Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Digital look

Discussions regarding financial software
ax1709cjm

Re: Digital look

Postby ax1709cjm » October 30th, 2018, 9:33 am

I used to access my digitallook portfolio via a direct link. I noticed yesterday afternoon it suddenly started returning a blank page. This morning I can't seem to log in via any mechanism, and as previously stated, my login does not appear to work on uk.webfg.com . Looks like it's gone for good (we shall see)...

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 30th, 2018, 5:32 pm

And it's back again!!

Login into your portfolio now and copy all your holdings data while you still can...

Portfolios: http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/digi ... olio_value

Watchlists: http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlme ... =valuation

UKNeil

Postby UKNeil » October 30th, 2018, 5:53 pm

yes it is back on ....I am now in again

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 30th, 2018, 5:56 pm

DL has no export function to get a record of your holdings, however you can copy and paste the tables from their web pages into a spreadsheet. Take advantage of this unexpected return to get all the details you can. I prepared the following animation for the 'other' DL thread. Images can't be posted on this board, but you can see it in action here: viewtopic.php?p=176586#p176586

It is actually quite easy. Besides, it is the only available method of getting a record of your DL Portfolio holdings or the transaction Statement into a spreadsheet form. Without that you would find it difficult to recreate your holdings in any another portfolio manager.

The Portfolio can be selected, copied, then pasted into a spreadsheet with 'paste special' (in Excel use 'match destination format', or in LibreOffice paste as unformatted text, tab deliminated). The Portfolio will require a little tidying up after pasting into a spreadsheet. You will need to adjust column widths and there are a few unwanted bits to clear. But no tidying up will be required for the Statement apart for column widths.

Here's a demo I made of one of my dummy portfolios, click on it to view full screen.

https://i.imgur.com/UC32kWb.gif

UKNeil

Postby UKNeil » March 4th, 2019, 9:46 am

Digital Look is down again from Friday 1st March . Have tried all throughout the weekend and today , still comes up as Sharecast - anybody know whats a foot.... Help !

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » March 4th, 2019, 10:59 am

UKNeil wrote:Digital Look is down again from Friday 1st March . Have tried all throughout the weekend and today , still comes up as Sharecast - anybody know whats a foot.... Help !

DigitalLook has been working fine for me over the weekend and still works this morning - but you have to jump through a hoop to avoid being redirected to Sharecast.

The trick is to use a url that start with finance... rather than www...

For the full normal service, go to http://finance.digitallook.com/ and use the Login button at the top right to sign in. After that you can access your portfolios/watchlists as normal.

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » March 4th, 2019, 11:51 am

Breelander wrote:
UKNeil wrote:Digital Look is down again from Friday 1st March . Have tried all throughout the weekend and today , still comes up as Sharecast - anybody know whats a foot.... Help !

DigitalLook has been working fine for me over the weekend and still works this morning - but you have to jump through a hoop to avoid being redirected to Sharecast.

The trick is to use a url that start with finance... rather than www...

For the full normal service, go to http://finance.digitallook.com/ and use the Login button at the top right to sign in. After that you can access your portfolios/watchlists as normal.

Thanks for the info: very useful. Also for me the finance.digitallook.com gets my old data, and the plain digitallook.com goes to webcfg. I have at least been able to pull a copy of my data down (thankfully: saves a lot of re-creation, and the copy paste into a spreadsheet seems quite faithful). Shame DL couldn't at least tip us off a little bit..... I wonder how much longer finance.digitallook.com will be available (readers beware!)

I too am therefore looking for a replacement for DL (not reliable enough now, and am looking elsewhere while I still can!). So far on this thread, the suggestions have been:
ft.com
mornigstar
This is Money (from the DM).
Any others?

I like the single listing of all holdings with a price, and the performance table is really useful (for daily price changes etc)

TIA

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » March 4th, 2019, 12:02 pm

yorkshirelad1 wrote:..I too am therefore looking for a replacement for DL (not reliable enough now, and am looking elsewhere while I still can!). So far on this thread, the suggestions have been:
ft.com
mornigstar
This is Money (from the DM).
Any others?

Not that I have found (and I have looked). Your top two in the list are the best I've found. I am already running an FT portfolio in parallel to my DL one for the day DL finally dies.

UKNeil

Postby UKNeil » March 4th, 2019, 3:37 pm

:) :) I am now in - not sure how - via finance.digitallook.com kept kicking me to Sharecast and then I got in... again.

I still have my mirrored portfolio on This is Money, but I will also look at FT.com as another alternative .

Thanks to all for their help and suggestions

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » March 4th, 2019, 4:33 pm

UKNeil wrote: :) :) I am now in - not sure how - via finance.digitallook.com kept kicking me to Sharecast and then I got in...

All my previous links direct to my portfolio or watchlists have ceased to work, they now divert to ShareCast as soon as I type my password on the DL login.

The only known way in that works now is to use the login button on the http://finance.digitallook.com/ home page.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”