Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Best place for topic about leaving the UK

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Best place for topic about leaving the UK

Postby Wizard » February 9th, 2019, 11:37 am

I am thinking of leaving the UK. I would like to ask a few questions of Lemons who may have experience of living in other countries, but I am struggling to work out which is the right board for such questions. Guidance would be appreciated.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Best place for topic about leaving the UK

Postby csearle » February 9th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Wizard wrote:I am thinking of leaving the UK. I would like to ask a few questions of Lemons who may have experience of living in other countries, but I am struggling to work out which is the right board for such questions. Guidance would be appreciated.
Airport Lounge seems to me to be the nearest. Maybe we need an ex-pat board? C.

PS Lived in Germany for 17 years if that helps (once you decide where to talk about it).

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » February 9th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Wizard wrote:I am thinking of leaving the UK. I would like to ask a few questions of Lemons who may have experience of living in other countries, but I am struggling to work out which is the right board for such questions. Guidance would be appreciated.

Wizard, The British Expats forum is great for stuff like that. They have separate boards for different countries, and for returning to the UK, and for visa matters etc etc.

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » February 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

csearle wrote:
Airport Lounge seems to me to be the nearest. Maybe we need an ex-pat board? C.

PS Lived in Germany for 17 years if that helps (once you decide where to talk about it).

Thanks for that. I thought about expat investor board, but this is not really a question about investment.

Maybe I will just stick it on the off topic board, hopefully anyone with a view on it will find it there.

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » February 9th, 2019, 12:46 pm

richfool wrote:

Wizard, The British Expats forum is great for stuff like that. They have separate boards for different countries, and for returning to the UK, and for visa matters etc etc.

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/

Thanks for that richfool, I'll take a look.

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Postby DiamondEcho » February 26th, 2019, 8:40 pm

IIRC I tried to start an expat board here when I was last an expat (as I recall we had one on TMF), but it ended up as just a single topic in another sub-section, not much help when the kinds of questions and geographies are inevitably so diverse and the whole needs a critical mass to make it useful.
These days the issues can be so diverse and time-sensitive (tax etc) that it might be better to go to a specific expat site than hope to recreate something here.

p.s. @Richfool. I've expatted about 1/2 my life, about 5-6 other countries. I'd be happy to have any questions/thoughts etc bounced off me

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”