Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Bonnie Scotland

place to discuss doing things round and about the UK or to ask advice about other locations
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bonnie Scotland

Postby kiloran » November 7th, 2016, 11:17 am

Since it's a travel Lounge, not sure politics really fits in. I think we need a new board for politics and other serious(?) stuff

--kiloran

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 7th, 2016, 11:29 am

I've suggested separate boards @ Lemon Lounge for Lemonfool Socials (London and outside London, that's what we have on TMF. "Outside London" normally means Edinburgh these days...)
I don't think they fit under 'Travel'

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » November 7th, 2016, 11:38 am

kiloran wrote:Since it's a travel Lounge, not sure politics really fits in. I think we need a new board for politics and other serious(?) stuff

Wouldn't blame Clariman and stooz if they gave those boards a wide swerve. I can imagine they took a disproportionate amount of moderators time, and for what? I won't say what I've previously described LoST as it probably wasn't very nice, but I think it's safer to say positions were entrenched, and everyone seemed intent on carrying on digging, rather than climbing out for a game of footy in no man's land.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » November 7th, 2016, 4:37 pm

Snorvey wrote:Shall we discuss anything Scottish here, for Socials to Politics to general questions......or do we need seperate boards?

As it is in the Travel Lounge, I would see Around the UK ans more like a Holiday Ideas & Advice UK, or even British Isles to be more inclusive, rather than other stuff.

But I may be wrong. Often am.

Slarti

bionichamster
Lemon Slice

Postby bionichamster » November 7th, 2016, 5:33 pm

Wouldn't blame Clariman and stooz if they gave those boards a wide swerve. I can imagine they took a disproportionate amount of moderators time, and for what? I won't say what I've previously described LoST as it probably wasn't very nice, but I think it's safer to say positions were entrenched, and everyone seemed intent on carrying on digging, rather than climbing out for a game of footy in no man's land.

Given the current situation re the big move, and while we are basking in a period of relative togetherness and community spirit I suggest we try to keep that going a wee bit longer and give the politics boards a miss at least for a while. Once everyone has fallen out about property crashes, TA, HYP tinkering and breadmakers, THEN we can start arguing about politics!

BH

KingMcKong

Postby KingMcKong » November 7th, 2016, 6:33 pm

As the Fool who took responsibility for organising Scottish Socials in Edinburgh for over a decade, I have requested a 'Lemon Fool Socials' Board, which will cover ALL UK social gatherings.

The division of 'London' and 'NOT London' was really quite unhelpful when planning, because it meant in order to get attention from those south of the border (who were always made welcome up here) one needed to cross-post.

A single Board will allow any UK social to be followed via its heading.

TMF never had that many Socials and the Mello events run by carmensfella became a separate exercise, so a single Board should suffice and keep such activities in one easily accessed place.

Once a Socials Board is established I shall be happy to continue to pull Socials in Edinburgh together, and hope to organise one in December or early in the New Year

KMcK

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 7th, 2016, 7:01 pm

Hi KmcK,
I think the division was due to the 'London' socials being the official TMF sponsored events initially. I agree a single social board would make sense, as long as people put the location in the thread title. Saves me having to remember to cross post the London details!
Not here though - Lemon Lounge or elsewhere

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » November 7th, 2016, 7:36 pm

I will sort out the categories Soon and move posts around to be in their proper home too. Nothing gets lost.

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 8th, 2016, 10:10 am

No hurry! I have to sort out a 'spring' social for London at some point - probably July 2017....

mickeypops
2 Lemon pips

Postby mickeypops » November 8th, 2016, 12:48 pm

Snorvey wrote:I was kinda hoping that folk from different parts of the UK would set up their own sub boards. As for Scottish politics, is it really that important?

As a Glaswegian I'm happy to report that I've had enough politics to last several lifetimes over the last couple of years.....

Flure

Postby Flure » January 9th, 2017, 1:08 pm

The Isle of Skye is a bonnie place to visit.

Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Postby Halicarnassus » April 8th, 2017, 12:31 am

I'm Glasgow/Scotland bound in December this year. It would be nice to catch up for a wee dram at a KingMcKong social. No point talking about investing though; it has just cost be ten grand for tickets :cry:

Return to “Around the UK”