenty of time for him to have jumped ship....or maybe he didn't know of the book cooking?

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » August 10th, 2018, 11:48 am

his most recent role as Managing Director of Carillion’s UK Infrastructure business

(Yes), Surely in that role he should have had an idea of what was cooking!!

Moderator Message:
It would be unfortunate if this thread degenerated into a libellous attack on a named individual, namely Mr Davies. Posters will doubtless want to reflect on that before adding to this thread. -- MDW1954

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » August 10th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Moderator Message:
This thread does need to be moved as not really a topic for here but where to? PD perhaps.Suggestions while I have a look at the available boards. Thanks, in advance. Raptor.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » August 10th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Raptor wrote:PD perhaps

You called? ;)

Suggestions while I have a look at the available boards. Thanks, in advance. Raptor.

On the basis that Carillion and Balfour Beatty have both been shares which have been selected in the past, how about High Yield Portfolios (HYP) - Practical, in so far as the discussion will centre on Balfour Beatty.

PD

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » August 10th, 2018, 2:46 pm

PinkDalek wrote:

You called? ;)

Suggestions while I have a look at the available boards. Thanks, in advance. Raptor.

On the basis that Carillion and Balfour Beatty have both been shares which have been selected in the past, how about High Yield Portfolios (HYP) - Practical, in so far as the discussion will centre on Balfour Beatty.

PD

That makes sense to me PD. ;) Balfour Beatty get a few mentions here.

Ian.

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » August 10th, 2018, 2:47 pm

PinkDalek wrote:

You called? ;)

PD

Will leave here for now as this really does not seem to fit anywhere else! As long as the discussion is around how it affects Balfour Beatty and keeps away from "Politics" of the appointment.

Raptor.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”