Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Game of Thrones season 8 starting.. excited peeps?

Strangeness abounds. No question too obscure
HBEN

Game of Thrones season 8 starting.. excited peeps?

Postby HBEN » April 2nd, 2019, 11:52 am

So April is going to be a good month. The biggest of them all is Game of thrones, Avengers, Endgame and Shazam! I am already all hyped up..

What are you guys expecting from this season finale? The only thing that is turned me off is the short number of episodes. How are they going to merge everything in the end?

Btw, Are there any decent options for live watching game of thrones in UK except for HBO? I might be travelling in coming weeks so I might miss a few episodes which I don't want to.

Moderator Message:
Link to third party VPN website removed - you've posted too many regular links to that site HBEN.... - Itsallaguess

davidmichaels

Re: Game of Thrones season 8 starting.. excited peeps?

Postby davidmichaels » April 3rd, 2019, 7:50 am

For me Game of Thrones is all I am waiting for this month. :D

I mean no disrespect to Avengers, Endgame and Shazam, they are also some really good things to watch but nothing as compared to GoT specially because its the final season man. Just check out the hype and buzz all around the internet. People has been waiting for 2 long years for this season to come.

Yeah i would like to agree with you here that the only turn off point of GoT is its short number of episodes. Just 6 episodes :( . They are really good players they will easily conclude everything in these 6 episodes I bet, no question will be left unanswered.

Why do you wanna watch it elsewhere, I mean no doubt there are many options to watch Game of Thrones without hbo, but since it is the official broadcaster of GoT, they show it in the best quality.

If you go for other options, you would probably needing VPNs to access those streaming channels.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » April 9th, 2019, 11:11 am

Is GoT as good as Fleabag? https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Fleabag's second and final series is sensational, cast is incredible, the script is one modern witty observation after another.

It is a BBC production and all 6 episodes of Season 2 are on the iplayer (link above - I've only posted one, so hopefully it won't be removed)

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 9th, 2019, 11:36 am

Bink333 wrote:Is GoT as good as Fleabag? https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Fleabag's second and final series is sensational, cast is incredible, the script is one modern witty observation after another.

It is a BBC production and all 6 episodes of Season 2 are on the iplayer ...

Both series are available https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p070npjv/fleabag

It'll pass.

HBEN

Postby HBEN » April 24th, 2019, 7:31 am

Both episodes were amazing and beautiful in someway. All the reunions, all the build up towards battle of fire and ice. I am enjoying game of thrones better than ever.. The only thing that is bugging me are the number of episodes. Its going to be a very tiny season. Yet there are many things to cover so I am all up for it and lets see how are they going to do it on TV! :geek:

skewwy

Postby skewwy » April 24th, 2019, 9:53 am

The next episode is 82 minutes long and features a 40+ minute continuous battle! The longest ever in TV or film history apparently...

The three episodes after that are all around 80 minutes as well. In previous series most episodes were around 50 minutes so there is plenty of great TV still to come and plenty of time to wrap everything up!

It is going to be brilliant!

sackofspuds
2 Lemon pips

Postby sackofspuds » April 24th, 2019, 11:09 pm

Yeah, episode 3 will be a big one alright.

What I'm wondering about is how on earth they kill the Night King. Getting rid of him seems the only possible way of winning because taking out his army by conventional means looks absolutely impossible.

I guess Bran's idea of luring him in gives some indication of what might happen but clearly it's not going to be that easy.

The living definitely need a huge game changing bit of luck. Otherwise the odds against them are just too overwhelming.

I keep checking who has got the Valyrian swords. Doubtless the writers are expecting us to be checking too:
Brienne
Jaime
Jon
Jorah (was Sam till last episode)
Arya (dagger; given to her by Bran who, for some reason, was given it by Little Finger)

I feel that the dagger must play a significant part at some point, given the three eyed raven gave it to Arya. I also just read that it came into Bran's mother's possession because it was used in an assassination attempt on him when he was in a coma.

I feel somewhat the same about the sword Sam gave to Jorah. Up until last episode I thought Sam might play a significant part in the battle given he had that sword and was a suitably surprising character.

I also can't help wondering what kind of sorry state the Northern armies will be in even if the Night King is defeated. They are going to have to march down south and take on Cersei's army. All seems really unlikely to me, unless they have some huge lucky break of some kind.

supremetwo
Lemon Quarter

Postby supremetwo » April 25th, 2019, 1:25 am

I found episode 2 sets to be very dark so that the characters' faces were almost invisible.

Is it just my TV or is there a lack of expenditure on set lighting?

Plus, I need to watch with remote in hand to turn the volume up to be able to hear the dialogue or down to avoid being deafened every other scene.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 25th, 2019, 4:13 pm

supremetwo wrote:I found episode 2 sets to be very dark so that the characters' faces were almost invisible.

Is it just my TV or is there a lack of expenditure on set lighting?

I think the entirety was filmed in such a way, in an attempt to portray that Winter is most definitely Coming. Dark forebodings or words to that effect. They are up North as well.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 25th, 2019, 4:24 pm

sackofspuds wrote:Yeah, episode 3 will be a big one alright.

Who would want to be in the crypt?

Reminds me of Jim Bowie being trapped in his last scene in The Alamo.

Btw, I don't think you mentioned Beric's flaming sword or whatever it is. Potentially more important than the Valyrian swords or all the dragonglass in China.

sackofspuds
2 Lemon pips

Postby sackofspuds » April 25th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Yeah, interesting point about the flaming sword though it was of limited use against the Whites last season. Maybe against the NK or lieutenants it will be different.

I've read speculation about the crypt. Nobody in the cast seems to have thought about it. Presumably there are limits to the NK's power in terms of time elapsed prior to reanimation though. Also, I think the odds are bad enough against Jon and co already.

The one positive I can think of is the ease that Jon dispatched the NK's lieutenant in Hardhome once he realised the sword worked. Means that if someone with a Valyrian sword can get to a lieutenant, a couple of sword strokes are sufficient to end them.

For my money btw, Hardhome was the best episode so far.

Return to “Land of Off Topic Posts”