Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Meaning of the term Capitalisation

Analysing companies' finances and value from their financial statements using ratios and formulae
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Re: Meaning of the term Capitalisation

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 11th, 2018, 5:51 am

Charlottesquare wrote:
gryffron wrote:Very high value individual shares makes it harder for small investors to buy into the company. Such as your NXT problem.

Gryff

Like Berkshire Hathaway A shares at $323,000 per share, showing down $12,630 today as I type. :D

How inconsiderate of Warren!!

dealtn
Lemon Half

Re: Meaning of the term Capitalisation

Postby dealtn » October 11th, 2018, 11:11 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Thanks Gryf and Alaric,

Yes NXT is clothing/fashion accessories retailer. I know a little about them (more than our other investments), mother-in-law has worked there for about 15 years! They are gradually moving more and more into online, and in my naive view have a highly profitable card scheme which customers link to both online and instore sales. Plus it's a well known brand. Well if we get spare cash and we think it's worthwhile it's probably a case of a top-up not DRIP.

Matt

It's a little way off for you, and wouldn't be the reason to own the shares in the first place, but owning 100 shares entitles you to a shareholder perk of a 25% off voucher once a year too. (At the margin it's better for one person to own 100 shares, say, than for a couple to have 50 each, and similarly a couple to own 100 each rather than one with 200).

Might be relevant for others that didn't know.

Return to “Company Analysis”