Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

GFRD announcements

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
daveh
Lemon Quarter

GFRD announcements

Postby daveh » November 8th, 2018, 8:27 am

There were a couple of Galliford Try announcements yesterday that haven't been put up here.

www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=2 ... 6626G&fe=1

A contract win on the roads which may be the same as for Balfour Beaty

Trading Statement
www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=2 ... 6607G&fe=1

Everything in line with expectations except another £20million thrown at the AWPR and still no opening date (maybe December, but I'm not holding my breath).

Also they aren't opening the Stonehaven to Craibston section which is complete and could be opened now which is p'ing off us locals and the politicians. If they open that section the road would be open bar the very short section that includes bridge that wasn't built properly and it would connect the A90 to A96 so the Aberdeen bypass section would be open.

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: GFRD announcements

Postby monabri » November 8th, 2018, 8:54 am

Another £20m for cost-to-complete...what is wrong with this company? I wonder if they'll come tapping shareholders again for more money?

The additional concern is that they've won another road contract... was the bid put together using the same method as the bid for the Aberdeen peripheral route and have they underbid?

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Postby AndyPandy » November 8th, 2018, 9:18 am

I did a double take when I saw the share price this morning, thinking they were connected as I hadn't seen the announcements yesterday.

A quick check of the Dividend calendar then allowed me to calm down somewhat....

Crazbe7
2 Lemon pips

Postby Crazbe7 » November 8th, 2018, 4:23 pm

monabri wrote:Another £20m for cost-to-complete...what is wrong with this company? I wonder if they'll come tapping shareholders again for more money?

The additional concern is that they've won another road contract... was the bid put together using the same method as the bid for the Aberdeen peripheral route and have they underbid?

New road 'contracts' with Highways England totally different form of contract and risk profile to Aberdeen.

Crazbe 7

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”