Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Indoor TV aerials

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
didds
Lemon Half

Indoor TV aerials

Postby didds » January 14th, 2019, 9:30 am

anybody using such a beast?

We now use as a TV room a room on the "other side" of the house (double fronted detached - not a palace!) and have no aerial cable in said room.
WE pretty much use chromecast from my wife's ipad to watch what we want but an aerial connection and access to "normal" freeview would be preferable. We've no interest in running cables around the house and somehow from the wall across the room to the TV position so an indoor aerial may be a solution. My limited experience of one is from my childhood where the signal was lets say less than brilliant.

any recommendations? (I appreciate there are variables outside of our control like line of sight and signal strength, thickness of walls etc).

didds

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Indoor TV aerials

Postby bungeejumper » January 14th, 2019, 9:44 am

As below:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=15655

Our aerial is positioned in a window because we have an extreme reception problem. (And it works.) It does help that it's a moderately acceptable design - like a silver paperback book, so it doesn't get noticed. Wouldn't want a great black plastic spider in our window!

Some say that amplified aerials just amplify the signal noise as well as the signal itself. We haven't noticed that problem.

BJ

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 14th, 2019, 9:46 am

I doubt that my comments will be of any help and anyway I am sure technology will have moved on since then but my previous house was similar to yours by the sound of it. We got a wireless connection from the Sky signal coming into our main TV (plugged something in to the Skybox I think) which was transferred to a receiver in the other room and hence to another TV. I still have the equipment somewhere I suppose.

Dod

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » January 14th, 2019, 11:12 am

sorry all - I see bruncher opened a similar thread recently!

lets keep replies in bruncher's thread.

didds

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”