Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Halfords - FY19 Q3 Trading Update

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Halfords - FY19 Q3 Trading Update

Postby idpickering » January 10th, 2019, 7:09 am

Key points for the 14-week period

· Group revenue -1.7% LFL, with +1.4% growth in Autocentres offset by -2.2% LFL in Retail, reflecting the impact of mild weather and weak consumer confidence

· Retail Motoring sales -3.4% reflecting declines in weather-related and discretionary products and services, partially offset by growth in non-weather-related motoring consumables

· Retail Cycling sales were broadly flat at -0.3% LFL on a strong comparative of +8%. Growth in cycle accessories and children's cycling was offset by a decline in the more discretionary and bigger-ticket adult bikes

· Autocentres LFL +1.4%, reflecting broad based growth in services and maintenance work. Continued good progress on operational improvements

· Group online sales, which represent 20% of total sales, grew +7.5% with over 80% of Halfords.com orders collected in store

https://www.investegate.co.uk/halfords- ... 00076830M/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Halfords - FY19 Q3 Trading Update

Postby idpickering » January 10th, 2019, 8:36 am

Ouch! Halfords down 23% as I type. Anyone tempted? Certainly not one for me.

Ian.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » January 10th, 2019, 8:57 am

idpickering wrote:Ouch! Halfords down 23% as I type. Anyone tempted? Certainly not one for me.

Ian.

That seems rather a large drop for what from the headlines in the OP don't seem that bad a set of results - not brilliant but how does a drop in sales of ~2% translate to a 23% drop in share price?

Not one for me as I said elsewhere I'm staying away from retail. Looks to be difficult times for retail with a lot of competition and a lot of discounting that will be impacting margins.

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » January 10th, 2019, 9:03 am

daveh wrote:
idpickering wrote:Ouch! Halfords down 23% as I type. Anyone tempted? Certainly not one for me.

Ian.

That seems rather a large drop for what from the headlines in the OP don't seem that bad a set of results - not brilliant but how does a drop in sales of ~2% translate to a 23% drop in share price?

Not one for me as I said elsewhere I'm staying away from retail. Looks to be difficult times for retail with a lot of competition and a lot of discounting that will be impacting margins.

On the share ideas board there may be some merit to discussing the scale of the drop, but to be honest for anyone one considering LTBH personally I think retaillers with physical shops have a flashing red light above them and a very loud recorded message saying "avoid, avoid, avoid" being broadcast on a loop.

Terry

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”