Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hurricane Energy (HUR)

Dierich

Re: Hurricane Energy (HUR)

Postby Dierich » September 22nd, 2018, 8:33 pm

Hello everyone

First post on TLF - but been investing a while, don't know much about technicalities of industries or accounts but trying to learn what l can. Most experts are dimwits anyway, Gordon Brown - the banks - CLLN - being prime examples...

At the end of the day HUR are drilling in 2019 so not long to wait another of my comps with potential.

Never go all in, best advice ever - LOFL

pijoe1212

Postby pijoe1212 » September 23rd, 2018, 9:21 pm

evening Dspp
Thks for your comments … as always valuable and considered input. I would have to agree I see limited selection of stocks that one could consider “ buy and hold” over a 3 to 5 year view (I take my timeline from 2017 so the clock is ticking on the specific and macro oil price).
part 2 will follow on my views on how Hur stock is valued- and more importantly what triggers a re-rate to the "ultimate 2P&2C" value.

dierich. so there is life after LSE death! LOL. hope the ALE is good and your having fun

Dierich

Postby Dierich » September 24th, 2018, 8:54 pm

pijoe

I chat with 2 posters on another site, have tracked them down and met them in person - very nice folk too..

Stopped at Travelodge Middlewich but IH's dentists surgery would of been closed as it was Saturday...

UKOG SP not doing too well lately despite all them tankers going in and out, l'm in there - not too much...

All the best...

Retiree

Postby Retiree » September 29th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Global 1201 no longer moored ahead of AM. AM sailing tomorrow for sea trials?

Dierich

Postby Dierich » September 29th, 2018, 11:17 pm

pijoe

Ever wanna meet up its no problem, just don't expect anything flash, my nickname at school was Flash...

pijoe1212

Postby pijoe1212 » October 1st, 2018, 9:25 pm

(i hope this post is ok with the TLF moderators!)

die: would be great to meet up..i travel widely in the uk...devon last week..yorkshire and birm this week...and flying south shortly air *anker..

email me (peteb3**@ gmail.com)...

joe

Retiree

Postby Retiree » October 1st, 2018, 10:13 pm

Aarhus, an oil products tanker, now moored alongside AM. Transferring oil prior to sea trials?

Carcosa
Lemon Slice

Postby Carcosa » October 2nd, 2018, 6:06 am

As originator of this thread I had hoped that participants would only post relevant investor related information.

If anyone wishes to pass personal messages then use the private messenging system.

As for the irrelevant investor related guesses/speculation regarding the FPSO then perhaps other forums would be a better option to post such trivia.

Notwithstanding the above should the ship sink, or not be able to accomplish its planned mission for some reason that would likely cause first oil to slip into Q4 or later then that would be worthy of discussion.

Thanks.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » October 4th, 2018, 8:49 am

RNS out today confirming the normal pattern of CA selling into a rise with their holding reduced from 5.77% to 4.75%.

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/ ... id=1195579
or
https://www.hurricaneenergy.com/communi ... ws-service

regards, dspp

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » October 6th, 2018, 12:32 pm

The AM has moved off the pier, according to AIS and at a believable 2 knots:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 45/zoom:14

Retiree

Postby Retiree » October 6th, 2018, 9:30 pm

"Under sail" I love it!

Carcosa
Lemon Slice

Postby Carcosa » October 7th, 2018, 5:37 am

So what? Things are on schedule. Why bother mentioning something that has been planned and advised to investors many months ago?

Some people should get a life.

JimJam

Postby JimJam » October 7th, 2018, 8:31 am

If you are not interested in discussion of one of the biggest milestones then why are you reading this BB?

RT planned and advised that we will be sucking 17000 bpd out of the floor soon. I assume you are also not interested in updates and discussion on that too? As its been planned then its a certainty and so unworthy of discussion yes?

Idiot

As stated. Get some joy.

JimJam

Postby JimJam » October 7th, 2018, 11:12 am

:D :D

Carcosa
Lemon Slice

Postby Carcosa » October 7th, 2018, 11:35 am

JimJam wrote:If you are not interested in discussion of one of the biggest milestones then why are you reading this BB?

Perhaps you are a newbie here and unaware that I was the one who started this BB thread. A certain amount of effort was made to encourage discussions which are substantive in nature. Tittle-tattle comments can be posted on ADVFN and elsewhere.

The boat is just one of numerous milestones. Whilst important, I would not characterise the AM as one of the 'biggest milestones' at all. Unless there is a considerable delay in the schedule, or another problem that affects its performance or operation then there is nothing noteworthy for investors that can arise from tracking a ship at sea. If anything substantive associated with the ship occurs then no doubt HUR will issue an RNS accordingly; such as its actual sail-away date.

Finally, please do not clutter-up this BB with your pointless emojis. Better to have a infrequently used BB containing useful information than a place to aire your inflated ego. If you have anything specific to say to any user then there is a private messaging facility.

Badders

Postby Badders » October 7th, 2018, 12:52 pm

I have been a Hurricane shareholder since 2014 and have been reading this board and others for the last 4 years with interest but generally without comment. I have to sat Carcosa that you come across as being very arrogant. The fact that you started this thread does not give you the right to censor it. I personally find the comments regarding the FPSO both interesting and relevant and your comments unhelpful and arrogant. :x :x

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » October 7th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Milestones come, and milestones go. Some are met on time, some early, some late, and some never. Noting their arrival and achievement (or not) is a fair thing to do, especially if they are material in nature. But equally let's not get carried away either with the event, or with the commentary about the commentary. We all share these boards together please, irrespective of who starts any given thread.

regards, dspp

Moderator Message:
I've not edited anyone's posts. Could everyone just chill please. And apologies if I upset anyone. dspp

Carcosa
Lemon Slice

Postby Carcosa » October 10th, 2018, 7:12 am

Today Crystal Amber provided the following commentary regarding their now 5.0% (5.8%) holding in Hurricane:

"Over the period, Hurricane reported continued good progress with its Lancaster Early Production System ("Lancaster EPS") and announced Spirit Energy's ("Spirit") farm-in to 50% of the Greater Warwick Area ("Warwick").

Hurricane's Lancaster EPS remains on time and on budget for first oil in early 2019. Well completion operations concluded in July, the mooring system was installed in August and the subsea infrastructure was completed in September. The infrastructure is now ready to connect with the Aoka Mizu, the floating production storage and offloading vessel. The vessel's upgrade is concluding in Dubai and its arrival and commissioning is expected over the coming months.

We believe that the deal with Spirit is transformational for Hurricane. As Warwick had only been drilled once by Hurricane, in 2016, it was behind
Lancaster in the appraisal and development process. Spirit's commitment of $387m to a detailed three-year work programme aims to rectify this. It targets an initial development of 500m barrels of reserves. To achieve this goal, rig contracts have been signed to drill three horizontal wells in 2019, fully funded by Spirit. Long lead items have been ordered so that in 2020 one of those wells will be tied back to the Aoka Mizu FPSO for production appraisal. As with the Lancaster EPS, this step will enable collection of additional reservoir data ahead of full field development. It is expected to leverage Hurricane's Lancaster EPS infrastructure, and so generate incremental revenues at little additional cost.

The Fund is pleased that Spirit's commitments validate Hurricane's belief that Warwick is an analogue of Lancaster, with a similarly large resource base. With this deal, the cash expected to be generated by the Lancaster EPS will now be available to further the appraisal of the Greater Lancaster Area, where Hurricane retains a 100% interest.

Hurricane's share price rose by 23.2% over the period. During the quarter, the Fund reduced its holding in Hurricane by 23% realising profits of GBP9 million. These sales, into market demand, provide the Fund with the flexibility to repurchase in the event of general stock market weakness."

So nothing new, although a nice wrap up of recent events. If you wanted to put a positive spin on it, the implication is that they will be buyers once again should the share price decline due general stock market weakness, affording some element of downside protection (45p???)

FabianBjornseth
Lemon Pip

Postby FabianBjornseth » October 10th, 2018, 10:58 am

The way Hurricane and Crystal Amber discuss Warwick (the prospect, not the Greater Warwick Area), it is treated as a fact that the volumes are there. However, it has a status as a prospect in the CPR, and the only well penetration in GWA has been in Lincoln. I understand that the geological probability of success is very high, as two horizontal producers are already being planned for next year. But if finding oil with those producers are a virtual certainty, why is not already recognized as a discovery confirmed by the Lincoln well? This is probably nitpicking, but there seems to be some inconsistency here that confuses me.

PeterGray
Lemon Slice

Postby PeterGray » October 10th, 2018, 12:36 pm

I think in the quote from CA above they mean the GWA where they talk about "Warwick"

e.g. they say "As Warwick had only been drilled once by Hurricane".

So clearly there is uncertainty about what's under Warwick itself, though there is clearly a source and the geology looks good, but there is proven oil in the GWA.

Peter

Return to “Oil & Gas & Energy (Sector & Companies)”