Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 70

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 70

Postby UncleIan » January 21st, 2019, 9:27 am

At home to 5th, and while I took a fortuitous win away three weeks ago, I still thought it was a bit tight, and didn't risk a PIC. We had 60/40% possession, and were 2-0 up when my (ex-England U20) got injured on 37', a +1 so not too bad. His replacement is pish, or passable anyway. We both scored before halftime for 3-1, eventually it was a fairly comfortable 5-2 victory, chances were 10-4 so the right result. Probably for the best we didn't PIC though.

Still in first place, on 22 points, two points ahead of second, four ahead of 3rd, five ahead of 4th. I still have to play all three of them, 3rd and 4th at home, and 2nd away for the last game. That could be the decider, but then 2nd are away to 3rd next weekend, which could change things and give me a bit of daylight. Assuming I don't slip up away to 7th, which looks tighter than you'd expect, while I should shade possession they've got a monster defence and, of course, having a passable keeper instead of a titanic doesn't do my defence ratings much good.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 21st, 2019, 10:14 pm

Well, that didn't go as hoped.
In 6th, lost away to 5th, 7-0.
Hatstats were 347 vs 299, midfield was 55:45, so 7-0 seemed just a little harsh. They were 3-0 up after 10 minutes, and one of our front three, a magical forward, got crocked, which didn't help.
So,we stay in 6th on 8 pts, and 7th fortunately lost 3-2 to a last minute goal, so they stay on 6pts. However, they have the whipping boys in 8th next, and we are at home to the new 5th, who are 7 pts ahead of us. I've a sneaky feeling that we will be in the relegation zone this time next week....
Sharp end of the season is getting a little bit tasty!

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » January 22nd, 2019, 2:52 pm

Friday was an opportunity to boost England's TC & TS with a home game against Mocambique 17y/o. We won 8-0. Annoyingly a couple of planned substitutions (including a formation change to 4-3-3) didn't happen as I thought I'd planned, but my usual routine was in a mess thanks to having to leave home early on Friday in order to get to the Isle of Wight, returning Monday (yesterday). It was the first time I'd been there since I was an ickle boy, and I liked it much more this time, even if I didn't get to ride the hovercraft.

My English team were beaten 0-7. I've been running a line over the U20 Fwd training requirements, because I have both a quick and a powerful, with the powerful having more passing and the quick having more PM. Looks like I'll need to train both (as well as their scoring) in order to get them both to meet the 'requirement'. I can just about fit it in by the age 20/0 deadline but stamina will have to go up around this time next season, which means they may both be slightly over-trained in one secondary, in order to meet the minimum standard their other secondary. The other odd thing about the U20 training guide for normal forwards/PNFs is that it doesn't account for wing skill... Must remember to bring that up for discussion at some point.

My Oceanian side also lost, 0-2 away to the team in 2nd. I set up 4-5-1 and PIC pressed. They had 9 chances to zero so the one chance we pressed away was probably our own.. I've switched to defending training for the week, my 29y/o player needing one week of passing being injured +1 at the start of the weekend. He's on a plaster now of course! The current plan is to pop his passing and sell him. The sale plan has been extended. I think I should sell my (newish) quick 28y/o forward for a profit in the off season (he's nasty), hopefully his form will improve (from poor) before then. I also think I should train one other player (a sitting m/f) to supernatural defending before selling him as well. These three are just a bit too old as the core of this team is currently 23-26y/o, and they are 28/29. If I can then sit on the proceeds for 3-6 seasons in order to buy in similar (or better) replacements then, then the team would be in great shape to push on and to up the stamina for the NT Wb prospects. However, sitting on proceeds is not one of my strong points, it has to be said...

In South Africa we played another bot. After having 7 teams in this league assigned a team at the start of the season, it is a shame after 8 weeks to see only 3 of us left. We won 9-0, and are still well on track for auto-promotion to III after just one season running the team. We had a nice crowd for this one (over 11k), and I'm considering another expansion or maybe after buying in a 37-38y/o high xp player with a view to improving my coach (coaching skill rather than leadership) toward the end of next season. Unfortunately a few good ones went last week when I was otherwise engaged, and this week the TL is a bit quieter on that front.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 27th, 2019, 8:23 pm

And so it came to pass, another harsh result saw us go down 2-6 at home to the team now in third, and the team in 7th beat 8th to move above us into 6th on 9 pts and push us into 7th on 8 pts and a relegation slot.
The good news is we are away to 8th next week, which should be a win (haha), and then play the team in 6th at home, which we will hope to win (hoho). That might just be enough to secure a qualifier slot, although another point or two in the last two games would be good (hehe).

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » January 28th, 2019, 11:13 am

Away to 7th this week, and I'm starting to wonder if the review ratings page is giving me a false sense of insecurity, I didn't feel comfortable with a PIC, and was just edging midfield, it actually looked like a coin toss. Come the game, and their players clearly have no stamina, which I would have seen if I'd had a closer look at previous games too. At the end of the first half, possession was 44/56% to me, at the end of the game, it was 36/64% to me. That's a fair old swing! Nothing in the match suggested a drop off on their part, the graph looks like a steady decline. Anyway, a note to the future, look at old matches in more detail to pick up on this stuff. We missed a chance and scored one in the first half for a 0-1 lead. In the second half, they missed a chance, as did we, but we scored three more, and they scored none, 0-4 final score. Interestingly (or not) chances were 6-6, so I'll definitely take handing out a pasting, and was probably right not to PIC.

I was hoping 3rd v 2nd would play out a draw, but 2nd did exactly the right thing against the monster midfield with pish attack ratings, and did a CA. Despite only getting 33% of the ball, they squeezed out a 1-2 win.

We're still in first, two points ahead of second, seven points ahead of third. A two horse race now I reckon.

Next week we're at home to 3rd place, as I say, a monster midfield with terrible attack ratings and a decent defence. Even away from home they've got this PM trainer beat for possession, so it looks like a 3-5-2 CA to me.

So last four games for me are:
Home v 3rd, 3-5-2 CA against the monster midfield
Away v 8th, bot bash PIC
Home v 4th, a PIC may be sketchy
Away v 2nd, yikes!

For 2nd place:
Away v 5th, who've not logged in since December, but their default lineup is tasty
Home v 4th
Away v 7th, may not be a PIC
Home v the mighty Albumen

As they're two points behind, any slip up from them, and if I hold it together, and that last match is a dead rubber. That would be ideal! But many a slip betwixt cup and lip so we'll just have to see what happens. I'm currently just below the auto promotion line, but a quick peruse of the III leagues suggests I'd be whipping boys in all that I looked at, so getting promoted might not be my smartest idea.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » January 28th, 2019, 11:51 am

England were away to Japan on Friday. As they were in 2nd a point behind, and with Venezuela (who we face this week) ruining TS to call younger players, we went for "Match of the Season" on a 3-5-2 while they set up in a 4-5-1 on a PIC. England set a new hatstats record of 574, which was the best in the World in Q1 this week. I'm delighted with that and even more delighted we picked up the 3 points for winning 1-3.

My English team had a slight adjustment as the £5m lad had picked up 2 yellows. The scout has been in touch to check the training plan. I'm still a bit unclear as to what and when the stamina needs to be raised and by how much. I'm assuming the players won't be needed in Q1 and that they need to be ready for Q2 provided we get there. That means I can train at 5% until the end of next season potentially, or at least until mid-way through next season. The team lost 9-0 yesterday to add to the 60 we'd shipped already this season. It's the last week of PM before a switch back to scoring.

In Oceania I was home to the team in 8th (a new team taken over from a bot about a month ago), and so I sent out as weak a side as I could (training short passing for the final week in a 2-5-3), pressing, with my worst SP taker on SP duty. They had 54-63% thanks to my 5% stamina and we won 1-0 thanks to a corner to anyone SE. 3rd lost at home to the leaders and slip to 4th as 4th won away at 7th to keep me in 5th (which is where I want to finish for the playoff spot and xp gain for the my NT wannabe wingback trainees) level on pts with 4th but with -6GD to them.

In South Africa, we are now down to 2 remaining active teams. I was away to the team in 4th and despite going PIN and having 51-49% of the ball chance distribution went 10-1 their way and we lost 2-0. That's the first time this team has dropped points this season, and we slipped to become the first team below the auto-promote line. If I'm being sensible I'll stay there and continue to build this very young team playing against bots in Div IV for happier fans and sponsors than I expect to get in III. We're now 7 points clear at the top as the team in 2nd drew 1-1 against another useful default line-up. In my YA my GK popped to solid. I'm considering training him for the club when he promotes mid-way through next season, and am now looking to buy an experienced player I can convert into a better coach 16 weeks after purchase.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » February 4th, 2019, 8:28 am

Going into this week I'm in 2nd on goal difference - which looks insurmountable.
I had an easy week.
1st played 3rd. If 1st win, its season over due to the GD.
I won 6-0, but 1st also won 3-0.

Bah...

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » February 4th, 2019, 9:00 am

I guess, if you only have 40% of the ball, you're always going to struggle. We were at home to third, a monster midfield team, with terrible attack ratings. We went with a 3-5-2 CA, copying the team that tried it last week and got a win, what I didn't notice was their CA ability was extra terrestrial, while mine turn out to be a rather more pedestrian magnificent. Still, first goal was after 6', we scored with a counter attack, then they equalised a minute later. Some missed chances and the (ex England U20 homegrown*) goalie gets a mention and...that's it. 1-1 final score. Chances were 5-11, so maybe I was lucky all told. Maybe I should have played 4-5-1, but then one of my wingbacks that didn't play in 2-3-3 the week before got injured (+3, noooo!) in a friendly, so that option was out.

* there's contractual obligation to mention this every time.

So one point for me, how did second fare? Rinse and repeat for them. Another big midfield and rubbish defence, this time they only had 34% possession, but that ET CA is a strong card to play, chances 8-8, final score 0-4.

To the league, and we're now first on a +1 goal difference. Same goals for, we've let in one fewer. Both on 25 points. Third is on 19.

Next week I'm away with a bot bash PIC, handy, while he's at home to 3rd. Hopefully that'll improve my goal difference somewhat, but it looks like it's all coming down to the final week showdown.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » February 4th, 2019, 12:21 pm

And so it came to pass, again. I seem to be getting better at predicting what will happen, but remain less able to change the outcome if it doesn't suit!

In 7th, away to 8th, not a problem, won 0-4 (less than I wanted, dunno why we didnt score all 8 chances). The team in 6th had me worried, as they were holding out for a 3-3 draw before letting two late goals in to lose 3-5.

The net result is we are back into 6th on 11 pts, and 7th are on 9 pts. And the next game we are at home to 7th. The loser pretty much gets relegated, the winner gets a qualifier.

They have been trading some players up recently, which may account for a rise in hatstats. I've brought one player in and two out recently. On paper we have the edge, but I wont take this one for granted. Question I have for myself is, can I win it on a PIN or do I have to MOTS.....that will be a late decision, see how the injuries look on either side before the game.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » February 4th, 2019, 12:34 pm

On Friday England hosted Venezuela's 25 year olds. A PIC 3-0 win saw us retain a 7pt lead over the three teams in 2nd, as Sweden on a PIN beat a MoTsing Japan. Wales host Sweden next and then Slovakia host Wales, the following week, and if the home side wins both our place in Q2 is assured. We had a couple of wingers pick up a +1 this weekend in the league, so there's still plenty to think about ahead of this week's home game against Slovakia who will have approx 3 levels better TS than us.

In England my team scored their 4th goal of the season as we lost 1-9. Training has switched back to scoring with PM pops for both my expensive players, and my home grown 18y/o unpredictable popped, got nil listed, and sold yesterday for approx £800k (net) which wasn't too far off the £1m I was hoping for. I had an interesting discussion in the week about stamina raising for players to help the U20s. The conclusion was that as my lads are Q2 eligible, I won't have to raise it at all unless England qualify for that stage, and if we do, I can pack in 3 weeks at 60% before dropping it down to 25% a week or so before it kicks off. High stamina can suppress form, but only in the foreground, and while the stamina remains high, but there's a lot more 'fear' of high stamina's effects on form than can be substantiated.

In Oceania, I was in 5th, away to 6th and after a few key players didn't pop to complete the passing training schedule, I opted to add one more week, and set up with players all out of their optimal positions in a 2-5-3. We scraped a 1-0 loss, while the team in 4th lost 8-1 to the league leaders, taking us level on points and GD and they remain in 4th by dint of having scored 7 more goals than us. 6th are now just 3pts behind both of us with -18GD to ours. 4th are home to 6th this week while we are away to 3rd. Hopefully that gives me a chance to drop behind the team in 4th on points and GD, so that I can get a playoff. One player that did pop was my quick 29y/o IM. I've listed him to sell tonight, but his form and stamina may mean I need to drop the price a bit before he sells.

In South Africa, I splashed out £100k on a technical 37 y/o forward with titanc xp and inadequate leadership who will become my coach next season to help with training my YA GK (already solid GK). He scored as we won 5-1 on a PIC against a default set up from a team with no manager, which moves the team up one position on the auto-promotion table, meaning I'm the last team in an auto-promotion spot at the moment. The team are 7pts clear of 2nd, and I'm playing them in the penultimate match this season, but even if they won that, I'd still have one hand on the title. The terraces were 95% full for this match, with 93% full on basic seating, with a gate of £80k. As I'm at home to 2nd in a fortnight, I've stuck in a small stadium upgrade to take it up to 16k from 14 thousand and something.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » February 11th, 2019, 9:23 am

Bot this week. Won 10-0.
Still level points with the team in 1st who "only" won 4-0.
Thats closed the GD down to 12, with 2 games to go.
The title race is over...

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » February 11th, 2019, 9:53 am

As me and Donut seemed to have a similar week...

Donut102 wrote:Bot this week. Won 10-0.

Bot this week. Won 0-10.

Donut102 wrote:Still level points with the team in 1st who "only" won 4-0.

Still level points with the team in second, who only won 3-0.

Donut102 wrote:Thats closed the GD down to 12, with 2 games to go.
The title race is over...

Our goal difference is +8.
We play second away on the last weekend. So still all to play for.

Hmm, of the 10 we banged in this week, my winger who had only scored two up until this point scored five. Pleased for the lad etc etc. In the top scorers chart for my league my players hold positions 3-6. No glory in that though. Insert platitudes about it being a team game, playing for each other and so on.

At home next week to 5th, a brief look suggests I can't risk a PIC, while second are away to seventh. No idea if they could PIC, probably not.

Got the classic sell or keep decision too. My oldest trainee is 24, turned titanic PM a couple of weeks back, and will take a whole season to get to ET, which would also reduce his sale value, of course, it would also negatively impact my midfield if I sold him. And if you don't keep selling your trainees, you can't afford to buy replacements elsewhere. Nothing new here, but it's such a finely balanced conundrum. I'm currently thinking sell, as the next three in line are much more of the same level, so they'd all get to titanic around the same time. Or this is how my team never gets better and I'm a Div IV team.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » February 11th, 2019, 12:04 pm

England should have been beaten hands down on Friday, as Slovakia opted for a PIN, had majority possession and better attack ratings, with possession increasing as England threw players forward to chase the game (against a possible CA). The walnut whip I'd laid at Widdy's altar before the game ensured that we had a big slice of luck from the match engine, recovering from 0-2 down and 1-3 down to draw 3-3. The Welsh beat Sweden as well, and this means that England just need to beat the rebuilding African nations who are using U20 players, in order to reach Q2 in Croatia.All that remains is work out the best strategy to adopt to prepare for the next phase, and so I've sent a couple of messages out to more experienced managers who've done this sort of thing before. Disappointingly, our middle IM in excellent form was injured and his manager has a Cup semi-final tomorrow as well as battling to auto-promote to the Swiss top division. I share his pain.

In England, we took another six of the best, a deserved thrashy spanking and my £5m lad was sent off for a 2nd yellow on 43 minutes. I had conditional orders to replace a defender with another forward trainee if a forward was red carded, to ensure no missed scoring training minutes, and both are due to complete the remainder of their 90 minutes training mid-week in the friendly.

In Oceania, the battle to finish below 4th has intensified. The team in 4th were playing at home to 6th, while we were at home to 3rd, and switching to defender training for 3 weeks (to pop the defending to supernatural on our mythical powerful PM before selling him). We gave up possession and had no attack, and they won 0-1. The team in 4th wasn't having any of it, and send out an even more pathetic excuse for a first team, losing 1-4. So, despite losing I've actually overtaken them on GD (as they had been ahead of me on goals scored). I'm now 4th, dammit! The team in 6th is also level on points with both of us with a GD of -8 compared to my +6 and 5th's +4. The good news is that 6th do have a game against one of the teams below them to come in the final week, but we need to lose at home to the same team (in 7th) next week and we then have an away game against the team in 5th in week 14. As they seem hell bent on losing as well, I reckon I'm a gonna have to press that one and hope that 6th wins, and that we draw. Much as I want the xp for the playoff, I'm not going to screw up training to do it. My quick 28y/o IM still hasn't sold, and he has had hardly any views, so I figure he'll just have to stay on until the transfer window opens in a couple of weeks.

In South Africa, I was playing another of the half-reasonable default line ups for a recently ownerlessified team. I selected the same PIC line-up from the week before and lost 3-1, which drops me to 4pts ahead of 2nd, and back under the auto-promote line. I'm facing 2nd next week, and he's posted a message saying he's looking forward to it, this game is a bit like an oasis in the deserted wilderness for both of us, after having as many as 7 new active teams toward the start of the season.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » February 13th, 2019, 2:54 pm

The net result is we are back into 6th on 11 pts, and 7th are on 9 pts. And the next game we are at home to 7th. The loser pretty much gets relegated, the winner gets a qualifier.

They have been trading some players up recently, which may account for a rise in hatstats. I've brought one player in and two out recently. On paper we have the edge, but I wont take this one for granted. Question I have for myself is, can I win it on a PIN or do I have to MOTS.....that will be a late decision, see how the injuries look on either side before the game.

Well, we didn't have injuries to contend with, so I went for a PIN. Won midfield 60%, had 8 chances to 3, and came out 4-0 winners. Looked comfortable but I didnt see it that way before the game. Maybe they'd gone MOTS the previous week.

Anyway, still in 6th on 14 pts, 7th has 9 pts and 5th has 18 pts. We are away to 5th next. They have a stonking 5 man defence, dont give many goals away, a good midfield but weak front line, so they don't score many either. Having said that, the last two games we've played against them were both 2-2. The one before that, they won 0-1. A point would be good, but will have to do my homework to get it. As New Order once said, "theres only one way to beat them, get round the back". Might try that.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » February 13th, 2019, 4:35 pm

As New Order once said.....

If you follow that logic, surely you've got to set man marking?
I think you should express yourself, one on one. You know you can win, don't give up the chase. Beat the man, take him on - its one on one.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » February 18th, 2019, 9:48 am

My last home game of the season, and the builders finished just in time, we added another 10,000, and we now have a 70,000 seater stadium. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered with doing it proportionally, another ok Sunday weather-wise, and it's only the seats under the roof that are just over half empty. Everywhere else is ram jammed full. Aaah, nothing like realism is there? I guess it's towards the end of the season and we're doing alright too, so maybe no surprises that people want to see our silky blend of attractive attacking football. :)

Anyhoo, like I say, last home game of the season, and our opponents are 5th. They are in no danger of relegation, but could sneak 4th if they wanted it. The review page reckoned we'd have a decent chunk of possession, and attack v defence both ways was pretty even, too close to PIC, I can't afford any slip ups, we're only in first on goal diff, and away to second in the last match. Having possession meant I went 2-5-3 with two CBs and therefore no WBs. On 5' they go 0-1 up with a goal from the right. We equalise, then they score again...from the right...argggh! The recriminations only last for a minute as we equalise. 2-2 halftime score, and we have 59% of the ball. I'm only slightly concerned, we'll come good in the second half. True enough, we scored two more unanswered goals, 4-2 final score. Chances 6-3. Yeah, probably for the best we didn't PIC.

2nd place also won, 0-2, so it's as you were, we're both on 31 points now, still with a +8 goal diff. So now all thoughts turn to next week. I've got a sneaky feeling they PICd this week, their midfield was 3% worse than their last away match. Looking at the review page, I may shade possession with the most obvious MOTS since I don't know when. I may not once you add on their MOTS. All looks very coin flippy. Nothing I can do in the next week to fix that. We're only one point below the auto-promotion line too. So I'd expect whoever wins will not get a qualifier. Not sure how I feel about promoting, a brief look suggests I'd struggle in the worst III, to throw the game seems immoral though somehow. Things to ponder for sure.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » February 19th, 2019, 11:26 pm

They were a tough nut to crack as predicted, and we couldn't do it in the end, they won 1-0.
Fortunately, as the team in 7th also lost, our place in 6th is cemented and we can prep for the qualifier.
Last game of the season is home to 2nd, who have a very remote chance of getting 1st place. We will PIC and give them a fighting chance...

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » February 20th, 2019, 3:04 pm

England's game on Friday was a formality. 7-0 against the Tanzanian kids.

In the league, having scored just 4 goals in the opening 12 fixtures, we bagged two on Sunday. In fact it was 2-2 on 30 minutes, which is when our lack of stamina started to bite. Final score 2-6. I did hear an interesting rumour that the powers that be are considering putting a bottom limit on stamina of 10%. Make the most of 5% while the sun shines for all 3 of my teams then...

In Oceania I sent out the same team for the league as I did the week before. We were 4th at home to 7th while 5th was away to 3rd and 6th was home to 2nd. We pulled 162 hatstats to their 186 and we had a wretched (high) m/f. Final score 0-0 thanks to both teams defender training with 5 at the back and not much in front of them. 5th lost to 3rd, but 6th is now 4th after beating 2nd. All I have to do now is hang on to the qualification spot playing away at 6th this weekend. A draw will be enough to ensure we don't finish 4th, but if we accidentally win, 4th are away to 7th and might be able to nab 3pts.

In South Africa we sent out our best team possible, on a PIN with 182 hatstats to their (2nd's) 169. We won 3-2 to secure the league title. 33pts +45GD. The auto-promotion line is currently 36pts +32GD. I don't think promoting is a good plan with such a new team, so fingers crossed on that.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » February 25th, 2019, 9:09 am

To recap: Not lose and we win the league. Win and we probably auto-promote. It looked like a pretty evenly matched game.

A more obvious end of term MOTS you wouldn't see, so that's what we did, on a standard 3-5-2. As it turned out we just about shaded midfield, 49/51, while everywhere else was fairly even, with the slight anomaly of their central defence beating my attack 60/40. They were in a 2-5-3 but managed to have ok WB ratings. Anyway, First half we missed two chances, and my quick defender happened to be lined up against their quick winger and he managed to snuff out one of their chances, that was handy! They sneaked another attack through though for 1-0 at halftime. We equalised with a free kick on 60 minutes, and a few more chances went begging from both sides. Final score 1-1. Chances were 5-7, three of mine fell to my outclassed central attack, them's the breaks I guess.

Turns out a score draw is just about the perfect result for me, we maintain our 1st place in the league, and got nowhere near the auto-promotion line*, so face a team that came 5th in III.2, the series ranked 2nd of 16. A quick look suggests we'll be losing the midfield battle significantly, and their defence ratings aren't too shabby. Maybe a weird 4-5-1 CA MOTS or something left-field. There's no reason not to MOTS is there? Really I'd just like to score and not get too much of a pasting, and enjoy the extra experience.

* Though, actually, looking at it, if I'd have won I'd have been on 34 points, and it turns out only one team on 34 points stumbled over the line, I'd have been about 2-3 places below the line.

Another season done, ten wins, two draws, two losses. Rode my luck at times I think, but overall me winning my league wasn't the unfairest result.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » February 25th, 2019, 2:22 pm

England were at home to Wales. Set up with a PIC CA to give them as much of a sporting chance as possible. It was a very exciting game, with England having an IM sent off, and a CDTW subbed by regular central defender when he was injured. Won 6-4 to mathematically secure out place in Q2. The hattrick portal went down last week, and has only just returned. I was very glad to continue preparations as normal with my trusty spreadsheets, which is exactly why I do not recommend relying on the portal. We play Sweden next, who pulled a 580 away to Slovakia this week. I'm very glad we don't have to get a result in this one, but if we did get a result, there's a strong chance it will mean we don't have to face them again in the latter stages, with Japan currently 3pts ahead of them on the table.

My English team let 11 in this week. At least we had a PNF attempt though... So, that's 6 goals for and 101 against this season. Training is going well though. There's £5.5m in the bank and every week generated a profit.

In Oceania, we set up with a press and lost 1-0 to 6th who finished 5th. 4th won as well, so we have a nice playoff at home in Tasmania, with a team from Victoria hopping over the Bass Strait to face us. I need to sell 3-4 higher waged players in the off-season, funds are down to under £2m and we've been losing money most weeks, even with a home game.

In South Africa we beat a default set up 1-2, to finish 7pts clear of 2nd. We finished exactly 1pt below the auto-promotion line, so have a playoff next week, after my first season in charge to get to III. I'm pretty sure that promoting would hurt the team's financial development at this early stage, but win or lose, I'll look for a more active series to join next season. The team has finds of £275k (saving up for a coach conversion now) and will sell a French trainee for the balance at his next training pop.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”