Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

The Lemon fool previously known as Melanie.....

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

The Lemon fool previously known as Melanie.....

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 1st, 2018, 5:23 pm

....is now operating under the userid of TheMotorcycleBoy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086216/ch ... /nm0000620

Due to popular demand, Matt (me) will post under this name. My wife Mel, who posts a lot less frequently, if given to post, will sign off as "Mel" or some such. But I'd imagine she'll make her presence quite obvious, due a higher emoji count per post.

Matt

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Lemon fool previously known as Melanie.....

Postby Watis » October 2nd, 2018, 8:55 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:....is now operating under the userid of TheMotorcycleBoy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086216/ch ... /nm0000620

Due to popular demand, Matt (me) will post under this name. My wife Mel, who posts a lot less frequently, if given to post, will sign off as "Mel" or some such. But I'd imagine she'll make her presence quite obvious, due a higher emoji count per post.

Matt

A bit outside the box perhaps, but how about you each have your own userids?

Just a thought.

Watis

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Postby MaraMan » October 2nd, 2018, 9:27 am

I think that is what he is saying ;)

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » October 2nd, 2018, 9:35 am

MaraMan wrote:I think that is what he is saying ;)

No, I don't think it is.

Scott.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 2nd, 2018, 10:08 am

Ha ha! No we don't want two userids, guys.

We think one LF account is plenty for one household :lol: .

The back story is that Mel formed the account back in March or something, because the plan was that I was gonna be a lazy bloke, and Mel in any of her spare time was going to kind of be, the "Portfolio manager", to slowly move our savings from stupid bank accounts where they lose to inflation, and give the bank credit etc. over to investments.

Now Mel, is pretty bright and sensible and all, but she's kind of got inundated with this task along with everything else, 2 parttime jobs, 2 fulltime teenage daughters, house, garden etc. etc. So I started to dive in more and more into a lot the posts, and then got quite interested in researching the whole shenanighans more and more....

I personally, wasn't too bothered posting as Matt or Mel etc. as I've always been very in touch with my female side :lol: metaphorically speaking. But it appears that some others didn't like that too much (I'm not elaborating any further) so a namechange as mentioned in the OP, was the agreed resolution.

And besides TheMotorcycleBoy is a very cool name, agreed? I'm assuming all you hip and happening peeps have seen Rumble Fish.....

Matt

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » October 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:I personally, wasn't too bothered posting as Matt or Mel etc. as I've always been very in touch with my female side :lol: metaphorically speaking. But it appears that some others didn't like that too much (I'm not elaborating any further)

So there was an account with a female handle under which both a lad and a lass posted and which, some people didn't like, presumably and implicit from your comment, 'cos they felt a bloke posting under a female handle was somehow misleading and/or confusing and/or something...

So you've changed it to an account with a male handle under which both a lad and a lass will post and which, what, everyone will like 'cos nobody will feel a lass posting under a male handle is the same? (If they gave a hoot in the first place.)

So if at some point Mel finds more time and Matt reverts to being "a lazy bloke" are you going to rename the account again, to reflect the gender of the majority poster?

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Ha ha! No we don't want two userids, guys.

We think one LF account is plenty for one household :lol: .

They are free you know, and while I don't give a hoot about the gender matter I was sometimes bemused about who was actually posting -- and a signature at the bottom only clarifies that when you read the post and get to the bottom (unless the signature is "M&M" of course!).

I really don't see the problem with having an account each, which would solve both the gender "issue" and the "which of them is it this time" issue. While I'm sure it's happened somewhere sometime, I personally don't remember ever seeing a "joint" forum account before; one person per account seems a very reasonable rule (and one account per person of course).

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 2nd, 2018, 12:39 pm

I guess you didn't read the OP thoroughly mc2fool. That is....

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:...My wife Mel, who posts a lot less frequently, if given to post, will sign off as "Mel" or some such. But I'd imagine she'll make her presence quite obvious, due a higher emoji count per post.

mc2fool wrote:I really don't see the problem with having an account each, which would solve both the gender "issue" and the "which of them is it this time" issue. While I'm sure it's happened somewhere sometime, I personally don't remember ever seeing a "joint" forum account before; one person per account seems a very reasonable rule (and one account per person of course).

There is no gender issue. Not from where I stand. Neither which one of us it is. We are both in it for the same reason....and given how things are, that is a married couple managing the same pot of money, having content in two separate accounts would be fundamentally stupid!!

But seriously people, I don't want a row. I'm just communicating what happened, which I feel obliged to do.

Why some of you have an issue with this, really is beyond me. I guess it just happened on the ol' PD forums, and some got feathers ruffled with what I said, views which Mel completely shares.

It's really strange that none of this went down, when we just posted on the pure investment side of things......but clearly once politics gets a mention then a whole bunch of peeps lose their objectivity.

I have unsubscribed to this thread now.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » October 2nd, 2018, 2:00 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:I guess you didn't read the OP thoroughly mc2fool. That is....
TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:...My wife Mel, who posts a lot less frequently, if given to post, will sign off as "Mel" or some such. But I'd imagine she'll make her presence quite obvious, due a higher emoji count per post.

Not only did I read the OP thoroughly but I directly addressed that point in my post, saying "a signature at the bottom only clarifies that when you read the post and get to the bottom (unless the signature is "M&M" of course!)", so I don't think it's me that's not read posts thoroughly. :roll:

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:There is no gender issue.

As I said, I don't give a hoot about that, but it was you that brought up gender and implied that there was an issue amongst some people, "I personally, wasn't too bothered posting as Matt or Mel etc. as I've always been very in touch with my female side :lol: metaphorically speaking. But it appears that some others didn't like that too much".

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Why some of you have an issue with this, really is beyond me. I guess it just happened on the ol' PD forums, and some got feathers ruffled with what I said, views which Mel completely shares.

It's really strange that none of this went down, when we just posted on the pure investment side of things

I don't post on PD. My comment about being sometimes bemused about who was actually posting referred to "Melanie's" posts on the investment forums.

In any case, I just don't see how changing the user name has changed anything, in reality. What exactly is the problem that a change of username is the solution to?

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 2nd, 2018, 2:16 pm

I responded to moderation reports, which are private, and the name change was the most palatable option to us. I send out this post to announce that very simple fact.

This is getting really really boring.

Unless people actually have something positive to say will they please divert their energies elsewhere.

Thank you

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » October 2nd, 2018, 2:30 pm

I've already made my positive and constructive suggestion on this matter: one person per account seems a very reasonable rule (and one account per person of course).

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » October 2nd, 2018, 2:32 pm

For avoidance of doubt, this has been agreed by Admin I.e. the management, so is not up for discussion.

For all who are worried about who is posting, assume that it is Matt. If Mel posts she will sign off with her name so you all know.

Thanks

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”