Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Loss cutting thread

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Loss cutting thread

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » December 13th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Hi folks,

What is going to be the best forum to create a thread to discuss and hear people's critique about me and Mel's decision to fairly recently to sell at a loss two holdings, not because they had solely lost value, but because we decided that the underlying profitability seemed to have been wounded by recent events/discoveries etc.

I wondered firstly "Share ideas" because quite a few people read that board, or "Investment strategies" because, I guess, that's what loss-cutting is, but I also thought that "Company analysis" because the reason behind the portfolio exits in both cases, was a perception that the company's profitability does seem to be what we first imagined it was when we initially purchased. But I'm obviously open to other suggestions....

thanks
Matt

dspp
Lemon Half

Re: Loss cutting thread

Postby dspp » December 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm

My best guess is share ideas if they are primarily share-specific. Or Investment strategies if it is more generic issues.

regards, dspp

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » December 14th, 2018, 8:24 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:What is going to be the best forum...
Wherever you choose to post it I don't think anyone would object too much to your posting a link to it on other forums if you think there may be an overlap of interest.

Regards,
Chris

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 16th, 2018, 8:49 am

csearle wrote:
TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:What is going to be the best forum...
Wherever you choose to post it I don't think anyone would object too much to your posting a link to it on other forums if you think there may be an overlap of interest.

Regards,
Chris

I find it annoying to read a post that does nothing more than point me elsewhere here. If it's of interest, chances are I'll have seen the real thing. Crossposting is one of those Usenet things that PHPBB (along with most other web-based software) fails utterly to implement.

In the case of Lemonfool, we have moderators who are thoroughly activist, and will move an entire thread if they think it more appropriate somewhere else. My suggestion would be, just pick somewhere that seems reasonable to post, and let things take their course from there.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » December 16th, 2018, 8:57 am

Well I posted it in Share ideas eventually. This is it:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15271

I would certainly welcome any constructive feedback, and if a mod. believes that the thread should be moved, I'm more than happy for that to happen.

thanks, Matt

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”