Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

HYP Selection Websites

Discussions regarding financial software
idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: HYP Selection Websites

Postby idpickering » September 1st, 2018, 2:31 pm

Snorvey wrote:I haven't researched (or bought) any new shares for a while, but I'm looking to do so soon.

My traditional go to was The Bank of Scotland MarketWatch website, that allowed me to screen share on yield, PE, cover etc. That seems to have go now and Digital Look (where I think they drew they're data from seems to have done away with all the screening stuff, heat maps and so on.

Any other popular options? I've downloaded the HYPTUSS software, but I need to sit down and familiarise myself with it.

Hi Snorvey, I still use the screener at digitallook, which is more than adequate for my needs. See;

http://www.digitallook.com/dlmedia/inve ... s/screener

Hope that helps,

Ian.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » September 1st, 2018, 2:48 pm

Check out SimplyWallStreet (SWS)- if you supply your email address you can assess potential candidates (10 per month in the free version).

So, after having done your initial screening and perhaps having half a dozen candidates, it's worth a look at SWS - it often highlights many things that are not apparent from simple checks. It has stopped me from buying what I thought were "opportunities" (when they weren't).

(I actually subscribe).

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 1st, 2018, 2:57 pm

Try this: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... se350.html

A simple Excel/LibreOffice spreadsheet with lots of data for the FTSE350, which you can filter any way you want.
I updated it for the end of August data a few hours ago

--kioran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » September 1st, 2018, 3:03 pm

Snorvey wrote:...And apparently I do have a login for it. Somewhere.

Yes, a free registration is needed to get access to creating/saving your own screens, or creating watchlists or portfolios where you can see heatmaps, etc.

http://www.digitallook.com/registration

There's a paid-for option at £20/month. I'm not suggesting you pay for the extras, just pointing out that some do. As a source of profits, the service is (one would hope) less likely to disappear overnight.

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » September 1st, 2018, 3:56 pm

Moderator Message:
Moving to "financial software" with shadow left. Raptor.

Gostevie
2 Lemon pips

Postby Gostevie » September 1st, 2018, 9:31 pm

Hi Snorvey, I still use the screener at digitallook, which is more than adequate for my needs. See;

http://www.digitallook.com/dlmedia/inve ... s/screener

Hope that helps,

Ian.

I agree with Ian, with the caveat that the data on Digital Look does need verifying before making any decisions as it does contain errors - which is fair enough for a free service.

Gostevie

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » September 3rd, 2018, 12:47 pm

Snorvey wrote:See the blue buttons on the 'Help' page? They (i.e. Update Price from Yahoo / DT) don't seem to work for me (using Open Office on W7)

Works for me (Libre Office/W10). Have you set the security options in your Open Office to allow macros? I have mine set to 'Medium: Confirmation required before executing macros from untrusted sources'. Anything higher than that will disable the macros in this spreadsheet.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 3rd, 2018, 12:50 pm

Snorvey wrote:
kiloran wrote:Try this: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... se350.html

A simple Excel/LibreOffice spreadsheet with lots of data for the FTSE350, which you can filter any way you want.

--kioran

See the blue buttons on the 'Help' page? They (i.e. Update Price from Yahoo / DT) don't seem to work for me (using Open Office on W7)

Any thoughts?

Ta.

I suspect you haven't enabled macros on OpenOffice.
TOOLS/OPTIONS/OPENOFFICE/SECURITY/MACRO SECURITY and set to Medium.
I think you may need to restart OpenOffice.

Now the bad news.....
I just tried it and got an error when I tried to update prices from Yahoo, using OpenOffice Portable 4.1.3 on Windows 7. Works fine when using LibreOffice. I know it used to work on OpenOffice, so something must have changed.
I'm sure it won't be too hard to fix, so hopefully I'll have an update available later today.

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 4th, 2018, 12:55 pm

kiloran wrote:
Snorvey wrote:
kiloran wrote:Try this: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... se350.html

--kioran

See the blue buttons on the 'Help' page? They (i.e. Update Price from Yahoo / DT) don't seem to work for me (using Open Office on W7)

Any thoughts?

Ta.

I suspect you haven't enabled macros on OpenOffice.
TOOLS/OPTIONS/OPENOFFICE/SECURITY/MACRO SECURITY and set to Medium.
I think you may need to restart OpenOffice.

Now the bad news.....
I just tried it and got an error when I tried to update prices from Yahoo, using OpenOffice Portable 4.1.3 on Windows 7. Works fine when using LibreOffice. I know it used to work on OpenOffice, so something must have changed.
I'm sure it won't be too hard to fix, so hopefully I'll have an update available later today.

--kiloran

OK Snorvey, I've updated the OpenOffice/LibreOffice version to 1.21 at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... se350.html

This should resolve the problem running in on OpenOffice

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”